Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Those poor saps in Massachusetts
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM,
Those poor saps in Massachusetts
The people think they have beat the system. They do, they really do. They are cheering and celebrating and feeling good and "voicing their opinion". It's too bad that they don't realize that they've been had.

Has anyone bothered to make the connection between Brown and Romney? Or Brown and Barry Sotero for that matter?

I was watching the acceptance speech tonight and marveling at the resemblance between Brown and Romney. They almost look identical. It caused me to wonder about some things.

Brown appears out of nowhere. So did Barry Sotero. Mitt Romney was a HUGE supporter of Brown (was his money as well?). Brown promised change, so did Barry Sotero. Brown promised that "business as usual in DC" was going to change. So did Barry Sotero. Brown has two daughters, so does Barry Sotero. Brown has charm, so does Barry Sotero.

The people of Massachusetts have changed nothing at all. The reason Coakley campaigned the way she did is because she was a ringer who did as she was told in order to make Brown electable.

How gullible are the people and do they have the BALLS to stand up and figure out that the system that works against them is bigger than they are obviously willing to accept? They will never change it. It's too big and too entrenched. The only thing they can hope to do is to admit to themselves that even people like Palin are manufactured to make the people think that they have something they really don't.

The only thing that the people can hope for is that the system will eventually implode on itself as with Rome and a few other systems. When that happens they may have a chance but history proves otherwise.

I weep for the future.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

01-20-2010, 01:20 PM,
RE: Those poor saps in Massachusetts
(01-20-2010, 11:57 AM)NickHedge Wrote: The only thing that the people can hope for is that the system will eventually implode on itself as with Rome and a few other systems. When that happens they may have a chance but history proves otherwise.

I certainly hope it doesn't mirror the fall of Rome where it slowly died and then foreigners picked over the carcass.

It did serve as a barometer in their dissent to the current regime or the issue of the day as propagated by the media. But in the end they voted how they were supposed to or at least that is how the Diebold machines told the story.

At ConCen we're enlightened to the fact that the game is rigged and it doesn't matter which player is elected if they are from team red or blue. There needs to be a mass wave of truly independents elected for any hope of proper representation of the people to take shape in the current system.

All we can do is keep parroting the message to our neighbours, our children and anyone else who will listen and even to those who pretend not to hear in hopes of festering a seed that may one day bloom. Persistence and optimism in the face of frustration and despair is how the bigger game is won.

The curtain is being peeled back and a greater awareness in the general populace. So much so that truthers are deemed terrorists and criminals, bunkers are being built, the internet is being censored and subverted, gun laws are being amended, prisons are being stuffed, security is receiving unprecedented investment, hate crimes bills are being passed, surveillance is being stepped up, free speech zones are being erected -- all signs that the elite are running scared.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
01-20-2010, 02:04 PM,
I saw the most interesting site a few weeks ago at Lowe's Home Building store. Someone had converted a pickup truck into a weird type of van and had painted it a dark camoflauge design. Two men (in cami's) were stuffing building supplies inside. I smiled to myself and thought, yeah they are prepping now. At least more out in the open.

Politics is a closed circle where it is by invitation only. Just anyone cannot run AND get in. I learned that when my mom tried to run for local office back in the 60's. Another friend's mom had done the same thing in Texas back in the 60's and both experienced the same outcome - the race was long, tough and in the end unfulfilling. It's who you know and how connected you are. The further up the ladder you get the harder it gets. It's a closed clubhouse.

The people will eventually see to a certain degree and the elites must know that at some point the people will figure it out and they have prepared for that (I believe). All one can do is stay focused and try to sidestep the traps being set. Be prepared.

But Brown.....he's a clone, nothing good will come from that.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

01-20-2010, 03:45 PM,
Quote:It's a closed clubhouse.

Then to plan B. Establish a parallel system of governance and denounce the current systems. The monies, the corporations, the media and the governance. A coup by the people for the people. Grassroots anti-apathy is the key, proliferation of information and ideology with a viable alternative is the logical first step. Time to take the country back.
01-20-2010, 04:20 PM,
What never fails to fascinate me is that the people have not figured out that they have had the power all along. They have the shear numbers. The spaceman says it all the time. All people have to do is just not go to work one day or one week. Not shop, not vote, not do anything. Just stop for one week. That would change things drastically. In their favor no less. But - people are too disconnected, too medded up, too depressed, confused, insecure, scared. There's no way people can ever come together to send that powerful of a message. And this has been the design of the elite. They have patience on their side. Years and years of patience. Slow, methodical planning.

Med up the people, convince them that everything they feel they need a pill for. The water, air, food have all been contaminated. The people don't know any better. Instead of trusting themselves, they choose to trust doctors, politicians, lawyers, etc. The very people they shouldn't trust.

This is the plan though, scare the people over and over and over until they live in such a state of fear that the least thing will send them scurrying away to hide from the supposed "boogie man".

It is truly every man for himself. We are that separated from each other. But for those who know what to do when everything is gone and they are living by their wits will do ok for awhile, but I wouldn't hold my breath for long term. Not the way the system has developed. You're right, they have us from every angle. It's like playing chess and the people are on the losing side. No matter what move they make under these conditions they will be in check mate. The only thing left to do is make the move, choose a move and make it. Deal with the consequences.

People don't want to hear doom and gloom, they want happy happy joy joy. They want what the saps in Massachusetts got last night. But what they don't understand YET is that they didn't get anything. They got a white version of Barry Sotero. It's sad. They've been had again.

01-20-2010, 10:20 PM,
@ taddy:
"gun laws are being amended"

what gun laws are being amended?
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
01-20-2010, 10:58 PM,
(01-20-2010, 03:45 PM)FastTadpole Wrote:
Quote:It's a closed clubhouse.

Then to plan B. Establish a parallel system of governance and denounce the current systems. The monies, the corporations, the media and the governance. A coup by the people for the people. Grassroots anti-apathy is the key, proliferation of information and ideology with a viable alternative is the logical first step. Time to take the country back.

YES!

Sorry, I know that I should elaborate, but this is exactly what needs to be done not just in America, but in the entire world. Despite the fact that it is confirmed that the CIA funds the civilian-attacking portion of the Taliban, this is what the Freedom-Fighters in Afghanistan do.
01-20-2010, 11:51 PM,
(01-20-2010, 10:20 PM)h3rm35 Wrote: @ taddy:
"gun laws are being amended"

what gun laws are being amended?

I was referring to the recent Canadian gun registry. There is a big fuss by Americans about potentially losing their right to bear arms like in the Stalinist Ukraine or Nazi Germany. I think Chicago passed some gun law not long ago, probably a registry if I recall correctly.

@joeblow
Indeed the scope has to be global. But Americans could serve as a beacon to get the ball rolling on this movement, the world is watching. Then again the anti-American sentiment that has built up over the years in some places along with an underlying jealously by Western Europe that comes from being usurped as the world power after WWII and their is that lingering cold war animosity. What needs to be done should not be pitched as an alliance of nations but of an counter-agenda to serve the people's best interests. Logic will prevail. Climategate, Bankergate, Saddam's Nukes and Israel's Zionist atrocities slowly being revealed have people ripe for a listen to alternative views and better ways of interacting, governing and trading goods and services. When you cross one be sure to give them an earful.

I had recently listened to a radio show (I think it was Truth Hertz) and they said something like:

Apathy arises from people not from people that are too stupid and ignorant. Most people have an inkling, at least vaguely, of what is really going on. They feel they are powerless like they are in a slowly sinking raft without any means to avert the impending capsizing. Their reaction, the definition of apathy. They pretend as if nothing is going on and find a distraction. If you can introduce a solution, say a water pump for example, apathy quickly turns to concerted effort pumping away as hard as and fast as they can.

All that needs be doing is to convince enough people that there is a solution and to develop a coherent plan. A plan with a specific goal and means to reach it. Turning the powerless and apathetic into fierce competitors and advocates of a proposed solution is our best weapon. Our 'elected' government's lead is to dig us out of a hole with a shovel. We need to do much better than that. Someone else I can't quite recall once said, "Give me 1000 strong and dedicated leaders and I can change the course of a nation within a year".
01-21-2010, 08:08 AM,
(01-20-2010, 11:51 PM)FastTadpole Wrote: I think Chicago passed some gun law not long ago, probably a registry if I recall correctly.

To clarify this point. There has been a gun ban in Chicago for quite some time. However, in the D.C. v. Keller case, an almost identical gun ban was struck down by the Supreme Court. However, the Court did not incorporate the 2nd Amendment to the states in that case and further litigation is in the pipeline now. I think the case under review is a New York ban though and not the Chicago one.

There are more indirect means being employed though, for example in California where legislators are trying to get serial numbers on ammo. I haven't checked the status on that recently though so I couldn't tell you if that's just more talk or what.
01-21-2010, 10:10 AM,
Thanks for clarifying a bit, I'm not well read on US gun laws. I figured it was a good point to list in a global context along with the other factors that point to elite fear of the general populace.
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM,
Excerpt of a Rant from Alternet that I'd like to echo. I'll skip the moot history lesson in the preamble, full article here:

Conservative Senate Win Is Another Victory for the Billionaire Bailout Society, and a Failure for Progressives
http://www.alternet.org/politics/145300/mass_hysteria%3A_senate_election_is_another_victory_for_the_billionaire_bailout_society

Quote:What did progressives do? What are they doing now?

Not nearly enough. We put our faith in Obama and now are moaning about how he failed to take on Wall Street and the insurance giants. We concentrated on shaping the health care bill, but did little to shape the outrage against Wall Street and the anxiety about job loss.

The moment was missed. The American public truly became outraged at the Wall Street rip offs, but progressives failed to mobilize on Main Street. Instead the terrain was abdicated to the Tea Party, a loose collection of right wing populists who stirred up a potent brew of anti-Obama, anti-government resentments and anti-Wall Street anger.

In a matter of months the Tea Party has gained more popular appeal than either of the two parties. Unbelievably, it is becoming the party of Main Street.

It didn't have to be this way. Every significant crash creates openings for left and right populist reactions. This time however, the left version is dormant. Progressives have not generated a financial reform agenda or a vision for a revitalized economy that speaks to Main Street's anger. Nor has it produced the kind of mass pubic educational program that would be necessary to build a popular response. It certainly has not mobilized a new political party or movement to capture the millions of Americans who are fed up with what clearly appears to be the two parties of Wall Street.

Where is all that new progressive Internet organizing that was supposed reshape American politics? Where is that virtual mass movement that supposedly got Obama elected? Did we expect to tweet our way into reforming Wall Street?

It pains me to say this but progressives are about as far away from mobilizing a genuine movement of Main Street against Wall Street as Ms. Coakley is to understanding that Curt Shilling is not a Yankee.

Progressives are at a crossroads. We can either fight for the interests of Main Street against the billionaire bailout society, or we spend our dwindling energies on defending Obama and the Democrats against the populist revolt.

The Tea Party, however muddled and contradictory its proposals, have proved that Americans want to take on the billionaire bailout society. And it has showed us how quickly a new party formation can emerge. Unfortunately, the crisis also is revealing how tied progressive are to the Democratic establishment, and how meek our protests seem, just when our nation most needs our loudest voices and most spirited reforms.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American democracy-building in action: Iraq: Poor Selling Their Votes For Cash h3rm35 0 729 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Bush Government to Poor Voters: We Don't Want You to Vote waxzy 0 533 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Last Post: waxzy
  Council Tax, Daylight Robbery Tax, Rip off the Elderly Tax, Rip off the Poor Tax. 0 306 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: