Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Galloway Downloads
09-21-2006, 02:48 AM,
I've just made this new page and thought it might be interesting to a few readers here:

http://thecouchtripper.com/georgegalloway/

There's 20 of his radio shows to download currently and I'll try to add all future programmes.
09-23-2006, 10:11 PM,
I've just posted tonight's show as a direct download here.

http://thecouchtripper.com/georgegalloway/?p=34
09-23-2006, 11:56 PM,
Quote:I've just posted tonight's show as a direct download here.

http://thecouchtripper.com/georgegalloway/?p=34

thanks i missed tonights show.
keep up the good work.
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
09-24-2006, 07:06 PM,
Thanks for the links faceless.

Do you live in the UK and have DAB radio? If so you could be able to record this radio show at 64kbit.

Thanks again for the links as I tend to miss the radio shows.
'Undoubtedly when you are at war with a deadly enemy it is better not to begin fighting among yourselves; but it is worth remembering that it takes two to make a quarrel and that people do not begin building barricades unless they have received something that they regard as a provocation.'

Eric Arthur Blair - Homage to Catalonia
09-24-2006, 10:13 PM,
Quote:Thanks for the links faceless.

Do you live in the UK and have DAB radio? If so you could be able to record this radio show at 64kbit.

Thanks again for the links as I tend to miss the radio shows.

I did a few shows at 128k a few weeks back but the fact the leechers were so shit at sharing meant I wasn't going to bother again... and they're too big to provide as direct downloads
09-24-2006, 10:56 PM,
I guess Mr Galloway isn't too popular, but your uploads are great. cheers:)
'Undoubtedly when you are at war with a deadly enemy it is better not to begin fighting among yourselves; but it is worth remembering that it takes two to make a quarrel and that people do not begin building barricades unless they have received something that they regard as a provocation.'

Eric Arthur Blair - Homage to Catalonia
09-26-2006, 12:37 AM,
I like to keep abreast of the blustery turncoat- I have DAB but I may be unable to record the shows
until after Xmas as I'm working..

I think if you cut the ads and waffle you'll have 90 mins- save as a mono mp3 file at 22,500Hz/32kbps
and you'll have a file of about 21Mb. TalkSport is only broadcast at 64kbps in mono on DAB, so anything higher isn't needed, and only George will suffer some loss of quality, the callers should sound the same.
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM,
Quote:I like to keep abreast of the blustery turncoat- I have DAB but I may be unable to record the shows
until after Xmas as I'm working..

I think if you cut the ads and waffle you'll have 90 mins- save as a mono mp3 file at 22,500Hz/32kbps
and you'll have a file of about 21Mb. TalkSport is only broadcast at 64kbps in mono on DAB, so anything higher isn't needed, and only George will suffer some loss of quality, the callers should sound the same.

A blustery turncoat whose shows you usually record? That makes perfect sense - do you also kick yourself regularly to make sure it still hurts?

I don't use DAB, I use the NTL cable radio stream.
09-28-2006, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2006, 12:21 AM by slothy.)
I didn't say that I record the shows, but I was prepared to offer to do it so I could share the shows here. Please read more carefully. But now I understand that you're getting it from a source other than AM, so my DAB radio is redundant (so what's new?)

But I don't see what's wrong with keeping a record of what the mainstream media puts out, just because I disagree. Rumsfeld's words are worth s**t, but someone recorded him when he said stuff like 'we know where those WMDs are'..they obviously weren't wasting their time. Similarly, I like to keep my recording (downloaded by the way) of Galloway claiming to know nothing of building 7, and of him claiming that any alternative theories of 9/11 are baseless unless callers tell him what happened to the 'missing plane' at the Pentagon. It's classic stuff!
09-29-2006, 12:59 AM,
Quote:I didn't say that I record the shows, but I was prepared to offer to do it so I could share the shows here. Please read more carefully. But now I understand that you're getting it from a source other than AM, so my DAB radio is redundant (so what's new?)

But I don't see what's wrong with keeping a record of what the mainstream media puts out, just because I disagree. Rumsfeld's words are worth s**t, but someone recorded him when he said stuff like 'we know where those WMDs are'..they obviously weren't wasting their time. Similarly, I like to keep my recording (downloaded by the way) of Galloway claiming to know nothing of building 7, and of him claiming that any alternative theories of 9/11 are baseless unless callers tell him what happened to the 'missing plane' at the Pentagon. It's classic stuff!

The implication of your words were that you do record them - maybe you should write more carefully next time.

There's no doubt that Galloway has a lot to learn about conspiracies etc, but considering he's fighting a specific corner I don't think it's essential that he deviates from his approach until he's ready.
09-29-2006, 02:02 PM,
Quote:The implication of your words were that you do record them - maybe you should write more carefully next time

Careless implication or careless inference? Could we have a poll? :P

I understand GG would not last long on the air if he was to broadcast information which many of us take for granted, but does he have to try and discredit with such vigour those who phone in with 'alternative' views?
09-29-2006, 07:05 PM,
Quote:
Quote:The implication of your words were that you do record them - maybe you should write more carefully next time

Careless implication or careless inference? Could we have a poll? :P

I understand GG would not last long on the air if he was to broadcast information which many of us take for granted, but does he have to try and discredit with such vigour those who phone in with 'alternative' views?

as long as we get a legitimate electronic polling system in place (say the american one?) I think it should prove interesting!

You're right to say he does discredit many alternative views, and it has annoyed me to hear him say stuff like "is that the men in white coats coming to take you away" etc, but while he fights so strongly for justice in many other areas I'm prepared to let that slide... for now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allen - George Washington, Spymaster - How the Americans Outspied the British and Won the Revolutionary War (2004) redgonzo 0 560 01-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Last Post: redgonzo
  Madsen - Jaded Tasks - Brass Plates, Black Ops & Big Oil - The Blood Politics of George Bush & Co. (2006) redgonzo 0 463 04-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Last Post: redgonzo
  George Gordon's School Of Law drehus 2 913 12-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Last Post: floyd
  Did Barry George Kill Jill Dando Tim Osman 0 314 11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Tim Osman
  The Life & Significance Of George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff Tim Osman 0 2,714 12-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Tim Osman