Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pink Ouija Board game aimed at young girls
02-16-2010, 10:32 AM,
Pink Ouija Board game aimed at young girls
A pink version of the Ouija Board game, made by Hasbro and sold at Toys R Us locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, has been targeted by Christian groups concerned that it is encouraging young girls to communicate with the spirits of the dead.

Living His Life Abundantly and LifeSiteNews are two of the websites encouraging people to sign up to a boycott intended to force Hasbro and Toys R Us to stop making and selling a relatively new version of the Ouija Board game, which Fox News says first came on to the market in 1967, designed to appeal to girls as young as eight.

Available also on Amazon.com, the Ouija Board has been condemned as "a dangerous spiritual game" by Stephen Phelan, communications director for the Pro-Life Catholic missionary organization Human Life International, Mr Phelan stating that the Bible warns people "not to mess with spirits", adding:

All Christians should know, well everyone should, that it's opening up a person to attack, spiritually. Christians shouldn't use it

Critics have pointed to the words of a former New York City police officer, Ralph Sarchie, said to be an expert in demonology - Mr Sarchie claims to have investigated witches and Satanists and attended exorcisms while working in the South Bronx - as evidence of the dangers posed by games such as Ouija Board.
It is reported that Mr Sarchie wrote in his book Beware the Night:

There ought to be a law against these evil, occult `toys. I can hear some of you out there saying, ‘Hey, I used a Ouija board and nothing happened.’ Consider yourself lucky, then. It’s like playing Russian roulette. When you put the gun to your head, if you don’t hear a loud noise, you made it. Same thing with the board: The more times you pull the trigger, the more likely that on the next shot, your entire world will go black

A Canadian man, John Cain, supposedly once involved in the Occult and responsible for launching the boycott which hopes to force the game's withdrawal, noted too:

This is the mainstreaming of the occult.
I’m a Catholic and I know it’s stated in the Catechism and the Bible that divination and necromancy are off-limits. But the middle-of-the-road group, people who have either fallen away from the Church or don’t have any religious affiliation, they think that when a big corporation like Hasbro and Toys R Us makes it appear so innocuous, it makes them wonder ‘how bad can this be?’ So they buy it and introduce it to their children

Hasbro has defended Ouija Board as " simply a game" which is "intended purely for fun and entertainment", and the Rhode Island-based manufacturer has found support from Chris Byrne, director of content for TimetoPlayMag.com.
Fox News quotes Mr Byrne as saying of Ouija Board:

There's absolutely nothing remotely Christian or un-Christian about it. I think people are projecting their belief system on it

Refuting the idea that Ouija boards are a means to communicate with the dead Mr Byrne added:

That is something that people have made up and it became part of our culture. It's always been entertainment. What I remember is trying to brain my younger brother with the board because he kept moving it. It's just funny that people make up this stuff

The website Bright Hub recently posed the questions "Do Ouija boards work?" and "Are these so-called spiritual tools effective enough to communicate with the dead?".
Stating that the Ouija board has its origins in China approximately 3,110 years ago, indicating too that the Greek philosopher Pythagoras may have used a board during seances 2,550 years ago, Bright Hub concluded that the "automatic, mysterious motion of the Ouija board pointer" is in reality "manipulated by the users".
It also makes reference to the pointer, often known as the planchette, moving as a result of the ideomotor effect.

Nevertheless, denying that criticism of the game had played its part in the decision, Toys R Us spokesman Bob Friedland has told LifeSiteNews that his chain has stopped stocking Ouija Board "because we're making way for newer products".
The pink version of Ouija Board was first sold by Toys R Us in 2008 and following its withdrawal a glow-in-the dark version of Ouija Board designed for eight- to 14-year olds will remain on sale.

Ouija Board had allegedly been the subject of a complaint to Toys R Us by Human Life International some years ago. However the matter went no further than a call to the toy store chain because Toys R Us denied the game was on sale and Human Life International could find no evidence of it being sold.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/287164
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM,
RE: Pink Ouija Board game aimed at young girls
I used one a few times years and years ago.They work,real well.Giving these things to kids has to be the most screwed up thing you could do.Toy or game,I think not.Wait till some one contacts something they can't get rid of.Then the games really begin !

A good test is to ask questions that neither one of you know.Science or math is a good category.I used math myself our science is not the last word. Get the answers and then look up the answers yourself.
What kills me makes me stronger !

