Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada Troops Battle 10-foot Afghan Marijuana Plants
10-13-2006, 05:07 PM,
Cannabis plants prevent warfare - stand tall for peace, block tanks and guns

[Image: 4835-TanksAndMarijuana.jpg]
OTTAWA - Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of 10-feet (three metre) high marijuana plants.

General Rick Hillier, chief of the Canadian defence staff, said on Thursday that Taliban fighters were using the forests as cover. In response, the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana.

"The challenge is that marijuana plants absorb energy, heat very readily. It's very difficult to penetrate with thermal devices ... and as a result you really have to be careful that the Taliban don't dodge in and out of those marijuana forests," he said in a speech in Ottawa.

"We tried burning them with white phosphorous -- it didn't work. We tried burning them with diesel -- it didn't work. The plants are so full of water right now ... that we simply couldn't burn them," he said.

Even successful incineration had its drawbacks.

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those (forests) did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hillier said dryly.

One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

* Actual photo caption: Around fields of corn and marijuana, armoured vehicles provide perimeter security for Canadian soldiers patrolling in and around the village of Kolk in Afghanistan's Panjwaii District, September 14, 2006. Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of marijuana plants. REUTERS/Canadian Forces/Sgt Lou Penney/Handout

- Article from Reuters.co.uk
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
10-14-2006, 12:11 AM,
Haha! Mother Nature in her element.

Smoke a little, don't be greedy.
[Image: warprofiteers.jpg]
“I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free.
The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary,
its necessary premise and confirmation.” - Mikhael Bakunin
10-14-2006, 08:30 PM,
Amazing! Didn't imagine that MJ would come in so handy in querilla warfare. May wanna remember that for later... :)Cheers for the story... B)
General Brainquirks:http://1phil4everyill.wordpress.com

Mind control imbued by movies:http://predictiveprogramminginmovies.blogspot.com

Movers and Shakers of the SMOM:http://moversandshakersofthesmom.blogspot...identity.html
10-14-2006, 09:39 PM,
There's support for growing hemp if ever it was needed! Not only is it a medicine/cloth/fuel/food/fun it also masks heat signitures.
[Image: warprofiteers.jpg]
“I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free.
The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary,
its necessary premise and confirmation.” - Mikhael Bakunin
10-15-2006, 02:15 AM,
If you have to destroy hemp when fighting an enemy, you are on the wrong fuckin' side...
:LOL:

Canadians should be smoking weed at home, not trying to burn it down with white phosphorus in Afganistan....:angry:
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-15-2006, 09:20 AM,
Quote:But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hillier said dryly.

whahah, "ill effect" ,

Quote:the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana.

They hung some near dry cones at the air intake duct of the Abrahams?:Dsmart move..

Quote:Canadians should be smoking weed at home, not trying to burn it down with white phosphorus in Afganistan.... mad.gif

Yeah, talk about screwin up your crops by using chemicals.. idots..
no one thinks of renting or flying in a combine harvester..:rolleyes:

peace'
standvast.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

10-15-2006, 05:16 PM,
Thanks for that tidbit. I didn't know Canada had WMD's if that's what white phosphorous is classed as. In any case, my nation is prepared to use chemical weapons on civilian populations. :angry:
10-15-2006, 06:34 PM,
[Image: 1306109-potsoldiers.jpg]
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
10-15-2006, 06:44 PM,
Quote:Thanks for that tidbit. I didn't know Canada had WMD's if that's what white phosphorous is classed as. In any case, my nation is prepared to use chemical weapons on civilian populations. :angry:

Yes its hard to reject our Canadian "Our troops are Doves" sort of programming we get, our Millitary is not much different from the US millitary when all is said and done.

Although from what I understand WP is "allowed" by the Geneva convention for non-urban battle feild use.
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-19-2006, 05:08 AM,
Quote:
Quote:Thanks for that tidbit. I didn't know Canada had WMD's if that's what white phosphorous is classed as. In any case, my nation is prepared to use chemical weapons on civilian populations. :angry:

Yes its hard to reject our Canadian "Our troops are Doves" sort of programming we get, our Millitary is not much different from the US millitary when all is said and done.

Although from what I understand WP is "allowed" by the Geneva convention for non-urban battle feild use.

The thing that makes me laugh is that fact that the taliban government that was there almost eradicated opuim production in their country, lol. Sure they might have been oppressive, but what government isn't and the U.S. is no exception to that rule. As for the canadian military, alot of us don't support our role in afganistan. The last election we had here there were two choices, the devil you know and the devil you don't know. Unfortunitely, we chose the devil we didn't know and he's crawling up bushes ass like you wouldn't believe. But on the lighter side, If I was over there, I'd be shipping that stuff to my buddies back home in the biggest crates I could find, lol. Weed Forever, lol.
10-19-2006, 05:27 AM,
umm 36% of the Voters in our country chose the Neo-Conservative Party of Kana-duh, electing what is now called "the New Government of Canada" so we did not really "choose him" especially since he is a CFR/Bilderberg puppet in the fuckin' first place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information The Globalist agenda behind Marijuana Legalization FastTadpole 12 2,290 02-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Last Post: thokling
  Israel debates legalizing medical marijuana mothandrust 2 689 12-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Last Post: mothandrust
  Uruguay: Lawmakers Authorize Marijuana Production And Sales Easy Skanking 8 1,515 12-14-2013, 03:28 AM
Last Post: pax681
Smile U.S. allows states to legalize recreational marijuana within limits Easy Skanking 4 1,102 09-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Last Post: thokling
  United Nations threatens Colorado, Washington state over marijuana decriminalization Easy Skanking 0 784 11-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Colorado’s War on Medical Marijuana h3rm35 1 908 11-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Last Post: CSIWEMBLEY
  Colorado legalizes marijuana for anyone over 21 April 2 879 11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  2012: Historic Year for Marijuana Reform on the Ballot h3rm35 31 5,102 10-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Swordfish
  HACKED STRATFOR EMAILS: DEA Told To Back Off From The Brother Of Afghan President h3rm35 0 611 09-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Swat team shoots ex-marine 71 Times in Marijuana raid – No Marijuana found April 1 989 09-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Last Post: h3rm35