Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was a little gobsmacked to see this! :D
05-06-2009, 05:10 AM,
http://www.performance-car-guide.co.uk is a car enthusiast site, by and for the enthusiast
I'd never heard of it in my life but I stumbled across it while searching for information on
an upcoming body-off chassis restoration I need to do to my TVR car. Long story short,
my search led to me to their pages on TVR "wedges", an affectionate nickname for my model
of TVR. The website shows pictures of the various incarnations of "wedges" that were
made from 1979 to 1991. There were various incarnations of the wedge, but for the "390se"
they chose to feature mine. :) On their site are 3 nice photos of my car, 2 from Stanley park in
Calgary at an all European car show, the other at an all British car show in Vancouver.

I have no photos from those two days, only memories, so stumbling across these pics is really cool,
and to see it as the featured example on a performance site is even cooler.:D
http://www.performance-car-guide.co.uk/tvr-wedge.html

[Image: L-TVR-1987-390SE-Wedge.jpg]

[Image: L-TVR-1987-390SE-Wedge-3.jpg]

[Image: L-TVR-1987-390SE-Wedge-2.jpg]
05-06-2009, 05:17 AM,
You must have been stoked to find that. cool.
05-06-2009, 05:30 AM,
Quote:You must have been stoked to find that.

Totally. :) It's like I felt my car was on the cover of Rolling Stone...LOL I'm well chuffed.
05-06-2009, 05:32 AM,
Good stuff:D
05-06-2009, 06:32 AM,
Nice
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM,
test test.. hm can reply to this topic. hm.
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM,
I remember when you went to those shows.... or at least one of them! Still sucks that i wasn't able to meet you there!
Good for you though mike. that is pretty sweet!
05-06-2009, 10:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2009, 10:06 PM by drummer.)
Quote:Totally.:)It's like I felt my car was on the cover of Rolling Stone...LOL I'm well chuffed.

its probably on the fbi most wanted list now;)

nice car
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
05-08-2009, 06:00 AM,
That car is so EXOTIC (WEIRD). I'ts like I look at it and its like so weirdo man. Did you dig the TVR in Swordfish the movie.

[Image: SwordFishCar1.jpg]
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM,
Quote:That car is so EXOTIC (WEIRD). I'ts like I look at it and its like so weirdo man. Did you dig the TVR in Swordfish the movie.

[Image: SwordFishCar1.jpg]

I like the Tuscan's sound and performance more than it looks. It's too "jelly bean" for me.

I agree, the wedge looks weird, but those looks are really "in your face". Even when parked
it looks like it's picking a fight.:)