Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite movie?
10-25-2010, 06:45 AM,
favorite movie?
What is your favorite movie?
Hard Target is my favorite movie. It is action movie.i like it very much.
10-25-2010, 01:24 PM,
RE: favorite movie?
There's a pretty massive thread about this subject already but we ties in movies (Primarily Hollywood Films), the written word and other cultural consumptions into ConCen themes and topics.

What Books, Movies, Music, Documentaries Best Represent Our Philosophy at ConCen?
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=16522

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
10-25-2010, 06:27 PM,
Linda Lovelace for President
&From all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most&-- Ozzy
10-25-2010, 10:57 PM,
I'm pretty sure the OP is a bot, but I could be wrong.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
10-27-2010, 12:28 AM,
lol hard target, with jean claude, i used to like blood sport when i was about 10 years old Big Grin
10-27-2010, 01:06 AM,
My favourite movie is The Deer Hunter. My current favourite documentary is Gasland.
[Image: randquote.png]
10-27-2010, 03:46 AM,
My absolute favorite movie (series) is The Matrix - can you tell?
Second favorite movie is The Bourne series. Captured my attention from opening scenes to closing credits. Absolutely freakin' amazing.
[Image: nalbkaack.jpg]
10-27-2010, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 07:53 AM by dicktater.)
The Ruling Class. It's a musical. Smile

[Image: MV5BMjE5MTAyMjk4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU4...4,314_.jpg]

A member of the House of Lords dies in a shockingly silly way, leaving his estate to his son. Unfortunately, his son is insane: he thinks he is Jesus Christ. The other somewhat-more respectable members of their family plot to steal the estate from him. Murder and mayhem ensues.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069198/
10-27-2010, 07:50 AM,
I got tons that I love but I always recommend Sunshine by Danny Boyle, don't think enough people saw that one.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM,
Crispin Glover's "What Is It?".
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
10-27-2010, 08:46 PM,
Thanks for sharing and the suggestions y'all

As for my faves from the film industry Hmm... that's a toughie.. depends on my mood.

Spirited Away (2001) was something special.

[Image: g20948_u17679_spirited_away_poster.jpg]
edit: IMDB blocked the hot link

.. and a few others that come to mind:

City of God, Requiem for a Dream, A Clockwork Orange, The Shawshank Redemption, Aliens, Oldboy, Braveheart, Infernal Affairs, Into the Wild, Howl's Moving Castle, Rurouni Kenshin: Reminiscence, Children of Men, Touching the Void, Vanilla Sky, Shaun of the Dead, Almost Famous, Revolver, Serenity, Good Will Hunting, Pink Floyd: The Wall, Lord Of War, Army of Darkness, Green Street Hooligans, American History X, Strange Days, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Warriors, Raging Bull, Fearless, Metropolis, Conan the Barbarian, Fight Club, Ran, Nikita, Waking Life, Sintel, The Shining, Idiocracy, They Live, Gatttaca, Seven Samurai, Ikuru, Hero, Highlander, Slap Shot, Air Guitar Nation, The King of Kong, Harsh Times, Willow, The Basketball Diaries, Predator, Legends of the Fall. 12 Monkeys, The Beach, Girl, Interrupted, Any Given Sunday, The Jerk, Kids, Mr. Bean's Holiday and Monty Python: The Quest for the Holy Grail stand out for me.

Worst Movie Ever: Leonard Pat 6
10-28-2010, 01:50 AM,
I never understood how someone could label their "favorite" film... or song, or band, painting, book, sculpture, or poem...

They all seem to affect me in different ways on different days. Some days, nothing will suffice except listening to "Dark Side of the Moon," and other days the only thing that works for me is watching "The Big Lebowski" and reciting every hilarious line before it's finished... Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
10-28-2010, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2010, 04:21 AM by yeti.)
(10-28-2010, 01:50 AM)h3rm35 Wrote: I never understood how someone could label their "favorite" film... or song, or band, painting, book, sculpture, or poem...

The Deer Hunter is definitely a very painful film - not really a film one can label favourite. The reason I chose it is because when I saw it in the cinema, it had far more affect on me than any film before or since. During the Russian Roulette scene my ass was literally sweating as I squirmed in my seat...

As for Gasland, if you haven't seen it, please do - you'll be blown away...

http://concen.org/tracker/torrents-details.php?id=17896

[Image: randquote.png]
10-28-2010, 04:55 AM,
Yeah gotta give props to The Deer Hunter, it's in a class of its own.

Hollywood is 95% programming, 88% fluff and 99% imitation. However there is the original original and thoughtful gem that surfaces every now and again but those days are waning. On a positive note the movie industry is becoming decentralized with independent film producers leaving their mark with the introduction of production and distribution technology like the internets.

I intentionally left out documentaries and lectures from my not-so-short list. I think there is a thread for that somewhere -- oh yes here they are:

What Books, Movies, Music, Documentaries Best Represent Our Philosophy at ConCen?
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=16522

What Are The Top 20 Documentaries You Would Suggest To People To Watch For Waking Up!
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=19079

How to Spread the Truth
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=34111
10-28-2010, 05:10 PM,
Some favorite movies ...
The Gods Must Be Crazy -- If you like to laugh, this one is a gem ...

Iron and Silk -- Mark Salzman's experiences as an English instructor in post-Cultural Revolution China. Hard to find, but worth the search. How in the world did they film this (on location!) in nineteen days ?? Also a very mature presentation of martial arts training. Get it!

Telefon -- Mind controlled assassins a la The Manchurian Candidate. Directed by Don Siegel who directed the fifties original film of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Charles Bronson as a KGB agent ?? Siegel makes it work! Many consider it Bronson's best acting (seriously!). Like the original Frank Sinatra version of The Manchurian Candidate, this film "holds its own" after three decades. And after three decades, it finally came out on DVD. On better trackers everywhere ...

The Count of Monte Cristo (2004 Hollywood version) -- Some say that Alexander Dumas wrote this story as a parable to illustrate the "long arm" of the Jesuits. Others say that Edmond Dantes out pictures the (esoteric as opposed to conspiratorial) "masonic enlightenment" under terrifically adverse circumstances. A poignant tale of revenge ... and the letting go of your anger to those who wronged you.

Contact -- See it !!

Ben-Hur (1959 version) -- The parallels between Rome and current America are unsettling. Four hours long!! Make lots of popcorn ...

Popcorn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best movie u have seen lately? clouds 116 22,254 08-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  [split] movie RaFTertheONE 7 514 07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: RaFTertheONE
  A Movie I recommend : The East (2013) rockingtheboat 0 226 03-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: rockingtheboat
Bug Movie: Filth 2013, Scotland's Finest CharliePrime 10 804 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Movie: ELYSIUM Orwell63 0 311 07-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Orwell63
  STARBUCK - Movie made in Quebec -Canada Watchdog 0 417 03-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
  Movie with Concen-esque themes. Doomsticks 5 736 01-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  favorite sports? Cameron 8 1,453 02-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: April
  The sheeple can go from docile to dangerous - a clip from the movie Easy Rider Infinite 1 828 05-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Last Post: yeti
  Anyone Remember this show/movie? SacredSleep 9 1,779 09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Last Post: solar