Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I don't normally plug videos, but...
07-02-2010, 08:11 AM,
I don't normally plug videos, but...
... I've decided to in this case.

I'm recommending that everyone download, watch, burn copies and distribute the following video as far and wide as possible:

Gasland (2010)

After viewing it, could I ask you to rate it too?

Thanks in advance...
[Image: randquote.png]
07-02-2010, 08:15 AM,
RE: I don't normally plug videos, but...
Will download this weekend and let you know!!
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall. - Che Guevara

Resistance Films Youtube Channel

TriWooOx Podcast
07-02-2010, 08:59 AM,
I dl'd this a couple nights ago - I'll watch it now.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
07-02-2010, 01:11 PM,
I got less than ten minutes in and was on the brink of tears...
the Delaware River was my whitewater playground...
a bunny slope for the expert, and a challenging experience for the uninitiated, the Delaware taught me so many things about the beauty of nature and the joy of interacting with it... I caught and ate the first eel I ever encountered close up while traversing and trawling its calmer parts on excursions learning the intricacies of riding rapids and leaning upstream when caught broadside upon a rock... my first solo whitewater polling experience, marred by a dislocated elbow, pushed beyond its limits in the shallows before a class 3, happened between its banks. Although it gave me pain, it taught me about the indestructible force that is nature's overwhelming urge to do what it's always done, and follow the course that the real laws have set before its elements and that I was no better than a twig caught in the current when the earth was in control...

I love that river, and I have friends in NY and PA suffering the effects of fracking.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
07-02-2010, 03:27 PM,
What a shame, h3rm35. The freakiest thing about this whole clusterfuck is that it's all happening so fast - the bulk of it since 2005.

Don't forget to vote.
[Image: randquote.png]
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM,
I agree, people need to see this. This film is excellent. Finally watched the whole thing last night. Disturbing would be a supreme understatement. I never knew the total extent of the damages that this type of drilling has caused across the states. And even after watching that, Im sure there are many unknown damages, yet to be discovered. I knew there was drilling and all, and I knew that the chemicals they use are found in water supplies- especially being in the water filter business. But to the extent that they've destroyed the land and streams in some of the most beautiful places in the country, that really caught me off guard. Most americans think this type of shit only happens to other people in other countries. They are comfortable thinking this kind of shit doesnt happen here.
Its disgusting.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
07-02-2010, 04:34 PM,
not in my back yard eh!? until America relinquishes the high need for oild and moves on to other power sources your environment will continue to be affected!!!!

I'll check it out 4 sure....
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
07-03-2010, 03:12 AM,
It was frigging outstanding !! One of the best videos I have ever seen. I could not believe what I was seeing. When they lit the water faucet on fire, my jaw dropped. I didn't rate the video, but I will. This is the kind of stuff you have to see to believe, and nothing will prepare you for the shock and anger. I plan on making a lot of copy's of this and passing it out to everyone I can. I know Con Cen don't condone violence or threats, but I would love to beat the crap out of that frigging leach Cheney . He deserves it.
07-03-2010, 04:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2010, 05:05 PM by ---.)
An extremely strong film. I feel very sorry for the people in the film. it just goes to show, Cheney can even make Nixon look like a lamb.
I hope the film acts as a catalyst to create a moratorium on this evil technique but it doesn't seem likely.
Can't wait for them to start fracking about in Europe. I wonder what the picture on the ground is in Russia.
07-16-2010, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2010, 09:09 AM by scaramanga667.)
I often wondered exactly what those patterns were when looking about the place on google maps, now I know.

Very interesting film, I will pass it around.

eta. Just found out this is going on here in Australia too, I had no idea they're doing it not too far from where I lived up til a year ago.

from http://filtered.sensibleerection.com/entry.php/81055
Quote:The big EXCEPT for Australia, is that they are doing it up in Queensland, in one of THE MOST IMPORTANT AQUIFERS IN THE COUNTRY !

They are doing this in the feeder area of the great artesian basin !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Artesian_Basin

Thereby fucking up the water supply for most of the east coast farming communities

From article

In Queensland, fraccing is likely to be used in areas where permeability of the coal is lower or the geological formation is not conducive to high gas flows.
Since 2000, around 5% of CSG wells drilled in Queensland have been fracced.

Queensland's CSG industry estimates that, in the future, between 10% and 40% of the vertical wells to be drilled to support the liquefied natural gas industry may be fracced.

Although the process they are using in Queensland seems slightly safer than the US way they do it

The chemicals commonly used in fraccing in Queensland are safe when used correctly. The chemicals are not in their purest form and are used in extremely low volumes and concentrations - less than 1% by volume.

The risk to public health at these levels in negligible according to occupational exposure standards published by the commonwealth organisation Safe Work Australia.

BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylenes) organic compounds are not used in Queensland coal seam gas fraccing operations.

http://www.industry.qld.gov.au/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/content.cfm?id=15795

“I'm not from earth. I'm here on a research project. I'm preparing a paper on the psychosomatic ailments of pre-Apocalyptic condominium dwellers.”
-Sappho, Ash Ock

The Mushrooms once said to me "You must have a plan. If you don't have a plan, you will become part of someone else's plan."
-Terence McKenna
07-16-2010, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2010, 09:45 AM by Hans Olo.)
In case you're wondering what this video is about:

"The largest domestic natural gas drilling boom in history has swept across the United States. The Halliburton-developed drilling technology of "fracking" or hydraulic fracturing has unlocked a "Saudia Arabia of natural gas" just beneath us. But is fracking safe? When filmmaker Josh Fox is asked to lease his land for drilling, he embarks on a cross-country odyssey uncovering a trail of secrets, lies and contamination. A recently drilled nearby Pennsylvania town reports that residents are able to light their drinking water on fire. This is just one of the many absurd and astonishing revelations of a new country called GASLAND. Part verite travelogue, part expose, part mystery, part bluegrass banjo meltdown, part showdown."
11-09-2010, 09:34 PM,
There has to be a better way to obtain and utilize natural resources such as natural gas . The practice of fraking is ridiculously destructive and poses a huge risk to human and ecological health.

It's almost like they are choosing to use the worst and most destructive methods to get at the natural gas deposits. Almost like they have set this up as a demon strawman to knock down and garner an adequate amount of consent for their clean energy agenda which is heavily vested in biofuels, wind and solar. There is also the carbon credit system (I didn't get any did you?), massive corporate subsidies (to foreign companies like BP, Shell, Sapphire Energy, Samsung and Nissan), a stock exchange to set up another bubble to game (Chicago Climate Exchange et al.), world regulatory policy and enforcement (for select countries - India and China are exempt) and a global taxation scheme (hence government).

Enough natural gas to powering the entire US for decades would derail or at least put a dent in those plans if it were to intervene in the energy market.

Nonetheless this destruction has to stop. Nearly 7 billion minds on this planet. Any ideas out there on how to get gas out of the ground without using tactics that employ rampant destruction and onerous health risks? Anyone?

Quote:Fracking PA for Halliburton: Exempt from Clean Water Act
By Jesse Freeston and Malak Behrouznami

On the day after the midterm elections, when Republican Tom Corbett won the governorship, the outline of Pennsylvania’s next battleground was clearly drawn. Pittsburgh hosted the largest conference of companies interested in the massive Marcellus Shale gas deposit, thought to hold enough gas to power the entire US for anywhere from two to 30 years. Drilling communities around the country report serious environmental and public health concerns. Pittsburgh itself already has gas development surrounding it, and hundreds marched to the conference to show their objection.

We spoke to Josh Fox, maker of the documentary ‘Gasland’ and opponent of drilling in his rural Pennsylvania community. We also spoke to Leslie Haines, editor-in-chief of Oil & Gas Investor magazine.
http://coto2.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/fracking-pa-for-halliburton-exempt-from-clean-water-act/

Full Transcript of the conversation available on the The Real News Network along with a 15 min. video:
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=5846
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
11-10-2010, 07:36 AM,
Definitely enlightening. I'll give it a 10 and make a copy or two to pass around. A must see. Thanks yeti
12-05-2010, 11:29 PM,
I agree, Gasland is a great doco that everyone should watch.

On a side note, my own personal opinion is that the reason why water is being privatised is because it will be the fuel of the future
10-13-2011, 10:16 AM,
Interviews with Josh Fox on Countdown as well as two with Dylan Ratigan (who treats Josh poorly and twists his words). Also a very deranged counter-advertisement to Fox's "Gasland" by the America's Natural Gas Alliance.

Countdown with Keith Olbermann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45BK-XiJZsg&feature=related

The Dylan Ratigan Show #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpY9Vpt0acg&feature=related

The Dylan Ratigan Show #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiHkFKeKTok&feature=related

A.N.G.A.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1W8MnveFq8&feature=related
" If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video The aftermath of the BP oil disaster -Videos- SiLVa 18 2,890 08-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Last Post: crystal
  Pull plug on motorway lights to save the environment, say experts TriWooOx 0 698 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx