universe, you are one with it."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
09-29-2006, 11:58 AM,
You Are A Cosmic Being!
so true,
I AM A COSMIC BEING!!!

peace'
standvast.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

09-29-2006, 12:18 PM,
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:as an inhabitant of the universe, you are one with it
no you are not "one with the cosmos". My soup is not "one with the bowl" if it's inside it. they are two distinct things, they don't blend together.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

09-29-2006, 03:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2006, 03:31 PM by standvast.)
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:no you are not "one with the cosmos". My soup is not "one with the bowl" if it's inside it. they are two distinct things, they don't blend together.

You can't say what i am or not , don't presume you have that freedom.:(

If i where to grind both "you" and the bowl to powdered ash, you wouldn't know what "you" are anymore.
I am the soup , the bowl , and the spoon.
"Soup" = water and animal fat, and vegetable extract.
"the bowl" = a hardened mix of earth [clay] and water.
"the spoon" = a mix of metals.
nothing IS a thing in itself, except the sum of everything, and that hardly qualifies as "a thing".
everything "goes with" something else , and is part of an intricate scheme/system without which it IS NOT.
you are only Dhammer , because we choose to recognize you as such.

Just because you give some"thing" a name , doesn't mean it isn't connected to everything else.
without the contrasts and compliment of everything else, "you" wouldn't be "you".

peace'
standvast.

09-29-2006, 03:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2006, 03:42 PM by DHammer.)
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:You can't say what i am or not , don't presume you have that freedom. sad.gif
I was talking to Solve et Coagula.

Quote:If i where to grind both "you" and the bowl to powdered ash, you wouldn't know what "you" are anymore.
I am the soup , the bowl , and the spoon.
yet atoms cannot change their structure, thus the atoms im formed from are still I even if they`re used for whatever purpose. You are not the spoon, you will never become THE spoon, because the atoms that compose the spoon are simply not you. Standvast might become A spoon, but not THE spoon , what do you think ? :P
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

09-29-2006, 04:28 PM,
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Good words by Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
In that case I am a Spiritual Cosmic Being.
09-29-2006, 04:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2006, 04:31 PM by Solve et Coagula.)
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:I was talking to Solve et Coagula.

You can't say what i am or not , don't presume you have that freedom. ;)

And hey, never trust somebody who tells you that you have limits... There is no limits, my friend...

Best wishes from Switzerland

lwwb
Roger
09-29-2006, 04:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2006, 04:41 PM by standvast.)
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:yet atoms cannot change their structure, thus the atoms im formed from are still I even if they`re used for whatever purpose. You are not the spoon, you will never become THE spoon, because the atoms that compose the spoon are simply not you. Standvast might become A spoon, but not THE spoon , what do you think ? tongue.gif

I think you are stuck thinking of your "self" as matter or mind-made-image in essence, which imho we are not.
what we are in essence is all that makes the material manifestation of spoon , soup , and bowl, possible.
it is both subject and object, observer and observed.
and we are one with all, because without us existing, "things" beget no names.

@Solve-et-coagula, lol, thanks man.

peace'
standvast.

09-29-2006, 05:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2006, 05:53 PM by DHammer.)
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:I think you are stuck thinking of your "self" as matter or mind-made-image in essence, which imho we are not.
ok I get what yer saying, that everything is maya, an illusion, and what we percieve as items or objects are nothing more than a bunch of atoms put together. Everything is atoms, we are all atoms -> we are all in all.

Too bad the Bible stands opposed to this eh ? the mayans (this is where this idea started) liked to sacrifice people to pagan gods, usually they would trust out the living heart out of a human body. sick.

Quote:@Solve-et-coagula, lol, thanks man.
just because he agrees with you doesn't mean in any way that you guys are right. :Dremember that

09-29-2006, 06:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2006, 06:46 PM by standvast.)
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:Too bad the Bible stands opposed to this eh ? the mayans (this is where this idea started) liked to sacrifice people to pagan gods, usually they would trust out the living heart out of a human body. sick.

I'm not fully convinced the Bible is against this, i can't think of where in the Bible this is adressed
as a principle at all..feel free to show me scripture touching on this subject.
but start a thread " why God disproves of the concept of maya"

I also strongly doubt that it originated with the Mayans, :D
taking it that you mean "the maya peoples of old Colombia and surrounding regions" ,
who relate to the Hindu concept of "maya" in no sense at all... <_<
Pagans did other things besides ripping hearts out of bodies,. what the relevance?

peace'
standvast.

09-29-2006, 07:19 PM,
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:I also strongly doubt that it originated with the Mayans, biggrin.gif
then please by all means illuminate me :D

Quote:Pagans did other things besides ripping hearts out of bodies,. what's the relevance?
it just shows their caracter imo

Quote:feel free to show me scripture touching on this subject.

hmm.. well if everything is one, i.e. all in all, that means that God is somehow in satan too , right ? that's blasphemous (jumps 3 times, runs 3 times around the chair, does 3 times the cross sign:P ) and opposed to the Bible which teaches that there is only one God and you ain't Him.
From your persp, solid material is only concentrated soul ? i.e. like a block of ice, if it melts, it's water, and eventually "air". Same with mass. If that's true, than it's opposed to the Bible.

09-29-2006, 08:44 PM,
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Quote:29/09/2006.

".... To that end you need only change your way of thinking and
become conscious of the fact that, as an inhabitant of the
universe, you are one with it."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

you are one with it." why would I limit myself to one?

09-30-2006, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2006, 12:28 AM by standvast.)
You Are A Cosmic Being!
I also strongly doubt that it originated with the Mayans, :D

Quote:then please by all means illuminate me

aw cmon man, ever heard of: the god[s] help[s] them who help themselves and others?
replace "help" by "save" if you like it better that way.

"Mayan" is a term for either:
-an ancient civilization in ancient Colombia Peru - that region.
the people of that civilzation or their language.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_civilization

"maya" is a Hindu concept [region=ancient India],
in short it means :the illusory reality that blinds souls from realizing their oneness with everything.

wiki/Maya

not even the effort to google it for yourself?,,. truthseeker. <_<

Pagans did other things besides ripping hearts out of bodies,. what's the relevance?

Quote:it just shows their caracter imo

ripping beating hearts out of human bodies, you find caracteristic of pagans in general? gee swelll..[with guys like you , who needs the Vatican Jesuits?:LOL:]
yell 3 x 3 x 3 Hur-RA, and dance around the chair some more, heathen.

Quote:From your persp, solid material is only concentrated soul ?

no , i didn't say that.

peace'
standvast.

10-01-2006, 06:18 PM,
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Let's face it. Human sacrifice is what The Bible's all about, isn't it? Except the human involved is also supposed to be god? Moloch's worshipers sacrificed children. The Maya and others... Where did that idea come from? When I see it pervading so many cultures I really have to wonder. And then The Bible comes along and says, hey, we only need to sacrifice one human now. It's still human sacrifice. I don't really see much difference between the following images.
[Image: aztecs40.gif]
[Image: Messages.jpg]
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
10-01-2006, 11:09 PM,
You Are A Cosmic Being!
Yeah, I think that humans (as any other lifeforms) are "cosmic beings", as the nature of the world is in a way "cosmic".. it's just better to NOT go out yelling "I Am a Cosmic Being!", as you might sound like a total lunatic and get locked up somewhere :LOL:

I guess the term "cosmic consciousness" (never really liked that..) means realizing that not everything is what it seems.. everything has an order, although the hostile nature of the world never seizes to amaze me..

i guess everybody has seen some works by Alex Grey ->

[Image: praying.gif]

about Mayas and other primitive cultures (yes, they were primitive although some areas of science and culture were very well developed):

"For the Maya, blood sacrifice was necessary for the survival of both gods and people, sending human energy skyward and receiving divine power in return. A king used an obsidian knife or a stingray spine to cut his penis, allowing the blood to fall onto paper held in a bowl. Kings' wives also took part in this ritual by pulling a rope with thorns attached through their tongues. The blood-stained paper was burned, the rising smoke directly communicating with the Sky World."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cosmic Moral Law: 'As You Sow, So Shall You Reap' Solve et Coagula 1 1,072 05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
Rainbow The Cosmic Body Solve et Coagula 0 436 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  COSMIC BALANCE and the number TWO Solve et Coagula 0 262 02-23-2012, 02:39 PM
  The Cosmic Hour: The End of the 5th Sun and the Beginning of Everything Solve et Coagula 0 302 01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
  Participate in the Cosmic Convergence September 23-26, 2011! Solve et Coagula 1 726 08-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Last Post: yeti
  An Unfamiliar Cosmic Being Is Not An Enemy To Be Feared Solve et Coagula 0 309 07-31-2011, 03:21 PM
  Cosmic Love Solve et Coagula 0 450 11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
  COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS Solve et Coagula 0 618 08-29-2009, 10:47 AM
  Video: The Cosmic Womb Solve et Coagula 1 594 04-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Jobujack
  The seven Cosmic Laws of Hermes Trismegistos Solve et Coagula 0 601 01-22-2009, 03:57 PM