Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey Mothandrust - are you there??
02-18-2010, 05:07 AM,
Hey Mothandrust - are you there??
Hey Jack!

i only just saw that email to the yahoo addy just now bro - i have gotten really slack jack with that account since I got my sparkly new concen one!!

i am sorry about that dude - i am still going to read your final draft of "Psychosis goes Shopping" for sure. I'll save my feedback for you until next time we see us about Smile

considering the date you said you were leaving i am assuming you may already have pitched tent by now - if so, all the very best and hopefully you might see this when you find a sat link one day for a go on the interweb.

take care fellow. have a good one, you know there are many people here who wish you well .
02-18-2010, 07:42 AM,
RE: Hey Mothandrust - are you there??
Wavey hey Jack Beer

...............................................................................................
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
02-18-2010, 05:06 PM,
hey guys, yeah, still around for a short while - and will certainly do a post before leaving - had a few additional probs, not least my passport was to run out in may and my mate in Nairobi thought it might be a prob. but now got a new one, chipped, but what the hell, maybe i'll sell it to the Israelis.

my computer time is about to run out - hopefully back on monday, so will try and post something more substantial then

new leaving date... 15th march(ish)

and hey jack, good to see you around - hope life is good.

nik, just read 'vive la revolution' by Mark Steel - brilliant, highly recommended,

see y'all, love,

j
Vitam Impendere Vero
02-18-2010, 05:13 PM,
(02-18-2010, 05:06 PM)mothandrust Wrote: nik, just read 'vive la revolution' by Mark Steel - brilliant, highly recommended,

thanks for the recommendation - i read "as used on the famous Nelson Mandela" a while back, that's good too.

i keep my new passport in tinfoil Exclamation
04-08-2010, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 04:36 PM by mothandrust.)
hey guys, just a quickie cos as per usual my library time is running out. finally got a departure date - 19th April. hooray!!!! will sign in and post something before i go - probably next monday (12th)

hope you're all doing ok,

love,

jack

nik - yeah, Mark Thomas is great, used to love his tv stuff.
Vitam Impendere Vero
04-08-2010, 04:53 PM,
APRIL 19th is my birthday! HOW EXCITING! Clap

While i was sitting in the sun with the dog last week, a rusty colored moth flew by.... and instantly, I was smiling. Smile

We're gonna miss you Jack...... But I'm very happy that all of this is going to work out for you.

Hug yourself for us!

Thanks for letting us know. Ok
04-08-2010, 06:07 PM,
Good luck man!
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 09:05 PM by Easy Skanking.)
I'm jealous.... Big Grin
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
04-15-2010, 01:11 AM,
yo guys! finally got an internet connection (pay as you go) cos i've just set it up for my mum. unfortunately, over the next few days i'm going to be running around like a headless chicken, sorting the remaining stuff before departure.

i will however sign in and post something friday or saturday eve, along with the articles i'm still trying to complete.

j
Vitam Impendere Vero
04-15-2010, 01:32 AM,
(04-15-2010, 01:11 AM)mothandrust Wrote: yo guys! finally got an internet connection (pay as you go) cos i've just set it up for my mum. unfortunately, over the next few days i'm going to be running around like a headless chicken, sorting the remaining stuff before departure.

i will however sign in and post something friday or saturday eve, along with the articles i'm still trying to complete.

j

Great to hear its finally all in gear man!! Clap
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
04-15-2010, 01:34 AM,
exciting Smile
04-18-2010, 02:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2010, 02:31 AM by mothandrust.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL! (for tomorrow) not quite sure where i will be...

well... eight fucking months in London, finally get everything resolved, sort my flight - 19th - and now volcanic ash want's to interfere with my plans! you have to laugh, don't you? i can't even 'eff and blind' at some manifestation of authority.

whatever, things are sorted, so first opportunity and i will be on my way.

i've finished the New World Order piece, not to my satisfaction but it will have to do. its full title is: 'New World Order: a Declaration of Independence, and Interdependence', and incorporates 'Constructing Reality and the Collective Unconscious' as part two which has been tormenting me over the past few weeks. will post it following this post, or you can read it as a pdf at scribd.com - http://www.scribd.com/doc/30055711/New-World-Order-A-Declaration-of-Independence-and-Interdependence

i wanted to write something relatively substantial before leaving but time has beaten me. i wrote the following to close friend from uni, it's not all directly relevant and it's far from complete but it gives a little insight into some of the things that inspire and motivate me.

Quote:Hey man, sorry for the slowness of my response (as usual). I forgot you don't like reading – I just remembered how much you helped me with structuring that 'PATIP' piece I wrote for some module or other, in what seems like an age gone by.

Nah, I could never be a cook in any sort of commercial sense, though i'm sure it could have been a great venture, if... In truth there was a bit of me that still felt guilty about not dissuading you – wrapped up in the uni adventure it seemed everything was possible (and i've always had a naivety and simplicity that is potentially dangerous in our hard nosed, goal orientated, materialist world). But you sound pretty well sorted/happy, and as I have come to discover, things are as they are meant to be. So everything was absolutely right for that time (although what the fuck you were doing studying international politics will remain forever beyond me).

