Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rapture
10-02-2006, 09:12 PM,
The Rapture
So what does everyone think about this little phenomena that has exploded recently into people's beliefs? From the curosy research I did on it, it seems that it only became popularized about a century ago. How did this come about and what made people feel so connected to this idea? Is it just another psyop placed to make sure people don't keep themselves independent and ready because they feel they will be saved by the Rapture if anything goes down? Is it just another way for people to feel comfortable and not have to do the hard work themselves?

Is there any Rapture believers on the board? I would love to see what you base your belief on. I've seen and heard different scripture for proof and it doesn't seem like anyone can agree on where it is described, what it is, and how it will happen. I suppose the two most popular scriptures relating to this are

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:52)

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Still I don't think that settles the debate by any means.

Discuss :D
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
10-02-2006, 09:40 PM,
The Rapture
Anyone who believes in that Rapture shite needs a fucking slap.

That is my opinon.

Its an evangelical/pentacostal/charismatic christian beleif tied in completely with the "Church of Zionism" made up of the aforementioned demoninations.
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-02-2006, 10:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2006, 10:33 PM by Smokey.)
The Rapture
The Rapture = bulls**t
10-02-2006, 10:20 PM,
The Rapture
Quote:The Rapture = bull s**t

Pure bullsh*t.
10-02-2006, 10:27 PM,
The Rapture
well it appears i've gotten quite the board concensus:D

I should of figured everyone here was smart enough to see this was bullshit, but i figured maybe dhammer or someone would be into debating it.
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
10-02-2006, 10:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2006, 10:59 PM by standvast.)
The Rapture
Rapture, from the Latin word rapere
to "take forcefully", hence where the English word "rape"comes from.

happy second comings..

peace'
standvast.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

10-03-2006, 12:51 AM,
The Rapture
The rapture mentality is extremely sedductive for so many reasons... it fosters an elitist "better than others" attitude in believers and lets them feel superior in every way. Beyond that it pulls at the strings of some of the deepest parts of human nature... the animalistic part of us, the Mr Hyde, the instinctual ferocity which helps us survive in emergencies but is subverted and kept in check by societal compliance. In essence, bloodlust. It awakes this without the usual shame because at the same time they are looking down on those not in their club as less than human. Lets also not forget the complete absolvement of any responsibility.

Mind control at its finest and you better believe those propagating the madness are reaping massive rewards. If you did a little checking I am quite certain you'd find that nearly all of these end of the world types are quite heavilly invested in the future.
10-03-2006, 01:17 AM,
The Rapture
The "snatching away" is in the Bible. The important thing is the return of Jesus Christ; the 'rapture' will happen at his return. To those who just mock and reject: are you really serious researchers for truth?

Remember, Jesus was "snatched away" into heaven after his resurrection. Is it really so hard to grasp, that God could do this again with those who trust in Him?

Quote:The Rapture is an event in certain systems of Christian eschatology (the study of the end times) in which it is believed that all born again Christians will be taken from Earth by Jesus Christ into Heaven. Although almost all forms of Christianity believe that those who are "saved" will enter Heaven, the term "rapture" is usually applied specifically to the belief that Christians will be "taken" into heaven. The timing of "when" the rapture will take place is the key point often discussed and debated between denominations. One belief ("dispensationalist" or "futurist" interpretations) is that the rapture will take place at an unknown period of time prior to the beginning of the seven year tribulation, and that at that time only non-Christians will be left on the earth. However, according to the dispensationalist view, many will come to know Christ during the time of the tribulation, before he returns to set up His Kingdom of God/earthly kingdom. Others believe that the rapture will be a very audible and visible event which takes place after the events of the tribulation, right at the Second Coming of Christ in which the righteous will be taken up in the clouds to meet Christ upon his return.
Quote:The word "rapture" comes from the same root as rapt: the Latin verb rapere, or the adjective raeptius[1], which means "carried away by force, caught up". The 405 AD Vulgate translation used it in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, which is the main biblical reference usually quoted for the Rapture event. The specific form used is rapiemur, "we shall be caught up", translating the original Greek harpagēsometha (ἁρπαγησόμεθα) (passive voice, future tense of harpazō (ἁρπάζω): "snatch away, carry off.")

However, the word "rapture" itself is not found anywhere in English Bible translations nor its original Greek or Hebrew documents.

Tsoldrin Wrote:The rapture mentality is extremely sedductive for so many reasons... it fosters an elitist "better than others" attitude
The rapture teaching as popularized by the Left Behind series and as taught by some of the high profile TV preachers is often far removed from the biblical teaching. I can understand your misconceptions, if your evaluation is based on that. Many of todays "big name" ministers have been exposed to be Freemasons or have been controlled by the Jesuits/Vatican.

The focus and overemphasis of the rapture teaching is wrong. The biblical early church taught about the return of Christ, the rapture is just an incidental part. True Christians live their life by the grace of God, not looking down on others, but in thankfulness. The 'escape from responsibilty' impression is created by the false teaching, that all true believers will be snatched away before the real trouble starts. This has been used to lull mainstream neo-evangelical Christians into a false sense of security.
'Prove and scrutinize all things; hold fast that which is good.'
'And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.' Paul of Tarsus

Rise to a higher plane? Look here
10-03-2006, 01:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2006, 01:57 AM by harflimon.)
The Rapture
Ok, but why has the idea of a rapture only come into existance in the past century. Going off that wiki article it was created in 1909 by an evangelist.

Quote:In 1908, the doctrine of the rapture was further popularized by an evangelist named William Eugene Blackstone, whose book "Jesus is Coming" sold more than one million copies[1], and then by its inclusion in the Scofield Reference Bible in 1909.

Why didn't Jesus himself talk of a rapture? Why would Jesus and God want good christians to be brought away instead of here trying to save others and fighting the devil? And isn't it true that after Jesus's coming there will be 1000 years of peace and the Kingdom of God will come to earth. If so then why would you want to be raptured away?

I'm interested what exact scripture makes you believe in the rapture? Is it the thessolian or another one?

-triplesix
10-03-2006, 03:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2006, 03:42 AM by deathstickboy.)
The Rapture
The biggest problem with that is that there are no end times.

Jesus was "the Lamb of God" sacrificed for the last time at the end of the age of Aries, and the begining of the age of Pisces, which is now nearing its end as well.

You know the little "jesus fish" an important symbol for early christians (as in pre-Nicean Creed) which is still used today, often as a bumper magnet on the backs of peoples vehicles or adorning modern christian literature?

[Image: vesicapisceseo1.gif]

[Image: scan0039ct8.gif]
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-03-2006, 08:16 AM,
The Rapture
I think rapture is a natural phenomenon of the earth cycles that benefits some and causes harm to others. Changes in the Schumann's resonance could have that effect.
I think the christian interpretation of it is way off. Jesus ain't coming back!
To suppose that there exists a mechanism which allows for the Ultimate Creator of everything in existence to manifest himself (or his "son",) on Earth (AGAIN) is not only illogical and irrational but also plain _stupid_. And to suppose that the Ultimate Creator is a "person" with a will somehow comparable to the free will us humans have is even more stupid.
Just my humble opinion for ya;)
Knowledge moves mountains. Belief makes slaves.

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. -- Tao Te Ching
10-03-2006, 12:23 PM,
The Rapture
Maybe THE RAPTURE is a big STARGATE WORMHOLE that opens up and takes people, YEAH! That cool man!
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
10-10-2006, 01:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2006, 01:25 AM by DHammer.)
The Rapture
Quote:Rapture, from the Latin word rapere
to "take forcefully", hence where the English word "rape"comes from.

happy second comings..

peace'
standvast.

just remember that this exact word is nowhere to be found in the Bible.
Quote:are you really serious researchers for truth?
i've been here for quite some time now, and I have to say that any kind of conversion attempt is impossible on these forums, for I think noone changed their beliefs, ever. I haven't seen at least one who did. It's not necesarily a bad thing, it just shows that this is going nowhere.

Everyone here is either seeking some new knowledge reguarding his particular take on the world and how it works, preach, or to simply hang out. Most of us , knowingly or not, want to have our ideas accepted and agreed uppon by others. That's all what this is, strenghten your faith in whatever you believe.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-10-2006, 05:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2006, 05:23 AM by harflimon.)
The Rapture
Quote:i've been here for quite some time now, and I have to say that any kind of conversion attempt is impossible on these forums, for I think noone changed their beliefs, ever. I haven't seen at least one who did. It's not necesarily a bad thing, it just shows that this is going nowhere.

Everyone here is either seeking some new knowledge reguarding his particular take on the world and how it works, preach, or to simply hang out. Most of us , knowingly or not, want to have our ideas accepted and agreed uppon by others. That's all what this is, strenghten your faith in whatever you believe.

Untrue. You have to realize that even though the people doing the arguing may not ever change their minds, there are those that just read the comments and never post. They usually haven't made up their minds and use our posts as serious research to seek out their beliefs. Or they use our posts to seek more truth within their own view.

Just because they don't make themselves noticed doesn't mean they aren't there. I guess the religious forum has a lot more stubborness and set belief system, but it's apparent around the forum that there are many who never even post, but still take in everything we say and evaluate it.

BTW you would be surprised how much people beliefs are changed in subtle small ways due to peer debate. Just because your beliefs never change doesn't mean ours don't...

Edit- quote got messed up:P

-triplesix
10-10-2006, 05:53 AM,
The Rapture
Quote:BTW you would be surprised how much people beliefs are changed in subtle small ways due to peer debate. Just because your beliefs never change doesn't mean ours don't...

Indeed. Don't include the rest of us in that opinion of yours DHammer.