Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walnut Nutrition Facts
05-10-2010, 08:42 PM,
Walnut Nutrition Facts
If you're concerned about nutrition and want to find easy ways to be healthier, one of the best things you could do is eat nuts because they're loaded with vitamins and minerals. They're easy to take with you wherever you go (On a trip, to work, to school, etc.) because they do not need to be prepared or washed. You just put them in a little bag and off you go. Nuts are super healthy!

My favorite out of all the nuts is walnuts and, thankfully, they're one of the healthiest nuts. I put together an info sheet with all of the walnut nutrition facts. It includes a list of all the vitamins and minerals found in a single 115 gram serving of walnuts and why those vitamins and minerals are important for your health (beside each vitamin and mineral is the % recommended daily intake):

Vitamin C: 3%. Vitamin C helps to repair wounds and maintain bones, teeth, and cartilage. It is also an important antioxidant.

Vitamin E: 4%. Vitamin E helps to prevent chronic diseases, is an antioxidant, and is involved in immune function.

Vitamin K: 4%. Vitamin K controls blood clotting and is also helps bone formation and repair.

Vitamin B1: 27%. Vitamin B1 helps convert carbs into energy. It is also important for the functioning of the heart, muscles, and nervous system.

Vitamin B2: 10%. Vitamin B2 is important for red blood cell production.
05-11-2010, 05:26 AM,
RE: Walnut Nutrition Facts
Sorry to reply to a spam message, but I cannot let this misinformation stand uncorrected!

Walnuts are not a very big part of Alex Libman's "Tax Resister Diet", because they're an over-hyped cash crop that happens to be significantly overpriced right now.

Compare the main nutritional qualities of walnuts to sunflower seeds, for example: the latter have less fat, more protein, more zinc, more B6 (a very important but often overlooked nutrient for men's health), almost twice as much iron, 3x more phosphorus, and FIFTY TIMES more vitamin E! Sunflower seeds are also eaten more slowly, which improves digestion and controls appetite better, and they cost about 5x less than walnuts per pound!
05-11-2010, 12:41 PM,
And don't buy the cheap 2 for 1 dollar ones either, those have way too much salt.
05-12-2010, 03:07 AM,
(05-11-2010, 12:41 PM)Nokturnal Wrote: And don't buy the cheap 2 for 1 dollar ones either, those have way too much salt.

I'm also finding most of the cheap sunflower seeds have MSG. You're best off getting unsalted and seasoning them to your own taste.
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vitamins, Weight Loss & Healthy Nutrition jackfreex 0 573 05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Last Post: jackfreex
  Who's Lying? A Simple Tale Of Unbiased Global Warming Facts 0 645 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: