Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default theme may discourage new users. *Default Theme Updated.
01-22-2010, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2010, 06:27 AM by FastTadpole.)
Default theme may discourage new users. *Default Theme Updated.
The red-on-black default theme is really ugly to look at and I had to hunt around for the option to change it. I think a theme that's easier on the eyes (eg. Android) would encourage more people to use the forum.
01-22-2010, 11:26 AM,
RE: Default theme may discourage new users
I think the Black and Grey theme is the only one that doesn't give me eye cancer.
01-22-2010, 01:37 PM,
The red-on-black theme is rather ugly. It's hard to read as well, seems childish. I use the default blue theme, it's easy on the eyes.
Knower of the unknown.
01-22-2010, 02:27 PM,
it's soo cool that ppl. can actually just CHOOSE the skin they want to use.
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2010, 02:52 PM by joeblow.)
(01-22-2010, 02:27 PM)nik Wrote: it's soo cool that ppl. can actually just CHOOSE the skin they want to use.

Choice? I hope you ran this by Thierry...oops...I meant "Dunamis" before you said this. He is kind of like AJ, he is "Da Leader of dis ConCen Moovement!".

:lol:
01-22-2010, 04:33 PM,
Yes they can choose, but I think ConCen could present a better default theme for new users and for when we like to link in. Switch up the default to default IMO.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
01-22-2010, 08:17 PM,
go for the Black BB seems to work for me. white backgrounds are for hard copy....yuck
01-23-2010, 02:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2010, 02:07 AM by ---.)
(01-22-2010, 02:34 PM)joeblow Wrote:
(01-22-2010, 02:27 PM)nik Wrote: it's soo cool that ppl. can actually just CHOOSE the skin they want to use.

Choice? I hope you ran this by Thierry...oops...I meant "Dunamis" before you said this. He is kind of like AJ, he is "Da Leader of dis ConCen Moovement!".

:lol:

he totally fucked it by trying to stab me with the olive branch i offered
(01-22-2010, 04:33 PM)FastTadpole Wrote: Yes they can choose, but I think ConCen could present a better default theme for new users and for when we like to link in. Switch up the default to default IMO.

never bothered me when i joined the site *shrugs*

when i got bored of the old Andromeda I just switched to IPB 2.20 - no big deal
01-23-2010, 02:13 AM,
Was quite happy to log on and see the new "default" theme, much easier on the eye.

The red theme seemed a bit angry ! Why so serious ?
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

[Image: 92776662.png]
01-23-2010, 10:35 AM,
Black and Grey! Black and Grey!
03-20-2010, 09:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2010, 09:25 AM by Hans Olo.)
The Black and Grey theme is gone. It was the only theme that didn't give me eye cancer... I guess I can live with the default theme, too. Thanks, Admins, I'm sure you mean well (no sarcasm here)
07-29-2010, 05:29 AM,
Thank god I found the default theme -- I didn't know how to change the "black on grey" -- geez -- no one can read black on grey -- that's why this website is dead!!

Hello?

White on black or something like that is readable.

But I had to find this thread to figure out how to change the color scheme of the website. Big format problem people -- I pointed this out what 6 months ago....

It's obvious that's why concen gets hardly any posting.....

Still keep going with the same color theme if you want a dead website. No biggie I guess.
07-30-2010, 05:16 PM,
(07-29-2010, 05:29 AM)drew hempel Wrote: Thank god I found the default theme -- I didn't know how to change the "black on grey" -- geez -- no one can read black on grey -- that's why this website is dead!!

Maybe it's you and your observation skills... [Image: rolleye0014.gif]

(07-29-2010, 05:29 AM)drew hempel Wrote: Hello?

Shoot Mods... JUMP ! Drew Hempel isn't happy.... LOL

(07-29-2010, 05:29 AM)drew hempel Wrote: White on black or something like that is readable.

LIKE any of us here moderating are here to decide and choose what color themes OTHER people prefer to use !!! Dodgy

Hmmm Hempel.... that's probably WHY we've given EVERYONE the option to PICK whatever theme or skin they want ! I don't know about you.... but I'm here b/c of content.... not colors.

(07-29-2010, 05:29 AM)drew hempel Wrote: But I had to find this thread to figure out how to change the color scheme of the website. Big format problem people -- I pointed this out what 6 months ago....

LOL Well I'm sorry something so simple got you so worked up. If it was that big of a deal... you could have PMed any of us for help or advice.

You don't even need to log in to change the themes or colors. This is accessible to ANYONE from the bottom right hand corner of the screen... ON EVERY PAGE.

Quote:It's obvious that's why concen gets hardly any posting.....

I've been out for less then 24 hours.... to come back to 4 flippin pages of new posts!

When I go out to see what are fellow comrade or competitor websites are offering... more often then not... I'M GLAD members aren't bringing LOADS OF BULL SHIT here.

Quote:Still keep going with the same color theme if you want a dead website. No biggie I guess.

*shakes head...

My frustration is solely due to the fact that YOU can change the themes yourself... at any time. We tried to give people lots of options.... guess it wasn't good enough for Mr. Hempel though. Whatever.
07-30-2010, 08:36 PM,
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Just what I was thinking, April. Big Grin
Love005

Rep bump!
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM,
Yeah, I enjoy the options @ the theme selector, always loved that for forums. Gives it a new feel every time I switch.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Quick Directions To Change Your Theme Dunamis 3 946 10-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Post: thokling