Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The God Gene
10-03-2006, 08:48 PM,
The God Gene
Is faith hardwire into mankind? Uh....perhaps only mankind

http://www.carlzimmer.com/articles/2004/ar...2004_hamer.html
10-05-2006, 06:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2006, 06:23 AM by saunatonttu.)
The God Gene
Beliefs are inherited. That's why, for every person that starts to reject religious idiocy, there's less chance of his children becoming religious. It may take centuries, but religious people will become extinct. People will come to their senses eventually. I'm seeing it in my country right now, as more and more people are leaving the church that was imposed on them by murder and pillage more than half a millennium a go.
Knowledge moves mountains. Belief makes slaves.

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. -- Tao Te Ching
10-05-2006, 11:45 AM,
The God Gene
Organized religion has nothing to do with what this thread is talking about...nothing at all.

Faith in God is hardwired into the genes of mankind, perhaps reptiles will rule the world but this world is passing away, then what?
10-05-2006, 12:02 PM,
The God Gene
Matter of interpretation, don't you think?
Every living creature intrinsically "knows God", but the religious version of that knowing is false.

10-05-2006, 12:22 PM,
The God Gene
Quote:Matter of interpretation, don't you think?
Every living creature intrinsically "knows God", but the religious version of that knowing is false.

I believe the knowing of God transcends organized religions, yes.

However, I personally believe that not all who one would say are human are of God or know God.
10-06-2006, 03:16 AM,
The God Gene
I would say there must be something within the human makeup that must cause us to at least have some sort of predespisition towards some higher spirutual being, but whether that can be attributed to a particular gene or genes is not something i'm sure I agree with. I would just sort of lump that in with tthe intangiables of what it is to be human, that sort of essense or soul which I don't think can be attributed to any particular body part.
10-06-2006, 07:27 AM,
The God Gene
Quote:I would say there must be something within the human makeup that must cause us to at least have some sort of predespisition towards some higher spirutual being, but whether that can be attributed to a particular gene or genes is not something i'm sure I agree with. I would just sort of lump that in with tthe intangiables of what it is to be human, that sort of essense or soul which I don't think can be attributed to any particular body part.

You should download some Bruce Lipton material and see if changes your mind...

10-12-2006, 05:32 AM,
The God Gene
Define God. Define Spirutual. Define Essense. Define Soul.

The love of God penetrated the third veil and became the Seed of Souls within the Soul Sea. The body of man God made of water and things of the Earth, breathing into him the Spirit of Life, that he might live. But man, when young, lived only to eat and drink and to fornicate, for, being conscious only of the Earth, he knew only earthly things and earthly ways.
10-12-2006, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2006, 12:20 PM by DHammer.)
The God Gene
hmm... I don't know about any God gene but I DO know that once one you get saved, your DNA changes (this info is based on what the witneses actually said). I'm not sure what happends but it changes somehow, nor do I know if it's related to this God gene you`re talking about. Could be ... by the way, when I say "saved" I mean regenerated, not converted.

Deuteronomy 29:29
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-12-2006, 01:47 PM,
The God Gene
Quote:hmm... I don't know about any God gene but I DO know that once one you get saved, your DNA changes (this info is based on what the witneses actually said). I'm not sure what happends but it changes somehow, nor do I know if it's related to this God gene you`re talking about. Could be ... by the way, when I say "saved" I mean regenerated, not converted.

Deuteronomy 29:29
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

There is a book out that I cant remember the name of, however, it details how the human brain is hardwired not to accept death and instead needs to believe that there is something beyond here.

Also, if the bible is true and god loves us...why are there so many trap doors in the rulebook for us to fail?

As well, if its true, then where did they put all the animal shit from noah's ark which would have held 200,000 x 2 different species on its journey?
10-12-2006, 06:05 PM,
The God Gene
Quote:Also, if the bible is true and god loves us...why are there so many trap doors in the rulebook for us to fail?
Because one has to search for Him with "all your mind soul and strength" to find out the truth. I'm not the one saying that, and it's what God decided. We as humans do not deserve a "way out" or "salvation", that's called "grace" , unmerited kindness and love.

Quote:As well, if its true, then where did they put all the animal shit from Noah's ark which would have held 200,000 x 2 different species on its journey?
Noah's a name and it's spelled with a capital letter ;)
I could explain this to you myself but it's a bit offtopic, and the question is very common, so why not check this site for answers :

How did Noah fit the animals in the ark
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-12-2006, 06:14 PM,
The God Gene
Uh....if god created us all then god would have us all come back to it.

There is no such thing as noah's ark...and I spell it with a small because its a fictional character. Even nowaways there is no way you could put so many animals on one vessel and have the animals be peaceful with each other, be able to feed and water them correctly and correctly clean their kennels soas to not infect the air and areas with bacteria.

I cleaned animal kennels for years and know that there is no way you can put more than a city zoo's worth of animals on a boat and expect them all to live. Think about it 40 days and 40 nights and not one species was lost?

bullshit.

It makes me sad that people in this day and age of technology cant go out and find the answers that are true instead of believing in the bedtime stories they were told.

Fear is the only thing holding you back from the truth.
10-13-2006, 02:15 AM,
The God Gene
Mortal knowledge is circumscribed by mortal ignorance, and mortal comprehension is circumscribed by spiritual reality. It is unwise for mortal man to attempt the understanding of that which is beyond his conception, for there lies the road to disbelief and madness. Yet man is man and ever fated to reach out beyond himself, striving to attain things which always just elude his grasp. So in his frustration he replaces the dimly seen incomprehensible with things within his understanding. If these things but poorly reflect reality, then is not the reflection of reality, distorted though it may be, of greater value than no reflection at all?

There are no true beginnings on Earth, for here all is effect, the ultimate cause being elsewhere. For who among men can say which came first, the seed or the plant? Yet in truth it is neither, for something neither seed nor plant preceded both, and that thing was also preceded by something else. Always there are ancestors back to the beginning, and back beyond to there is only God. This, then, is how these things were told in The Great Book of The Sons of Fire.

Before the beginning there was only one consciousness, that of The Eternal One whose nature cannot be expressed in words. It was The One Sole Spirit, The Self Generator which cannot diminish. The Unknown, Unknowable One brooding solitary in profound pregnant silence.

The name which is uttered cannot be that of this Great Being who, remaining nameless, is the beginning and the end, beyond time, beyond the reach of mortals, and we in our simplicity call it God.

He who preceded all existed alone in His strange abode of uncreated light, which remains ever unextinguishable, and no understandable eye can ever behold it. The pulsating draughts of the eternal life light in His keeping were not yet loosed. He knew Himself alone, He was uncontrasted, unable to manifest in nothingness, for all within His Being was unexpressed potential.

The Great Circles of Eternity were yet to be spun out, to be thrown forth as the endless ages of existence in substance. They were to begin with God and return to Him completed in infinite variety and expression.
10-13-2006, 02:33 AM,
The God Gene
http://www.newciv.org/nl/newslog.php/_v263...0263-000005.htm
10-13-2006, 02:35 AM,
The God Gene
Quote:http://www.newciv.org/nl/newslog.php/_v263...0263-000005.htm
Thats not it, and The Sons Of Fire Is ancient Eqyptian manuscript that was found, only few people have copies of it. Look up The Kolbrin.