Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are The Forums Dying?
08-26-2006, 05:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2006, 05:17 PM by Conspiracy Dave.)
Are The Forums Dying?
Since we've gotten the new board up and especially the past few days. I've noticed that barely anything changes.

Are these forums dying? Where is everyone? Remember the old forums, they were pretty busy.
:(

*EDIT*
Fuck wrong section, please move to Off Topic if possible.
Do you really think your a higher form of life? You...With your dripping jaws, and your bloodshot eyes. You...With your varicosities and your vermin for an appendix. You...with your hemroids and assterioids. Often I wake up at night and ponder these matters. And then I feel very strongly that I should talk them over with Brother Theodore...and then, and then I wake up fully and remember that I am Brother Theodore. And my heart aches. And my tears flow. And I see my Aunt Marie floating in the chicken soup...more dead than alive...more naked than not. And oh, now I see a mailman, a mailman giving birth to a dog of all things!

Never a moments peace, never a moments peace...never a moments peace.
08-26-2006, 05:32 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
The policy on ISP emails is a bit excessive... I for one was not prepared to use my family ISP email to sign up to a 'conspiracy theory' forum.. So it took me quite a few attempts before I was actually accepted

Its not that I don't trust CTRL it's just that I don't trust anyone.. Its MY policy. Who knows what kind of lists I could end up on:)
08-26-2006, 05:48 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
I did away with that almost 2 weeks ago due to backlash. But I still think it was the right method of keeping people civil and not trolling.
08-26-2006, 06:21 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
Quote:Since we've gotten the new board up and especially the past few days. I've noticed that barely anything changes.

Are these forums dying? Where is everyone? Remember the old forums, they were pretty busy.

*EDIT*
we also had a ton of members on the old forum, its just taking a bit for everyone to migrate. its picking up. look how many people are online right now lol. im sure its really going to pick up now that the tracker has been modified.
[Image: terrorists_230606.gif]
08-26-2006, 07:37 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
These forums will never die, even if I'm the only one talking to myself:D
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
08-26-2006, 07:52 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
:LOL:
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
08-26-2006, 08:01 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
Things have been going slow which is why in the meantime I've been posting on Opposing Digits (God forbid!) and the DavidIckeforum. Things will probably pick up around here though, it's a shame so many good names seem to have disappeared (ie Revolution Jim, Chessmuscle, among others) but the rest of CC seems to have migrated, just not posting much is all.
08-26-2006, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2006, 08:09 PM by JohnDoe1984.)
Are The Forums Dying?
IMO the look of these forums sucks now. Can you do some tweaking? It looks really plain and uninteresting. Also can you fix the links on the tracker to the forums I keep getting errors. Maybe put a forum tab in the area where the hotlinks for index and such are?
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]
08-26-2006, 08:39 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
Whats all this about? At 20 days old there are 3,360 posts atm, thats nearly 170 posts a day, which means that if you check the forum 4 times a day for new messages, every time it will spill over to 2 pages. Thats slow?
08-26-2006, 08:47 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
I don't know about the statistics but it's not moving along at the same pace as the old Concen, you don't need the math to figure that one out. Like I said though I'm sure things will speed up, it's just a matter of time.
08-26-2006, 09:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2006, 09:04 PM by harflimon.)
Are The Forums Dying?
We just need more people to contribute I suppose. If you add up the posts of the top ten posters it comes out to a little bit more than half of all the posts on the forums. With a forum with now over 500 regestered users it seems like the same ten people are talking to each other while everyone else watches.

DONT be scared people, jump into the conversation.

Edit- LOL woken has a full 12.5% of all the posts. That's some posting skillz right there.:P
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
08-26-2006, 09:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2006, 10:28 PM by Conspiracy Dave.)
Are The Forums Dying?
Quote:I did away with that almost 2 weeks ago due to backlash. But I still think it was the right method of keeping people civil and not trolling.

I think the ISP email idea was a good idea. Keeps the discussion boards to people who actually want to be here and have a higher likleyhood of something to contribute. However it might also limit the boards to us preaching to the choir if nobody new and uninformed can sign up easily.

So, goes both ways I suppose.

I really don't like this new forum/torrent approach. I don't fully understand why this is nessecary. It just seems like it will be more of a pain in the ass the find what you want and to get it. Why not just disable comments on the tracker and then just let us comment on the torrents on the tracker in the forums. It would be so much better if you just pet the d/l link back in so we could search and find what we want fast.

Maybe somebody can fully explain all the reasons to me why we are making this change.
Do you really think your a higher form of life? You...With your dripping jaws, and your bloodshot eyes. You...With your varicosities and your vermin for an appendix. You...with your hemroids and assterioids. Often I wake up at night and ponder these matters. And then I feel very strongly that I should talk them over with Brother Theodore...and then, and then I wake up fully and remember that I am Brother Theodore. And my heart aches. And my tears flow. And I see my Aunt Marie floating in the chicken soup...more dead than alive...more naked than not. And oh, now I see a mailman, a mailman giving birth to a dog of all things!

Never a moments peace, never a moments peace...never a moments peace.
08-26-2006, 10:20 PM,
Are The Forums Dying?
Quote:Edit- LOL woken has a full 12.5% of all the posts. That's some posting skillz right there.:P
i had to give you something to talk about didnt I? If you think its dead now, imagine what it would be like if i didnt post the articles for you to talk about. :P
[Image: terrorists_230606.gif]
08-27-2006, 06:59 AM,
Are The Forums Dying?
Quote:Since we've gotten the new board up and especially the past few days. I've noticed that barely anything changes.

*EDIT*

Nah!! everybody is waiting for the BLACK concen again!, and that masonic pyramid that is soo DE RIGUER!! I dont know about you but the whole Microsoft blue just makes me fucking sick. You know man you need OCCULT shit, a little bit of satanic rock type stuff , a little of the 666 mark of the beast scary shit that CONCEN makes us a part of HEHEHEHEHHEEHEH!! Sorry the merlot is talking . We need to discuss the deep dark shit deeply.

Remember!!!!

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
08-27-2006, 09:09 AM,
Are The Forums Dying?
Things will pickup, just give it some time. Its hard starting from scratch again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other forums groen2 11 1,578 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Last Post: JFK
  Anybody know any cool web cam Forums? Weyland 25 2,798 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Any other good conspiracy forums on the net? MC David 13 1,158 12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Cycle of Eternity
  Developers tidy up forums with "StupidFilter" drummer 12 1,550 11-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Its nice to come back to ConCen forums kingisdani 2 600 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Last Post: MrBS
  Prisonplanet Forums Jolly Englishman 2 526 07-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Anyone Know Of Some Really Popular Mainstream Political Forums? Young David 0 325 02-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Young David
  Truthnet Radio Now Has A Forums datars 17 1,676 12-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Last Post: datars
  Educating/spamming Other Forums Ognir 0 355 08-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Ognir