Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just want to say this about BP disaster
06-21-2010, 09:11 PM,
Just want to say this about BP disaster
Well, so much for that peek oil non-sense. There's litereally an ocean of oil floating out there.

oh well....im sure they'l figure out a way to make heeps and heeps of money out of this.
06-21-2010, 09:13 PM,
RE: Just want to say this about BP disaster
re: BP environMental sabotage

unlike the preppy rock band R.E.M. I do not feel "fine" about this
06-21-2010, 11:27 PM,
There's more to this, I have a hunch that just won't quit... Every time I read anything about this I feel it deep in my gut.
there's too many major players involved and too much secrecy and obfuscation revolving around this whole thing. I'm trying to work out the details, but so far Goldam Sachs is deeply involved somehow and haliburton's in the bed too. It's got to be more than passing a cap-and-trade legislation if they're willing to shut down all offshore drilling entirely.

By the way, there are some who'll say that this is type of thing that peek-oil activists warned about... having to look for oil in more difficult and expensive places to retrieve it... peak oil isn't so much about running out of all oil as it is about the inability to produce enough usable substance to satisfy exponential growth in demand without expending more energy than you gain out of the finished product.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
06-22-2010, 04:03 AM,
Agenda 21 and the eco social market economy otherwise known as the NWO
06-22-2010, 04:17 AM,
yeah, but this needs a little bit more of an acute angle to translate the public's interest... I'm looking to preach to the congregation and their friends, rather than the choir.
06-22-2010, 04:19 AM,
http://www.helium.com/items/1864136-how-the-ultimate-bp-gulf-disaster-could-kill-millions

http://johndotyjr.blogspot.com/2010/06/oil-disaster-will-be-end-of-life-as-we.html

perhaps underscored with a pinch of:

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/06/the-rigs-on-fire-i-told-you-this-was-gonna-happen/57775/
06-22-2010, 04:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 04:28 AM by h3rm35.)
maybe the companies inolved found a ready-made already spewing gusher, and decided that they'd inform the government in order to secure "mineral rights" and gain technological capabilities in order to use public research grants by hiring those that have the minds to create reclamation technology...

BP is limited, not unilateral, in what kind of production and refining services it offers...

Maybe BP needed a way to prove itself as the company that can convert an unmittigated spewing of natural resources into the sea into salable product. The Gulf of Mexico is a gigantic lab for them.
06-22-2010, 04:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 04:35 AM by ---.)
http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2008AM/finalprogram/abstract_148893.htm
Quote:.......................Following the rise of sufficient indicators that BP knew about the conditions of its Gulf oil assets prior to the April 20 leak & explosion– and may have allowed the incident to occur, Alex Jones has called for criminal investigations of key figures at BP, inside the White House administration and elsewhere. Why did current CEO of BP Tony Hayward dump approximately one-third of his BP stocks before the oil crisis? Why did Goldman Sachs dump a hefty 44% of its BP stock prior to, particularly given that Peter Sutherland was formerly CEO of both BP and Goldman Sachs at the same time? What are the odds that former Vice-President Dick Cheney’s firm Halliburton would purchase a company which “focuses on oil spill prevention and blowout response,” just weeks before the so-called ‘biggest environmental crisis’ of all time would strike?.......................................

http://mater-readstoomuch.blogspot.com/2010/06/criminal-investigation-of-bp-staged-oil.html
06-22-2010, 04:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 04:42 AM by h3rm35.)
Whoomp...
Quote:If you're like most people you probably have already decided that I am exaggerating without knowing why I am saying this. Well let me make it clear that I also wish I was exaggerating. I don't sell survival equipment or gold. My job is not recession proof. I have a family. I didn't wake up today and randomly decide to declare that this is the end of life as we know it. But I do research. I make calls and tune into radio, scouring the internet for news clips and analysis. I make a concerted effort to only quote trustworthy sources. The information that has emerged over the past few days confirms fears that this is actually an "Armageddon" event. I am being completely serious.
There it is...

lemme hear you say "Whoomp, there it is..."

Come on now,

"Whoomp, there it is..."

Louder!...
tonight you might as well party like it's 1999...
06-22-2010, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 04:39 AM by ---.)
there are a not insignificant amount of munitions dumped down there too
06-22-2010, 04:47 AM,
(06-22-2010, 04:36 AM)nik Wrote: there are a not insignificant amount of munitions dumped down there too

I'd love to see verifiable sources for that!