Re the piece, i'm sure you're right, people don't care: they have more pressing matters. But that's not why I write, more than anything my writing is a consequence of my feeble attempt to make sense of this world: to establish my own (evolving) Truth, or God: don't mistake the sign for the signified ;D - “when the sage points at the moon, all the idiot sees is the finger” (which makes Derrida king of the idiots). And, I have a fundamental, insurmountable problem with the world in which I live. It manifests in various different ways but the most problematic is in relation to authority, any authority: so holding down a job (and paying tax to monsters) is pretty much a non-starter. Plus, whatever I do it is essential that it holds meaning – at least in some sense.

Four years in 'mental health' brought me to the conclusion the sanest people are the ones incarcerated, followed by the support workers, then local management, deteriorating all the way to the top, where the real psychopaths (those who consider Hobbes' perspective on life as normal) play their games. Mental health, global finance, international politics... same story. And I do not want to play any more.

I want to watch the sun disappear behind Kilimanjaro, watch the stars through barely polluted skies, wonder at the marvels of nature and live off the fruits of the land. What does 'peace' mean? Absence of conflict – yes? I cannot find it here. Perhaps the Taitas will put me in the right frame of mind to write, without anger and discord.

If I feel at home and want to turn it into something more long term I could teach a little alternative maths/geometry/logic, if anyone's interested. Whatever, it's extraordinarily cheap to live so a little goes a long, long way – will work for bananas – perhaps that could be the title of my first novel.

How do we communicate? Communication, real communication is being: our discourse with the universe. Speech is inherently flawed because it separates the being from the doing leaving only a representation of Truth. We communicate through all our senses, through body odour and behaviour, and presence. Words are just the descriptive (and malleable) part.

Re the smoke, in one way I whole heartedly agree: it is not conducive to a harmonious existence within our present day world. It crystallises all those conflicts in my mind, exposes how empty and meaningless, and miserable, our world is. Perhaps, a long time ago, I could have stopped smoking and focused more upon functioning and day to day normal things, although I doubt it. I think having spent forty years believing the shite that had been fed to me through education, media and whatnot, once it was exposed as a pack of lies, I was never going to be able to put that genie back in the bottle.

In actuality, cannabis helps me function way, way better when interacting with the outside world. It makes me calmer and more dispassionate, more reflective and rationalising: which of course ironically, potentially magnifies the discord – it never rains but it pours, huh? ;D and cannabis enables my writing, and gives me hope, And gives me a vision of what humanity could be, liberated from the chains of authority.

Do you remember saying to me, cannabis can promote megalomania? Undoubtedly true, when viewed from the perspective of authority, but actually, I think, more truthfully, it opens a door to our true potential. Why does authority hate cannabis? Because it “makes darkies think they are as good as white men”.

Sorry man, i've gone on and on, and I know you hate reading. And it's late, (as usual) and time drips away. I have one last essay I wish to finish before heading off, 'constructing reality and the collective unconscious', which will be part 2 of that NWO piece I sent you, but also a piece it its own right. Fingers crossed, touch wood, i'll be off in a little over a week. Not sure if i'll bother with email and internet out there, we'll see – the café is half a days trek down the mountain so it'll probably be limited to bare necessities, if indeed there are such things.

If I do post anything it'll be at 'awareness.tk', where, if you wish, you can check out the place i'm going in the 'Taita Hills' post.

Look after yourself Isy, and if you're in touch with anyone from uni, please pass on my regards, and if you wish my doings, cos this is the most i've written in email for a long, long time.

Viva la Revolucion! Love,

jack
yeah, i like the sound of that,

Viva la Revolucion! Love,

jack

EDIT: sorry guys, was going to post the NWO piece but am just too knackered to lay it out properly. wil try and find some time tomo.

night, j
Vitam Impendere Vero
04-19-2010, 01:36 AM,
sorry guys, it's just too late. can't write anything, can't post anything, if you wish to check out the NWO piece please read it at the scribd address above.

actually, i don't know if i'm flying tomo or not - have to ring the airline first thing. so i may check in again if the flight's not going and i have to join the queue with the others, but, in case not, all the best.

and April, have a great birthday.

love,

jack
Vitam Impendere Vero
04-19-2010, 02:49 AM,
Hope your travel is swift and safe. Have a wonderful time!
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
04-19-2010, 03:32 AM,
Quote: and as I have come to discover, things are as they are meant to be. So everything was absolutely right for that time

I was just writing about this myself.
I think that you may be onto something.

GOOD LUCK JACK !!! Eatdrink007 Icon_biggrin
I Hope you find what you are looking for & I wish you enough.

&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star HAPPY late BIRTHDAY MOTHANDRUST April 19 3,217 08-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Last Post: mothandrust
Shocked mothandrust and The Life Sound FighterFromAfar 1 529 05-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Last Post: FighterFromAfar