05-30-2010, 12:28 AM,
Approaching space object 'artificial, not asteroid' says NASA
[Image: neo_spacecraft.jpg]
Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/28/object_2010_kq/
Approaching space object 'artificial, not asteroid' says NASA

Too small for a proper mothership at ~10m, though

By Lewis Page

Posted in Space, 28th May 2010 10:47 GMT

NASA boffins report that an unknown object approaching the Earth from deep space is almost certainly artificial in origin rather than being an asteroid.
NASA JPL graphic depicting the 2010 visit of object 2010 KQ.

Not actually an asteroid, according to NASA, but artificial.

Object 2010 KQ was detected by the Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona earlier this month, and subsequently tracked by NASA's asteroid-watching service, the Near-Earth Object Program headquartered at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.

According to the NASA experts:

Observations by astronomer S J Bus, using the NASA-sponsored Infrared Telescope Facility in Mauna Kea, Hawaii, indicate that 2010 KQ's spectral characteristics do not match any of the known asteroid types, and the object's absolute magnitude (28.9) suggests it is only a few meters in size.

The mysterious artificial object has apparently made a close pass by the Earth, coming in almost to the distance of the Moon's orbit, and is now headed away again into the interplanetary void. The object has used no propulsion during the time NASA has had it under observation. However the spacewatch boffins believe that it must have moved under its own power at some point, given its position and velocity.

"The orbit of this object is very similar to that of the Earth, and one would not expect a [naturally occurring] object to remain in this type of orbit for very long," said Paul Chodas, a brainbox at JPL.

The experts believe that the object must be a spacecraft, or more accurately part of one - sadly not an alien visitor, though. Rather it's likely to be a booster stage from an interplanetary mission of the past, now drifting back in to Earth and out again. The next visit will probably be 2036, at which time there's a small chance that 2010 KQ will crash into the atmosphere and burn up.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
05-30-2010, 01:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2010, 01:33 AM by ---.)
RE: Approaching space object 'artificial, not asteroid' says NASA
is that a posh way of saying the aliens are now about to appear on the stage?
wow, whatif is is some space wreck from the earth ...but from the future!!!
i guess if it is moving under it's own power that would suggest it active

is it all lies from nazi nasa? i liked this news even though it isn't necessarily good at all
i likedit just for the confrmation that the world is indeed off kilter and increasingly so .
i hope they are not big spiders anyhow
ah ok. fly by. nasa prepping people for weirder and werider stuff or just reporting though? question.. what do youthink?
05-30-2010, 04:09 AM,
could be an anunamaki probe, they will be in launch and visual range in the next year a bit of recon would be wise and expected from superior beings...

... if it's our own space garbage how is it they can't look at it up close and look for markings?...

btw don't think it's really a probe but would be very cool if it was. recently read about a ship being built over in europe to launch off with a crazy payload, was always of mindset we should be seeding near miss asteroids with equipment maybe they will start this as we have been upgrading our solar satalities drastically over past 2years.
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
05-30-2010, 11:23 AM,
Quote:the spacewatch boffins believe that it must have moved under its own power at some point, given its position and velocity.

Measurements have been off lately notably on the Voyager probes not being where they predicted by NASA. I forget if they were closer or further from Earth than expected.

This leads to the following possibilities:

* They were pushed or pulled by gravity
* They were pushed or pulled by something other than gravity
* Gravity doesn't exist or behave as we think it does
* The speed of light is not a constant or was slowed by something in the way of the objects light is used to measure distance or is it radio blips, in that case something sped / slowed that measurement
* They are lying
* Computer glitch
* Fold in space/time for either the probes or Earth or somewhere between

Point that may be of note. I noticed the weekly status report on NASA has not been updated since April 4th. Pages are autoupdated and regenerated so I couldn't timestamp them. Archive.org was useless, don't bother. Google cache only allowed a look back to May 24th.

Voyager Mission Operations Status Report
http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/weekly-reports/index.htm

NASA officially said it was a glitch
http://news.discovery.com/space/nasa-finds-cause-of-voyager-glitch.html

and then there is the alien angle we have seen so much of lately across the MSM
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/291951
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
06-03-2010, 05:08 AM,
Spacecraft
07-12-2010, 11:29 PM,
I call bullshit on the speculation that it's one of our old pieces of junk floating about, they know damned well where every speck of our old kit is.

“I'm not from earth. I'm here on a research project. I'm preparing a paper on the psychosomatic ailments of pre-Apocalyptic condominium dwellers.”
-Sappho, Ash Ock

The Mushrooms once said to me "You must have a plan. If you don't have a plan, you will become part of someone else's plan."
-Terence McKenna
07-18-2010, 04:13 PM,
ohhh aint that sweet? Nasa is being nice this time and "honest"

may i ask how nasa depicted or guesed the course of the object from march to october?? or did i miss something in the thread?

I Was Born in a War & I Shall Die in a War

A Thug i am & A Thug Till am Gone
07-30-2010, 08:55 AM,
Strange stuff this reminds me of the movie the day the earth stood still.. only that the craft passed and didnt land. It was maybe a probe.. next up is the fleet with the mothership. Big Grin
07-30-2010, 09:36 AM,
Still no update on the NASA mission status report.

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/weekly-reports/index.htm

Last one was 05-14-2010.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Video of UFO Docked at Space Station Last Month CharliePrime 0 372 02-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  The UFO-shaped object found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea TriWooOx 11 2,128 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Unidentified Foamy Object operatorkos 6 1,332 05-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Last Post: operatorkos
  Nov 23rd 2010, Youngstown, Ohio - Unidentified Flying Object FastTadpole 4 1,693 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
  UFO "CIGAR SHAPED" LOCATED IN NASA HD STILL redmartx5 1 749 02-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
Video What's this Mysterious Object Near Mercury FastTadpole 3 1,063 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  ufo seen over nasa last launch redmartx5 0 527 05-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Last Post: redmartx5
  NASA Administrator on UFOs and alien life : "rewrite textbooks" soon pinkfloyd 1 971 03-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Post: rsol
  NASA Scientist Finds Alien Fossils springhawk 0 594 03-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Last Post: springhawk
  3 Very Large Objects In Space Flying To Earth drummer 6 2,276 12-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Krise