Not trying to check your understanding, just looking for decent backing material... you've done well so far...
06-22-2010, 04:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 05:00 AM by ---.)
http://www.onepetro.org/mslib/servlet/onepetropreview?id=OTC-19826-MS&soc=OTC
Quote:Drilling for Oil in a Mine Field

First I have news: a Planet Waves investigation has revealed that the entire vicinity of the explosion was a widespread debris field for unexploded ordnance that was dumped as ships were returning to port from various wars. Some 31 million pounds of unexploded ordnance was dumped into oceans and seas, much of it near United States coastlines -- with many such areas in the Gulf of Mexico. While some are indicated on maps, many are not -- and things under open water tend to drift over the years and decades.

Planet Waves
The issue of unexploded ordnance doesn't affect only the Gulf of Mexico -- it is a worldwide problem. Here is a photo of a possible G-Series WWII German ground mine resting in 157 feet of water, adjacent to a pipeline in the North Sea. Photo from Samuel-Herbert PDF.
The U.S. Government's Minerals Management Service (MMS) warned oil companies who leased blocks of land about the hazard, in one document saying, "The U.S. Air Force has released an indeterminable amount of unexploded ordnance throughout Eglin Water Test Areas. The exact location of the unexploded ordnance is unknown, and lessees are advised that all lease blocks included in this sale within these water test areas should be considered potentially hazardous to drilling and platform and pipeline placement."

The issue was the subject of at least one discussion at an oil industry Offshore Technology Conference held three years ago last week. Lynn Samuel and John Herbert presented a talk on imaging systems that are used to identify where the unexploded bombs and torpedoes are located. In their paper, they wrote, "Two of the latest directives from the Minerals Management Service indicate a growing concern about Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) located in close proximity to deepwater exploration and development sites within the Gulf of Mexico."

The authors explain the history: "From 1946 through 1970, military ordnance was dumped in the Gulf of Mexico by the U.S. armed forces, and it was the primary disposal site for the excess munitions originating from a number of large ordnance houses in the Southeastern United States. That ordnance included, but was not limited to, projectiles, bombs and chemical ordnance.

"As [the oil] industry continues to progress into deeper and deeper water, it will continue to encounter the world's munitions dumping grounds, charted and uncharted. Because records were poorly kept and navigation was not as precise as it is today, ordnance has and will be encountered outside known munitions dumping grounds. Many of these munitions may be either armed or in such an unstable condition that a minor influence could detonate them." Notably, the authors say that dumping was banned in the mid-Sixties, but it continued for six more years until 1970. The implication is that those old bombs could be anywhere, because after the ban it's unlikely that any rules were followed, or that any records were kept.

http://planetwavesweekly.com/resources/bp-oil-spill-unexploded-ordnance.html
http://planetwaves.net/pdf/samuel-herbert.pdf
06-22-2010, 05:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 05:06 AM by h3rm35.)
you've got to be fucking kidding me...
I knew correxet had ties to the military, but that kind of tie to the MIC is just insane...

I knew the military (Pentagon, to be specific,) had eyes on the Gulf coast... It was the Army Corps of engineers that ignored the NO levee system, but I didn't even conceive of corroding and rusting stockpiles of munitions at the bottom of the gulf as has been suggested...

why do I feel like this a building seven situation in which the BBC, etc learned their lesson on reporting things too early? They shined bright lights on floors and floors of internal secretive info that should only be reported through the filters of fascist ties between the lame-duck government of the US, and the companies that depend on it's trivial legal system to keep them "legitimately separate" from their pets in "elected" positions...

fuck!!!!
06-22-2010, 06:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 06:15 AM by ---.)
i am just posting this link up as incase some guests who might still doubt it was an intentionally conceived and orchestrated sabotage, even after knowledge of the trading conducted prior to the explosion, stumble onto the thread while following their scroogle search results:

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/06/the-rigs-on-fire-i-told-you-this-was-gonna-happen/57775/
06-23-2010, 06:17 AM,
you know.. there comes a point when i just say .... OK guys (BP-NWO) youve won. Bravo and good show ole fella. It seems like you've got this world pretty much wrapped up and im getting old and tired. Now,

Just finish it for God's sake. Get it over with.

You know like in one of those scenes in a movie where the guy has to pull the trigger on his wounded partener...

I love you all and i enjoy your spirit but they got nukes, poison oceans and space city deathray time machine pedophile clubs. I can't compete with that. I just can't...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On Top of Humanitarian Disaster, A News Blackout mothandrust 1 429 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Last Post: NickHedge
  Disaster! waxzy 4 581 08-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Calculon