Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book of Eli (Recent Movie)
06-13-2010, 04:38 PM,
Book of Eli (Recent Movie)
Just watched it ... has anyone here? what was your thoughts, like the concept, but ending is bit cheese.

think such a book roast could ever come to pass?
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
06-14-2010, 10:59 AM,
RE: Book of Eli (Recent Movie)
I liked it. The ending was kinda Barf

It didn't seem like they ever explained what the whole "show us your fingernails" part was about, maybe it was a sub theme in the film that they decided to axe.
06-14-2010, 07:24 PM,
Meh...

moral of the story: Make sure you have your favorite sunglasses ready before SHTF, so you can be super stylish for the aftermath. LOL

sorry... couldn't resist.
06-14-2010, 07:38 PM,
Got the movie at weekend so will watch it this week Smile!!
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall. - Che Guevara

Resistance Films Youtube Channel

TriWooOx Podcast
06-14-2010, 07:58 PM,
Sure book burning could happen again especially with authoritarian lovers that want to tell others how to live their lives always desiring positions of power. However, the plot of this move was about as unrealistic as they come. Pretty lame overall.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
06-14-2010, 11:07 PM,
I thought it was a beautiful film. Liked the lack of conclusions.
06-15-2010, 12:13 AM,
I thought it was pure horseshit.

Trust me, an encyclopedia brittanica would be more useful in that situation then a fucking bible.

What a joke.
06-15-2010, 01:19 AM,
all very amusing answers i thought his being blind was a bit much... and agreed a bible.... but was curious to hear some other opinions.

i have seen other movies up here and taken the reference so meh... but it does give a kind of view how three or four gens later will fair if things didn't go well suddenly, small pockets of humans banded together , drifters, fear of the drifter, and a over all lack of trust, not sure how he would have really had the ipod working after so long, and if blind would he not use his sound to walk and hear enemies...

had a few good fight scenes, and my truck all buffed up i got an 80's suburban also Icon_biggrin
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
06-15-2010, 12:18 PM,
The movie sucked...
The fingernail thing had to do with cannibalism... I'm not sure if its true or not that eating people fucks up your fingernails, but that's what they were talking about.

This is another one of those missionary films, like "legion" promoting christianity... about as exciting as the missionary position.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
06-15-2010, 04:23 PM,
i've never heard that before.. about fingernails.. bizarre... can't believe it's true

i liked the washed out colours of the film
07-06-2010, 10:37 PM,
Mila is cute Heart and I liked the Sixth-sense-kinda Ftw ending.
07-06-2010, 11:15 PM,
"The Road" was much better, IMO, came out around the same time, and was much more realistic. It also had a really great ending that left you wondering. Four out of five stars, IMO.
07-07-2010, 12:16 AM,
It was a bit boring in parts I thought, mostly the beginning, middle, and end. Maybe the meaning though is that as predicted it will be one religion, one not already here now. One common belief created and that the victors control what a man knows or reads. Notice the bad guy collects books while most others can't read? Those without books are shown to be ignorant animals, smart enough to carry out orders yet too stupid to question authority.

Also the legion wasn't promoting Christianity rather making fun of it. Just because you have an angel in a movie and pick out some Biblical names doesn't make it Christian. Personally I thought it was blaspheming.
07-07-2010, 12:29 AM,
Quote:Also the legion wasn't promoting Christianity rather making fun of it. Just because you have an angel in a movie and pick out some Biblical names doesn't make it Christian. Personally I thought it was blaspheming.

I can see your point, but it's kind of like the "left behind" video games - They are evangelical in the sense that they claim to be, using story lines "inspired" by Christianity, while promoting disgusting actions and agendas.

I have respect for people who actually follow the "teachings of Christ," but when a religion is used to promote disgusting agendas, say, for instance, bombing civilians and using depleted uranium and white phosphorus shells while calling these actions a crusade, I take issue. Any time religion is used as a means to promote violence and war, my stomach turns, especially when used as a recruiting tool on people who would otherwise be peaceful if left to their own devices.
07-07-2010, 04:03 AM,
Totally agreed. Christianity is used by evil people to do evil things with... then again, that is pretty much all religions, Christianity just seem to be the target on TPTB. What better way to deface and defile a religion than to corrupt from within and broadcast it. It is kind of like when a disaster hits they find the dumbest person for the TV interview only this time, the worst. Unfortunately people are "Willingly Ignorant" and follow such people while the other part judge the group based on those people. If I had have went to church all my life I would be one of those who damns the whole lot based upon the ones in the limelight.

I actually didn't know there was a Left Behind video game, lol. I really need to get out more. If it is like the movie it probably isn't all that good. True Christians don't necessarily turn the other cheek, they just don't look to intentionally bitch slap everybody. Ones like Bush or probably 80-90% of the churches, IMHO, don't preach Christianity rather Dogma and what some guy thinks He meant. Interpretation has destroyed many people these days and caused hatred where Christ taught love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Motion The Movie vagabonder 1 324 05-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: mexika
  A Virus Called Fear - Documentary Short Movie vagabonder 3 356 04-10-2014, 04:08 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
Bug Satanist Col. Aquino interview promoting his new book PsyWar CharliePrime 4 790 03-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Anyone remember the name of this Movie???? charlieweird 4 530 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Krise
  The Book of Aquarius Solve et Coagula 0 421 07-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  My new lulu book: Deep Disharmony drew hempel 2 939 05-21-2010, 02:21 AM
Last Post: drew hempel
  Natural Resonance Revolution Book drew hempel 0 666 01-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Last Post: drew hempel
  Spirituality » The Book of Positive Aspects ~ An Abraham Process Erik 0 565 08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Erik
  Illuminati Movie: 90-min.-TV-Spot for the Vatican/RCC Solve et Coagula 4 1,264 05-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Another people of the book mastermg 6 1,128 05-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Last Post: mastermg