• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Company Makes Any Plant Produce THC and The Tomatoes are Especially Yummy
04-15-2010, 01:34 PM,
Company Makes Any Plant Produce THC and The Tomatoes are Especially Yummy
This came out last summer, any updates?

Quote:Company makes any plant produce THC and the tomatoes are especially yummy
By The Crit
June 1, 2009

Oakdale, CA: Scientists at Montsaint Genie Tech Inc. announced today that they have successfully transferred the gene segment that produces the psychotropic chemical THC in cannabis plants to many other common garden plants, including tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, and more.

“We probably can put the THC segment into almost any plant in existence,” says lead scientist Rebeca Vale. “It’s a very simple process. We are starting work on oak and maple trees now.”

Asked if the resulting plants could be used in ways similar to cannabis, Vale replied, “Well, you can’t make twine out of a tomato plant, but if someone were to dry it and smoke it, all of the medicinal and psychotropic effects of marijuana would be present. And what’s more, we have learned that tomatoes, in particular, actually produce more THC than cannabis itself.”

But is it legal? “Actually, yes,” says Vale. “Our research qualifies as GMO ‘intellectual property’, as does the process itself. Since tomatoes and other plants are not illegal, a person would be well within the law to grow them and use them as they please.”

Vale says that her company is working on a spray that will transfer the segment to many plants simply by spraying the leaves of seedlings.

“It’s a very simple process,” she says. “Anyone can do it. We plan to start selling the spray – ‘Genie Mist’ – in a matter of weeks. One bottle will sell for five dollars and be capable of treating 6,000 seedlings.”

But how do the tomatoes taste? “Scrumptious,” Vale says. “But, of course, they are best when roasted.”
http://thecrit.com/2009/06/03/company-makes-any-plant-produce-thc-and-the-tomatoes-are-especially-yummy/

oh btw -- hoax
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
04-15-2010, 03:50 PM,
RE: Company Makes Any Plant Produce THC and The Tomatoes are Especially Yummy
Had me going there for... actually you didn't get me at all. As soon as I read the headline, I was looking for the date of publication...
[Image: randquote.png]
04-15-2010, 03:59 PM,
smoke some bud bud
04-16-2010, 01:40 AM,
the spray on part is what gave it away.... one needs to tamper with the plan on a genetic level, but tomatos and pot r very close in there genetics, i have "been told" if you can grow killer tomatoes you can grow killer buds, and they clone the same way so practicing on the one builds skills to produce the other...

were one to some how splice the two plants and create a hybrid then maybe, but would you not just have to eat the fruit... has no one never havs magic brownies?Eatdrink007
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
04-16-2010, 02:43 AM,
Quote:Had me going there for... actually you didn't get me at all.
Aw shucks, I was hoping to get retribution for that "I am leaving concen and handing the reins over to our new admins joeblow, raymandura et al." on April 1st - I can't believe I swallowed that one ;/
04-16-2010, 03:30 AM,
(04-16-2010, 01:40 AM)Deathanyl Wrote: tomatos and pot r very close in there genetics,

That would be hops, actually. You can splice pot right onto hop plants.
04-16-2010, 03:33 AM,
(04-16-2010, 02:43 AM)FastTadpole Wrote: I was hoping to get retribution for that "I am leaving concen and handing the reins over to our new admins joeblow, raymandura et al." on April 1st - I can't believe I swallowed that one ;/

You had good company. I think a few threw hissy fits, left, and haven't come back!
04-16-2010, 06:22 AM,
Haha this had me
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
04-16-2010, 06:29 AM,
Finally someone that can admit it
04-16-2010, 06:48 AM,
It was a rehash of this article: http://thecrit.com/2008/10/05/florida-biochemist-designs-a-citrus-tree-with-thc/ which was out a year before the tomato story.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
04-16-2010, 07:02 AM,
but if one grafts a pot branch to hops the psychoactive properties of the pot branch don't transfer to the hops plant, they say

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Media Murder of the Wonder Plant Defendfreedom 0 538 01-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Last Post: Defendfreedom
  $50bil makes just chasing dopers an industry the same size as the movie business h3rm35 0 566 03-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Hemp for America! Farmers plant hemp seeds on DEA's front lawn Easy Skanking 3 1,086 03-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  DEA Makes First Federal Medical Marijuana Raids Under Obama Administration Easy Skanking 4 1,163 02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Last Post: ---
  Cop Steals Weed, Makes Brownies, Calls 9/11 - I Think We're Dead waxzy 3 996 06-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Last Post: byrd
  Rhode Island: Legislature Makes One-year-old Medical Cannabis Law Permanent Easy Skanking 0 561 06-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Mexico Troops Find Hybrid Marijuana Plant waxzy 8 1,704 01-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking