Poll: How bad is this for the United States of America?
Bad? It's fantastic!
I'd say it's kind of an improvement
Over all, not too bad
Bad
Catastrophically bad
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObamaCare passes House of Representatives
03-22-2010, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2011, 01:18 AM by TrygveNL.)
Exclamation  ObamaCare passes House of Representatives
US healthcare plans voted through as Barack Obama wins quest to reform coverage

Mar 22 2010

A CENTURY-OLD battle for near-universal health coverage in America has effectively ended after US politicians agreed to accept President Barack Obama's healthcare reform bill.

The House of Representatives voted the landmark legislation through by 219 votes to 212 - a move that will extend healthcare coverage to 32 million Americans without it and crack down on insurance company abuses.

It caps a year-long quest by President Obama and the Democrats to overhaul the country's health system and reshape a sector that represents one sixth of the giant US economy.

President Obama - who is expected to sign the Bill later - said afterwards that the vote proved "we can still tackle big things".

He added:
Quote:"We proved that this government - a government of the people and by the people - still works for the people."

The rest of the article can be read here.

So the health care reform is official - what happens next?
03-23-2010, 02:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2010, 03:08 AM by yeti.)
RE: ObamaCare passes House of Representatives
I edited your poll for you. You could have done it yourself by clicking on the "edit poll" link. PM me if you have a problem with my edits...
[Image: randquote.png]
03-23-2010, 08:34 AM,
Catastrophic. Nothing good will come from that bill.
03-23-2010, 03:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2010, 04:57 PM by SiLVa.)
Interestingly, its to be signed today. 3/22...reminds me of Skull & Bones...symbol of death...get the picture?

Edit-- today is actually 3/23 so its not as significant as I thought, but still not a good thing, imo.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
03-23-2010, 04:30 PM,
(03-23-2010, 08:34 AM)Hans Olo Wrote: Catastrophic. Nothing good will come from that bill.

perhaps a new name
welcome to - The Democratic People's Republic of America

SiLVa Wrote:Interestingly, its to be signed today. 3/22...reminds me of Skull & Bones...symbol of death...get the picture?
that is interesting

&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
03-24-2010, 09:34 AM,
It's not a Republic if a majority of congressmen can vote your liberties away. But I get your parallel here Smile
03-24-2010, 08:12 PM,
It's bad, but pretty much all legislation is bad nowadays. People saying it's the end of the country is hyperbolic and neglects the point that the country has been broken for a long time. "All and all, it's just another brick in the wall."
03-25-2010, 01:38 AM,
wonder how many places will start doing this now -

Quote:The latest hidden mandatory add-on is a "health" charge added to restaurant bills. As far as I know, this scam cropped up first in San Francisco, but you can count on it to spread.

The rationale for this one is to cover the employers' mandatory contribution to the City's "Healthy San Francisco" health-coverage system. The charge actually is levied on employers, but at least some restaurants are adding a few dollars or percentage points to each customer's bill to cover this charge.

The restaurants' excuse for assessing this charge separately is to let customers know how much they're paying for employees' health coverage. That's the same excuse hotels use when they add "resort" or "housekeeping" fees to unsuspecting guests' room bills. It's the same excuse airlines would use to exclude fuel surcharges from their advertised fares if the Department of Transportation would allow them. And it's sheer nonsense. Employees' health insurance is no less of a cost of doing business than rent, property taxes, food costs, security services and all the other inputs businesses require to operate. To single out health care for a separate surcharge is unwarranted.

~ chicagotribune.com/travel/family/ct-trav-0228-health-charge-20100226,0,6658174.story

&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
03-25-2010, 04:58 AM,
I am hopeful that good may come from this. They are taking a huge leap by forcing this now when so many people are opposed to it. It could just set off the spark that is needed to kick the bastards out of here and take the country back.
“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.”
Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama Taxed Ameicans to fund ObamaCare mexika 0 434 09-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: mexika
  Obamacare call center employees not offered health care benefits mexika 0 271 07-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Last Post: mexika
  Obamacare Myths vs. Reality yeti 0 465 06-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Last Post: yeti
  ''House of Horrors' abortion clinic drummer 0 886 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: drummer
  House Passes HR 2749! FOOD FASCISM Bill to Senate Next hilly7 1 775 09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Huge Giveaways In White House Deal With Big Pharma hilly7 2 646 09-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  House Approves Giving FDA More Powers hilly7 1 485 08-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Disease pandemic 'inevitable' in Britain warns House of Lords TriWooOx 0 591 07-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx