Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts and observations about ConCen
03-16-2010, 09:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2010, 09:32 PM by WatchMind.)
Lightbulb  Thoughts and observations about ConCen
I’ll start this off with my experience of this tracker/site so far (I’ll try to keep this quick). Like many of you, I am interested in researching and knowing who/what’s behind it all, why/when it happens, expanding awareness and knowledge, etc. What I found on this site is a great wealth of conspiracy and other related/unrelated information and I’m thankful for it and very appreciative to those who contribute and share the information. And I would like it to stay this way and I’m reasonably sure other members think so too.
-
I have observed as I’m sure many of you have, some people who are negative towards other people’s views/opinions and/or upload contents. I have been on many trackers, sites, and forums and see this repeated and I think this is an unacceptable behavior and should not be tolerated by the members of this site.

To those people who are negative (you know who are), if you have something negative to express and/or just disagree, then structure an argument/debate with as many facts/references/experiences you could gather in a logical/reasonable way. This should give you time to calm down and think about it (try to put yourself in their position) and what you’re doing to yourself and others. Then make your argument/debate against the view and/or content, NOT the person/people. Note: The defending person may just be distributing the content and they may not agree with it themselves. Don’t assume and don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

With facts/references/experiences, other people could TRY to figure out why you think the way you do. Doing otherwise (such as just saying your wrong, etc… or other colorful language) you may be considered a TROLL / Jerk / Fool / Misled or just uninformed and you’ll be treated accordingly. Be respectful and kind and others will do the same.
-
Now, from what I read on this site, some time ago, there was tight restrictions on the type/content of uploads/comments that would be allowed. Times change, and the policy/restrictions seems be different. Currently, the SysOps, Admins and Mods seem to be smart, helpful, and lenient and cool (as well as many members) about it. So we could count our LUCKY stars (again) and make sure it stays this way. Note: Remember that it’s a privilege to be a member and not to take it for granted.

We should note that this is a tracker with a conspiracy theme. The content available seems to be a spread of: conspiracy, survival/defense, reference/educational, body/mind/drugs, spiritual/new-age, religion/government, fiction/non-fiction and talk/propaganda. [Suggestion: adding these types of tags to the category option when uploading. This would better assist in picking/sorting through the torrents]

Now, I think all these subjects are very relevant to each other in some ways and are required to have an understanding about conspiracies as a whole as well as many other things in life. So, when deciding what to share, remember the THEME of the site and use your common sense, intelligence and experience. If you need assistant with this, ask, there are people ready and willing to help. Also remember, there are other trackers and sites which have themes of their own and may be better suited for the information.

Thanks for your time and patience, - WatchMind
03-17-2010, 08:53 AM,
RE: Thoughts and observations about ConCen
Agreed.
03-17-2010, 01:12 PM,
I think there should be a better organization maybe tags or something like a wiki structure for the forum and definitely something to organize the tracker by topic and search structure in place to find relevant and related articles. That could prove useful when researching a topic in general. I hear something new is pending. Yeti had mentioned it at times. The conversion of the board was a first step in achieving this.

I agree with the online collaboration of information and when people are at odds with eachothers ideas maybe they can seek to back up their arguments with facts rather than resort to personal attacks and emotional arguments.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
03-18-2010, 03:35 AM,
Thanks for the support.

Some people are new to the scene and may just need a reminder of what type of behavior will be tolerated/acceptable. Some are not, and will be dealt with accordingly by the community and it's members.

Well, 'Time will Tell'...
03-18-2010, 04:05 AM,
I totally agree that content organization would make much more sense than file type organization on the tracker.

On the other point, I enjoy being belligerent once an a while but by all means call me out for being a trolling asshole when I do.
03-18-2010, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2010, 06:22 AM by ---.)
(03-17-2010, 01:12 PM)FastTadpole Wrote: I think there should be a better organization maybe tags or something like a wiki structure for the forum and definitely something to organize the tracker by topic and search structure in place to find relevant and related articles. That could prove useful when researching a topic in general. I hear something new is pending. Yeti had mentioned it at times. The conversion of the board was a first step in achieving this.

I agree with the online collaboration of information and when people are at odds with eachothers ideas maybe they can seek to back up their arguments with facts rather than resort to personal attacks and emotional arguments.

yes, but he needs someone who walks the walk for real and not just talks the talk for cred in terms of lightening his workload in the engine room JMO yes, yeti wants to provide a wiki format
Excellent post, Watchmind. Very reasonable but in defence of some of the verbal that bounces around on the tracker comments threads - one has to be ready to expect that when disparate and contentious views passionately held are brought to the fore in one space...I look at it as a sign of vitality not rot - everytime the staff have attempted to enforce a vision in regards to this issue it results in either breakaway sites with a bitch/grudge (somewhat smoothened now) or almost tearing this one asunder and I am sure none of us want that apart from possibly the founder when he is having a bad day,who was ousted in a coup because he wanted the site to become http://www.nsdap.org unfortunately.

I applaud you for the cogent input!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Why is CONCEN so Dead ? CharliePrime 19 1,696 04-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: rockingtheboat
  Is ConCen down right now? stiffy 0 270 04-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Last Post: stiffy
  HTTPS On Concen.org??? NetEffect 2 963 10-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Racism @ ConCen flamesong 14 1,657 11-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Swordfish
  concen will no longer talk to my win2k browser :-( 1martian 3 790 10-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Last Post: 1martian
  ConCen Wiki a monumental yawn! yeti 18 4,139 05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  To save money, why not make Concen a Magnet link-only site like The Pirate Bay? Halcyon 1 622 01-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Last Post: thokling
  ConCen is in a financial crisis - again? Loke 24 3,339 01-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Last Post: yeti
  BitCoin: Do you use it? Would you if ConCen did? yeti 4 924 07-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  ConCen money bum! yeti 77 11,342 07-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Dunamis