Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy home-builds tesla coil and shoots 500,000 volts around his body
04-24-2009, 08:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2009, 07:53 PM by mastermg.)
<span style="font-family:Arial">Inventor gives Rodin's 'The Thinker' a shocking new twist... by shooting 500,000 volts of electricity down his body<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></span>

[Image: article-1172819-0497D060000005DC-158_634x588.jpg]
It's electric: Peter Terren shoots 500,000 volts of electricity down his body as he sits in the pose of Rodin's 'Thinker'

Using a home-built Tesla coil pieced together from junk and bits from hardware stores, Peter Terren risked his life to make the electrifying image.
He was also only protected from painful death by electrocution by a layer of cheap builders' foil.
Terren, from Bunbury, Western Australia,said: 'I wanted to convey the concept of the modern electrical age with the barrage of electrical interference in our lives. So much is happening and demanding our attention that it is difficult to "think".
'I decided upon a real life posture like the thinker with a lot of electrical activity around me with sparks onto my body.'

[Image: article-1172819-0497D08D000005DC-166_634x528.jpg]
The electricity pours out safely out through Terren's rubber-soled shoes to the floor below

His previous Tesla experiments have seen him wrapped in a Faraday cage - like a see-through Dalek - but this time he wanted to push himself.
Peter's face was protected by a mask made of fine strands of stainless steel and his 'safety suit' consisted of a wrapping of builders' insulating foil. A wig covered up a foil headcap.
The electricity fired from the Tesla rod, which is passed over him in a semi-circle, can then pass down the foil suit and safely out to the earth through his foot.
The 52-year-old said: 'In doing this I wanted to do something new that also challenged the boundaries.
'Allowing the sparks to contact my body or face directly is not safe of course. A single spark that gets past the defences would throw me to the ground in intense pain like a Taser shock.
'Multiple sparks would also stop me breathing and be fatal.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...icity-body.html
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
04-24-2009, 08:52 PM,
If he's saying that he will be shocked from this, then he's got his Tesla coil tuned wrong.:LOL: Tesla used to sit in all of his lightning unshielded.

The voltage is not a problem to the human body IF it's of a higher frequency. Current is your enemy. Around 2 amps will kill you. Foil will work as a shield up to a a certain frequency but at the frequencies Tesla was working at, they would pass through even that. In the pic, you can see that they are colored purple. That indicates a slightly lower freq of the electrostatic charge. Blue-white is indicative of the freq that is not harmful (and possible even helpful) to humans. There have been many reports of the air in a room feeling "lighter" and people having mood lifts when this frequency of electricity is being used. Conventional AC & DC current give off orange-white sparks as they are of much, much lower frequencies.

The tricky part is that all three freq ranges tend to appear together in varying ratios. The unwanted ranges need to be bled off by either using them or storing them. From the pics, I'd say he's not doing that and that's why he needs to use shielding. This is similarly done in our monopole experiments by minimizing conventional current so that the radiant energy (blue-white and purple-white) are maximized.

I see your starting to really dig into this stuff, MMG.:D
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
04-25-2009, 01:44 AM,
Interesting...
:D
05-05-2009, 07:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2009, 07:11 AM by rsol.)
im the first to say it

FAKE!!!!!!!!!

time release photography and a sparkler. used to do these myself with a torchght bulb. would make my mate look like he was shooting some rays out from his hand.

[Image: MTSparkler2500.jpg]

plus if anyone can remember, the tesla photo was a fake too. correct me if im wrong but that image see ms worked on to me
05-05-2009, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2009, 12:19 AM by Easy Skanking.)
The photo does seem kind of odd as shadows don't seem to match light sources. It also looks kind of manipulated around his head. However I have noticed various kinds of odd characteristics from these kind of energies. "Skin effect" transmission of the energy is one and electrical charging of items not in close physical proximity to the coil as well. When using this higher frequency energy to power lights, the spectrum of light emitted doesn't always show up on film, so there may be something of the sort going on here.

I had not heard of any of Tesla's photos being faked, rsol. Care to elaborate on that?

Here's some general info on Tesla Coils: http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot-strea...fety/safety.htm
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
05-05-2009, 11:15 PM,
I guess dailymail is bullshitting then...
05-06-2009, 12:34 AM,
Perhaps...

I think it more likely that they had absolutely no fucking clue as to what they were talking about and the inventor tried to simplify it so that they could understand it. Whatever the case, the article came out not quite jiving with my understanding of things....and of course, I couldn't be wrong about this.:LOL: That could be a result of the short article with no understanding or it could be result o this whole thing being a forgery. Don't know for sure...

05-06-2009, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM by rsol.)
sure thing skank

[Image: tesla_colorado_adjusted.jpg]

this was hand drawn from what i can see. its one of him just sitting there reading while sparks fly about the room. He wasn't that suicidal. Please note this pose is similar to his famous reading pose in front of a giant spiral transformer.

The other point id like to make on the case of this newly made picture. please note that some of that discharge is touching his hand. please also note that he is not being fried. As he explained he just has to have that stuff on a bit of him and its no more breathing. also i know time release photography. there seems to be a ghost. have a look at the top of the sparky bit. you will see a ghosted line that reminds me of a hand blurring over several seconds.
05-06-2009, 10:47 AM,
he's wearing protective mittens..
05-06-2009, 07:54 PM,
I wonder how the formatting of the first post got messed up, I just fixed it.
05-06-2009, 07:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2009, 07:59 PM by ---.)
I'm not at all convinced the Tesla photo is fake tbh.
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM,
rsol, why does that pic seem fake to you?

It looks genuine to me. The shadows are congruent from a flash photo and from the light given off from the two different kinds of electricity jumping around, IMO. Even with Tesla sitting in the same position as another photo doesn't make me think it's fake. Sitting in the midst of his experiments was a common behavior from the reports.

05-07-2009, 02:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2009, 02:56 AM by ToddTraf.)
One of my most amazing memories as a kid (20+years ago) was when my mother took me to her friends house. He was a pipe organ cleaner/ tuner and a crazy inventor. He had walled off a room in the middle of his house and built a huge Tesla Coil in the middle of it. There were glass viewing windows in the walls. I was lucky enough to see him light it up. The dance of electrical arcs and tiny lightning was beyond words. Then as the city block began to brown out he shut it down claiming the electrical company would have his ass if they knew what he was up too. I'm not sure what that implied. This photo is awesome fake or not. Theres real ones out there and this one makes me daydream about my real experiance with a huge tesla coil.
05-07-2009, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2009, 11:05 AM by rsol.)
im instantly skeptical of anything the mail publishes:)

Fair play on the gloves i can see what you mean now. It just seems a little odd looking. There seems to be a look as thos hes blurred in the picture (time release style) as do the spikes. however the lines coming down are deadly sharp. Also, what seems to be me as a hand slightly above the yellow arc. And ofc the whole thing looks treated.

and the tesla picture i think is from a newspaper clipping. thats the only one ive seen that was faked. Im not saying the others were.
05-07-2009, 05:42 PM,
It's a double exposure..

according to this link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Tesla Turbine JohnDoe1984 46 9,952 04-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Last Post: JFK
Exclamation Body Scanners: How Terahertz Waves Tear Apart DNA FastTadpole 20 10,235 07-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  tesla info B4Time 5 2,094 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
Information Schizophrenia Experiment Produces First Repeatable Out-of-Body Experience in the Lab FastTadpole 0 876 11-02-2011, 08:06 AM
  Body in Space on Apollo Mission? tangelope 2 962 10-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Last Post: tangelope
  Laser used to shoots down planes TriWooOx 2 1,109 07-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: JazzRoc
  UN climate body admits 'mistake' on Himalayan glaciers TriWooOx 1 1,037 01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
  Nokia self-charging cell phones using Tesla technology mastermg 2 1,976 07-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  How to Grow Fresh Air: 50 Houseplants That Purify Your Home --- 3 1,342 05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ---
  First Look at Tesla's Stunning Model S Weyland 5 1,731 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Hans Olo