Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
concerning comments
11-26-2010, 12:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2010, 09:48 PM by chell0w.)
Sad  concerning comments
Sad to see comments gone so suddenly ... there were many discussions I was still reading you know :/

While I do read many comments, I agree there is some degree of abuse by some users, but tbh i'm not really bothered by it, is anyone else?
It's easy to identify them (you learn their names after a while), and just simply skip and continue on reading.
I feel the comments are too valueable to simple delete/disable.

A few suggestions:
  • enable comment reading for old torrents
  • give users the option to enable comments, but disable by default
  • maximum 1 comment a day per user
  • and/or: maximum 10 comments per week or month per user
  • and/or: maximum 2 comments per user per torrent
EDIT:
Thanks to the "friendly" input of JFK in post number #71 you can at least read comments by adding torrents-details.php?id=xxxxx&page=0#comments to urls.

EDIT2:
torrent reading enabled for torrents uploaded before 26/11/2010 without messing with urls.

---

11-26-2010, 01:10 AM,
RE: concerning comments
look it's easy very easy. all you do is give a warning to a commenter if they are out of line and if they fail to abide by site rules ban them for 7 days and i am sure they will get the message and act accordingly in future.

(11-26-2010, 12:44 AM)chell0w Wrote: Sad to see comments gone so suddenly ... there were many discussions I was still reading you know :/

While I do read many comments, I agree there is some degree of abuse by some users, but tbh i'm not really bothered by it, is anyone else?
It's easy to identify them (you learn their names after a while), and just simply skip and continue on reading.
I feel the comments are too valueable to simple delete/disable.

A few suggestions:
  • enable comment reading for old torrents
  • give users the option to enable comments, but disable by default
  • maximum 1 comment a day per user
  • and/or: maximum 10 comments per week or month per user
  • and/or: maximum 2 comments per user per torrent

Huh

11-26-2010, 01:11 AM,
Excellent suggestions. Unfortunately the software does not allow it.

I'm working on a viable solution.
[Image: randquote.png]
11-26-2010, 01:13 AM,
(11-26-2010, 01:10 AM)hank01 Wrote: look it's easy very easy. all you do is give a warning to a commenter if they are out of line and if they fail to abide by site rules ban them for 7 days and i am sure they will get the message and act accordingly in future.

It hasn't worked in the past. I have no faith that it will work in the future.

They keep coming back.
11-26-2010, 02:11 AM,
"maximum 2 comments per user per torrent"

I am totally for that
11-26-2010, 02:55 AM,
I get the impression that concen is imposing censorship from the hidden masters !
11-26-2010, 03:20 AM,
Is this the official thread on the comment ban? If not, please direct me to the correct thread thanks.
"They scare us all with threats of war. So we forget just how bad things are." 'Open Your Eyes' - Lords Of The New Church 1981

11-26-2010, 03:34 AM,
Hammerhead - I agree.
11-26-2010, 04:07 AM,
(11-26-2010, 02:55 AM)HammerHead Wrote: I get the impression that concen is imposing censorship from the hidden masters !

(11-26-2010, 03:34 AM)MasterChiefa Wrote: Hammerhead - I agree.

you guys are both jackasses that need to find a hobby if the lack of comments on the tracker is creating this much of a disruption in your life. I'm sick of this childish bullshit I see all the time in this community where when someone does something that ruffles feathers, its not because they made a mistake, or that they must be high that day, or that they simply made an unpopular decision with more foresight and a broader scope in mind - It automatically becomes that "They work for da man!" And they become targets for all kinds of schizophrenic rationales and personal attacks. It's no wonder serious critics and skeptics aren't taken seriously - most people's first impressions come from coddled man-boys who can't tolerate things being any way but their own.

Seriously, children... Grow the fuck up.

[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
11-26-2010, 04:37 AM,
This is a time when we will be dealing with the trolls and the slightly more intelligent, but not less childish, flamers. Be warned, you know who you are. There is a reason this site exists, and it's not for drama queens, in fighting, bitching or stifling the will of the people who visit this site to learn.

Deal with it, help the community here as a whole, rather than servicing your own selfish interests.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
11-26-2010, 05:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2010, 05:27 AM by hank.)
h3rm35

Quote:most people's first impressions come from coddled man-boys who can't tolerate things being any way but their own.

I have to agree on that one.

may the comments rest in peace. I think i can get used to this hopping from concen to the forum. if you are using a wide-screen monitor have concen tracker on the left part of the screen and the forum on the right lol simple as that. or connect up your old monitor to your graphics-card and you will have each one ready there to go. so it's not all that bad. may the trolls be not with you.

peace to all from the land of the leprechauns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iUPb7y0hgE

11-26-2010, 06:33 AM,
Yeti, I think your banning comments on the uploads was a great idea, if only because many of those comments were far more full of hate and threats than most of the uploads themselves. Thank you!
11-26-2010, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2010, 06:57 AM by Dunamis.)
Plus, now comments for individual torrents won't die those horrible deaths. This has been in the works for some time, MyBB has just changed recently though, so full integrations not an option at the moment. But at least comments can be moved.

For uploaders just create a post in the "Tracker Files You Have Watched: Discussion & Critique" forum subcategory --> http://concen.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=39 and then link to that said forum entry in your torrent description. BOOM, problem solved, a better system than before.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
11-26-2010, 08:32 AM,
So comments have been disabled for hundreds or thousands of users...Because one person didn't like something??

Censorship comes in many forms. A sad day for concen when a site setup to expose things like censorship, censors itself. Sad

Knower of the unknown.
11-26-2010, 08:37 AM,
(11-26-2010, 08:32 AM)EvilMaster Wrote: So comments have been disabled for hundreds or thousands of users...Because one person didn't like something??

Censorship comes in many forms. A sad day for concen when a site setup to expose things like censorship, censors itself.

Hey Einstein, you're here on the forum whining like a little bitch about how we are supposedly censoring you.

[Image: head_up_ass.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please bring back Tracker Comments - POLL theUser 4 720 06-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: JFK
  Trouble creating torrent comments? yeti 4 1,023 04-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Last Post: yeti
  bug regarding "see comments" button Sikkie 2 508 12-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Sikkie
  Anonymous uploader and comments Armilus 2 819 09-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Posting comments Swordfish 7 1,383 09-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Last Post: thokling
  Free Speech Zone? Disabling of Comments? Munchhausen 8 1,561 11-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Dunamis
  Comments? xViKiNGeRx 7 953 05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Last Post: xViKiNGeRx
  A Little More Comments On The Tracker JohnDoe1984 8 1,294 02-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Ognir