No favor asked no quarter given !

Your sitting in your comfort you don't believe I'm real,
You cannot buy protection from the way that I feel.

02-17-2010, 02:05 PM,
all you need is a flat surface and something to make marks with..like a pen or something. It isnot exactly difficult to make a ouija board if someone wants to dabble in that.

Toy companies are profit driven and don't care about children. I am totally surprised.
02-18-2010, 01:22 AM,
my mother bought one years ago, I played with it with my friends, often we would push it, but not always, it did move by itself as well. I looked for it one day and couldn't find it, asked mom and she said that she got rid of it after some of the things hit too close to home, that it scared her and her friend enough throw it out.

..............................................................................................
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
02-18-2010, 02:02 AM,
I see my experiences with the Ouija board as very informative. I used to be able to tell when and then who was pushing it. I got the impression though that some people didn't realize that they were pushing it...

I would also learn a lot about people by the questions they would ask.
[Image: randquote.png]
02-18-2010, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2010, 04:47 AM by ---.)
(02-18-2010, 02:02 AM)yeti Wrote: I see my experiences with the Ouija board as very informative. I used to be able to tell when and then who was pushing it. I got the impression though that some people didn't realize that they were pushing it...

Someone should get the word out to all the 8 year old girls in America, so they can get the most out of it.
(02-18-2010, 01:22 AM)jack Wrote: my mother bought one years ago, I played with it with my friends, often we would push it, but not always, it did move by itself as well. I looked for it one day and couldn't find it, asked mom and she said that she got rid of it after some of the things hit too close to home, that it scared her and her friend enough throw it out

we used to make our own and then burn them afterwards and smash the glass. we really wanted to see if there was anything to it..better safe than not sure.

after a number of times of doing it and the usual sort of gibberish and starkly strange thing we decided to see if the glass would move without us having any physical contact with it.

we did this by interlocking fingers above and around the glass in a kind of finger mesh or finger crown/nest whatnot - but with a perceptible gap between any finger and the glass.

then we proceeded to just ask the one trad question slightly modified "is there anybody there. if there is anybody there move the glass to acknowledge yes." A fair few times we tried this nothing at all happened but on a few occasions the glass did move quite clearly to all and we were all making quite clear that no one was touching the glass. i guess thats what Hasbro means by the "telemotor effect?"

maybe they just want to make a profit encouraging nightmares and telekinisis.

i view the Ouija board as being as important as any of the experiences in my own life on the planet that led me to conclude in my own life here that the scientific or purely psychological explanation to such phenomena is not at all sufficient by way of explanation.

I think having lived in a REAL haunted house for a year might have helped get the ball moving too..it wasn't exactly a Sisyphian task for any of us to "believe" after living in that house either. My parent's got a great deal on it and the people who bought it from my parents also moved out after about a year or so too, we later heard.

My parents did not mention to the buyers that the place was haunted - why would they? other than wanting to sound insane and not sell the house,there would have been no point. I know they felt weird about not saying anything though *shrugs*

It was a smallish village in the North of England and my parents were still relatively young kids and I was about 13-14 at the time - we moved from another small crappy house in the same village - my parents were stoked at what a bargain they were getting. I liked the crappy house and wasn't so fussed to move to the other side of the village where my mates didn't live.

Anyhow, while we were moving out;one day the old guy who kept the little local post office to my mum that he had heard we were moving out and that it didn't surprise him. "why doesn't it surprise you?" my mother said or so kinda perplexed and then he told us all about the village gossip about the curse on the place. Strange stuff indeed. It was/is like a 300 hundred or so year old cottage - i forget the actual date, sure i could find out using the internet lol - but it was really easy to see how everything had moved changed and been rebuilt around this cottage through centuries whilst it remained intact - right up to the front and back door everything had been shaped shifted built knocked down rebuilt etc all around this house but never the house. pfft.

No big deal, it's just a little ghost story and I didn't even tell you the actual ghost story. (too many naysayers around for that hehe)
02-18-2010, 07:18 AM,
(02-18-2010, 02:02 AM)yeti Wrote: I see my experiences with the Ouija board as very informative. I used to be able to tell when and then who was pushing it. I got the impression though that some people didn't realize that they were pushing it...

interesting, i never considered subconscious pushing - bet that happens all the time

personally i never had any weird experiences nor was i old enough to put any thought into the things others asked - i can see tho how that would give a person insight into the others

(02-18-2010, 04:04 AM)nik Wrote: ...

i view the Ouija board as being as important as any of the experiences in my own life on the planet that led me to conclude in my own life here that the scientific or purely psychological explanation to such phenomena is not at all sufficient by way of explanation.

yes, there are some things that just can't be explained & there is no way to get someone who has experienced them to not believe what they experienced anymore than you get the ones that haven't to believe you.

(02-18-2010, 04:04 AM)nik Wrote: ...
I think having lived in a REAL haunted house for a year might have helped get the ball moving too..it wasn't exactly a Sisyphian task for any of us to "believe" after living in that house either. My parent's got a great deal on it and the people who bought it from my parents also moved out after about a year or so too, we later heard.

Strange stuff indeed. It was/is like a 300 hundred or so year old cottage - i forget the actual date, sure i could find out using the internet lol - but it was really easy to see how everything had moved changed and been rebuilt around this cottage through centuries whilst it remained intact - right up to the front and back door everything had been shaped shifted built knocked down rebuilt etc all around this house but never the house. pfft.

guess it was resistant to change
wow 300 years, bet some creepy stuff went on in there

...............................................................................................
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
02-18-2010, 02:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2010, 02:09 PM by ---.)
(02-18-2010, 07:18 AM)jack Wrote: guess it was resistant to change
wow 300 years, bet some creepy stuff went on in there
...............................................................................................

yes, it was a butchers in the late 17th century and a couple of people were killed in there around about that time local records showed.
02-19-2010, 12:09 AM,
What the hell these actually work?
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
02-19-2010, 01:41 AM,
(02-19-2010, 12:09 AM)mastermg Wrote: What the hell these actually work?

i don't think so
02-19-2010, 09:05 AM,
Figment of the imagination after hours of straining the brain to push it I assume lol
02-20-2010, 06:49 PM,
(02-19-2010, 09:05 AM)mastermg Wrote: Figment of the imagination after hours of straining the brain to push it I assume lol

i'm not sure Undecided
02-20-2010, 08:06 PM,
Did some research, it probably works and is not worth messing around with. It can curse your home. Freaky stuff.
02-20-2010, 08:22 PM,
I've read that most poltergeist-like activity can be caused by the person themselves, rather than a separate entity. Under extreme stress, the mind finds way to release it in ways we have yet to discover (or to be completely aware of and control). A personal example of mine was a year back, I was stressed about money, and this jar I keep change in started shaking wildly. I had kept it on a top shelf of the book case, and all other objects on the shelf didn't shake, only the jar. There was another time that I had thought I was going to have to cut my hair for a job (I have long hair and I love it), and my hairband that was sitting on my desk right in front of me started moving and flipped slightly in the air.

Shaking/moving of the bed, for example, can be caused by sexual frustration. The mind thinks in symbols, so our psyche is connected with symbols in the physical world. Our minds, at a subconscious or unconscious psychic plane, has affects on these things in the material plane when extreme stress is released in this fashion.

As far as Ouija boards go, I have no clue. Me and friends used to play around with them as kids, but nothing ever happened. Though, I felt I was the only one who was taking it seriously, and because they didn't, nothing ever happened.

There are other supernatural experiences I know my father and my brother have been apart of, but maybe that's for another thread.
02-20-2010, 10:54 PM,
I had a supernatural experience. I was in our windowless bathroom once when the shower curtain started shaking. I turned my head to look at it and it stopped. I ignored it and it started shaking more violently but when I looked again it stopped. I lifted it to see if there was a rodent or something but there was nothing there. I ran out Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get little girls pregnant with demon babies CharliePrime 3 1,391 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Israeli Drive to Prevent Jewish Girls Dating Arabs --- 0 762 09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ---
  Anybody notice anything weird lately on the board? hilly7 160 24,753 12-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Last Post: kukel
  Inverted Cross (pac-man Game Cube) illestdee 0 1,058 06-06-2007, 02:44 AM
Last Post: illestdee
  Left Behind: Eternal Forces - Christian Apocalyptic Computer Game homeforthedef 0 564 05-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Last Post: homeforthedef
  How Many Satanists/luciferians On This Board? SerialExpLain 92 11,703 02-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Moriani
  Jihad: The Great Vampire Card Game SerialExpLain 2 3,154 02-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking