Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Are We Living Longer?
09-04-2006, 06:00 PM,
Just wondering what the various ideas (and possible links) were about why people are living so much longer than years past?
09-04-2006, 07:53 PM,
What years past do you mean? Like ancient times where you could die from a broken arm... usually do to medical attention that killed you? ;)

I think we're not living nearly long enough considering technology... it seems to be balanced out by the poisoning of our environment and thus our food and water.

Imagine if you could have all the benefits of modern medicine AND be free of the toxins we regularly ingest and are exposed to... we'd probably live to be between 200 and 300 years old. Of course that alone might cause mass population problems.
09-06-2006, 12:49 PM,
thats why there so many poisons in outr our food and drink so that populations can be be controlled and won't get to big so the NWO can easily take over, one of thier policies is to keep world population under 500,000
[Image: privacy5ni.jpg]
09-07-2006, 11:27 PM,
Quote:thats why there so many poisons in outr our food and drink so that populations can be be controlled and won't get to big so the NWO can easily take over, one of thier policies is to keep world population under 500,000

500,000? Are you sure, hell, the school I go to is apparently 14% of the world population.
09-08-2006, 04:01 AM,
Well there is no denying that the technology and information we have is making us live longer. I mean it's pretty hard to disprove that even if there are a few products that do damage us.

Also it depends a lot on how you look at it. The dark ages were a bad time to be alive because of plauge, war, and famine. Boys were considered men at at least age 14 and were doing all the dangerous things men did, including going to war and working in dangerous circumstances.

Plus what we would consider minor injuries people would die from because they didn't do anything to it besides wrap it up. It would usually get infected and they would die. We didn't start using soap again until relatively recently. Newer soaps might be dangerous and full of petroleum, but that didn't start until about fifty years ago.

I know there are other things I want to say, I'll post them if they come to mind.
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
09-08-2006, 04:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2006, 04:02 AM by harflimon.)
Sorry, double post.
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
09-09-2006, 01:41 PM,
If it is technology that is helping us live longer. And by technology I assume you mean medical and nutritional. I was under the impression that older holistic methods of healing were and are far superior to the symptom treating western medicine of today. And for the technology that has affected our nutrition, I was under the impression that genetically modified, pesticide filled etc. etc. foods were inferior to the more natural state of foods in the past, and by past I mean just a few generations or even many hundred generations ago. My impressions may be wrong and/or the fact that we never really recordied and monitored the average human life span in the past as compared to now may mean my question is totally wrong- maybe past generations life spans were longer- who knows?
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM,
According to The Bible there was no death until humans accepted "knowledge". With knowledge came death, so we can think of it as "infected" knowledge. If I consider that life is actually a form of information then we can say that humans have been infected by an information virus. The knowledge we gulped down was infected with a virus that changed the information encoded in our DNA, and thus we became subject to death for the first time.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fox News: Obama in Plot to Force Americans to Live Longer mexika 0 998 09-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Last Post: mexika
  'Fountain of youth' pill helps people live longer TriWooOx 0 926 12-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
Video Living Proof: The hospital wanted to let this man die! - Amazing Video! ov3rkomer 3 1,834 10-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Last Post: ov3rkomer
  Wounds take longer to heal when you are anxious or stressed drummer 5 2,443 07-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Those Living Near Nuclear Plants To Get Pills April 2 1,543 09-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Guest
  14 die of cancer in seven years living next to phone mast with highest radiation levels in UK TriWooOx 0 863 06-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx