Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do We Know That Christians Are Delusional?
10-14-2006, 11:54 PM,
At least he didn't insult hades! everyone knows that we ought to go back to worshipping the Olympian gods. Zeus is angry!
[Image: warprofiteers.jpg]
“I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free.
The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary,
its necessary premise and confirmation.” - Mikhael Bakunin
10-15-2006, 12:43 AM,
So I'm delusional am I? What does that make the atheist cheering on fox news?
10-15-2006, 01:11 AM,
Are muslims/hindu's/any religion not your own delusional for following that belife? And cheering atheists on foxnews are dumb. Anything to do with fox is dumb. At least ABC's subliminal messaging is relaxing and reassuring.
The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary,
10-15-2006, 01:44 AM,
I do not think any particular religous group is delusional (maybe some cults), only the people who take everything literally in they're bibles and manuscripts and stuff, and call it the obsolute truth. They then live by it word for word lol.
10-15-2006, 02:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2006, 02:58 AM by psilocybin.)
That was awesome.

Although in the same vein, one could say conspiracy theorists are delusional.

Reality is a delusion
10-15-2006, 06:24 AM,
Which is why I cannot accept any belife unless it stands all tests. Some are easy to disprove, others, either the evidence is hard to get or something else stops the truth from being shown. And if a belife stands up to scruntiny, it is a truth.
10-15-2006, 06:49 AM,
being a christian i have one Q? to ask you

prove thier is no GOD
[Image: 20-mugger.gif]
10-15-2006, 08:28 AM,
The video strictly deals with exoteric litteral interpretations of religious books,
Any religion or belief can be titled "delusional" by a group of outsiders..
There is a difference between "supersticion" and completely disregarding anything "magical" /unexplained.

Quote:Are muslims/hindu's/any religion not your own delusional for following that belife?

No they are not delusional, they are of another part of the whole, we are either all delusional ,
or nobody is and the combined sum of our beliefs /existances can not be tested to an outward
disattached [divine] being's experience, so ,..all we have is human perspectives.
[personally i don't think we are delusional, we are merely coping with settling in
the realisation that we are not in any sense omnipotent or capable of being all-knowing,
.. something God figured it out for "himself" allready.

To believe "truth" or "reality"/ "everything in existance"
is composed of only "things" we know for fact , or can rationalise
or can discern by our 5 senses , or can classify , give a name, break down to atoms...
is just as delusional as the examples of delusion in the video... Why?
Because one has to be supersticious about ones own abbilities to believe ALL THAT IS
can be registered and comprehended by humans, a delusional level of unwarrented self-confidence.
We know not all sound is audible to us, we know we have limited [peripheral] vision,
We can't explain the thoughts, beliefs, architecture, reality of our ancestors properly,
let alone recreate them or function in harmony with [our] nature ,
yet "we" consider ourselves at the pinnacle of evolved species, And in our Arrogance
equate it to the top of our envisioned Universal pyramidic food chain.
This confidence is based on observable and computable data only, the base only seems solid
because we stick to what we "know" cognitivly, it disregards that there may be "things" in existance
which can not be computed /understood upon this base, it's Delusion is the
assumption that the overview of reality as a whole is right /factual / real , while knowing it
is incomplete , by the fact that new interpretations and methods of description / new data
constantly improves on / adds to / disproves / overrides older data.

peace'
standvast.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

10-15-2006, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2006, 11:48 AM by DHammer.)
Quote:only the people who take everything literally in they're bibles and manuscripts and stuff, and call it the obsolute truth.

ohhhh, and why is that ? Why is taking the Bible literally a delusional thing ? Who decides if the Bible is to be taken literally or figuratively ? YOU ? No. The Bible does say it's the absolute truth, so what you`re saying there scares me. What kind of Christian would not believe that ?
Quote:Any religion or belief can be titled "delusional" by a group of outsiders..

exactly, and just because some decide to do that it doesn't mean anything, nor does it affect the truth. Truth is truth.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-15-2006, 01:37 PM,
I'm going to go with we are all delusional.

And I declare "obsolute truth" to be the word of the day. :)
10-15-2006, 01:51 PM,
Quote:I'm going to go with we are all delusional.

I wait for dsb to come and quote you (like he quotes me) by saying : "Don't include the rest of us in that opinion of yours tsoldrin." :D
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-15-2006, 02:15 PM,
The burden of proof is on you. I'm not claiming a god exists, but you are. Do you have the evidence to support your claims?

Quote:A friend, an intelligent lapsed Jew who observes the Sabbath for reasons of cultural solidarity, describes himself as a Tooth Fairy Agnostic. He will not call himself an atheist because it is in principle impossible to prove a negative. But "agnostic" on its own might suggest that he though God's existence or non-existence equally likely. In fact, though strictly agnostic about god, he considers God's existence no more probable than the Tooth Fairy's.
Bertrand Russell used a hypothetical teapot in orbit about Mars for the same didactic purpose. You have to be agnostic about the teapot, but that doesn't mean you treat the likelihood of its existence as being on all fours with its non-existence.
The list of things about which we strictly have to be agnostic doesn't stop at tooth fairies and celestial teapots. It is infinite. If you want to believe in a particular one of them -- teapots, unicorns, or tooth fairies, Thor or Yahweh -- the onus is on you to say why you believe in it. The onus is not on the rest of us to say why we do not. We who are atheists are also a-fairyists, a-teapotists, and a-unicornists, but we don't' have to bother saying so.
-- Richard Dawkins, following a list of excerpts from hate mail sent to the editor of Freethought Today, after she won a separationist court battle, in "A Challenge To Atheists: Come Out of the Closet" (Free Inquiry, Summer, 2002) paragraph division added ††

Agnostic is a wishy washy term, I'm happy enough to claim I am both atheist when it comes to the tooth fairy, gods, and the teapot orbiting mars.

Conspiracy theroies, such as a bunch of muslims blew up three towers in new york with 2 767's or that the USS Liberty was attacked by mistake by Israeli forces, are delusions, people beliving in them do not question the offical story, and anyone searching for the truth is a crazy whackjob not fit for derision.

You know, I never really get to ask theists this, but I will as there's a few on this forum: You subscribe to one religion, by doing this you are a heritic/indifel/non believer in other religions. Many religions state the punishment for disbelife is to suffer in their underworld/hades/hells.

When you die, will you end up in their underworld? Which underworld will you end up in? Will underworlds fight for your soul? Does anything about this seem absurd?
10-15-2006, 02:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2006, 02:36 PM by DHammer.)
Quote:When you die, will you end up in their underworld? Which underworld will you end up in? Will underworlds fight for your soul? Does anything about this seem absurd?
only one of them is true. The rest are there to make the public disgusted by so many options.

When you have a man saying 9/11 was an inside job with 100% proof, then you, as a government agent, send people out to talk about other, more "wacky" conspiracies, such as NO PLANES in the towers, or the elite is REPTILIAN (just an example). Obviously truth is only one. The elite can't be both human and reptilian.

One of the two theories are a lie. Same goes with hell hades underworld. Only one of them is true. Its up to us to find out which.

10-15-2006, 02:43 PM,
Quote:When you have a man saying 9/11 was an inside job with 100% proof, then you, as a government agent, send people out to talk about other, more "wacky" conspiracies, such as NO PLANES in the towers, or the elite is REPTILIAN (just an example). Obviously truth is only one. The elite can't be both human and reptilian.

When you have a man saying he's the son of God the allmighty,
or a group of men claiming to have witnessed and been taught by the One son of the allmighty,
then you as roman government, will send out missionaries to instruct the common folk with and understandable
simplyfied "wacko" version of what this man said. such as a litteral place of flame and a fallen angel demon
(just an example) "Obviously" only one of them is true?
The elite can't be both human and THE DEVIL..:D

peace'
standvast.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

10-15-2006, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2006, 03:03 PM by DHammer.)
Quote:then you as roman government, will send out missionaries to instruct the common folk with and understandable
simplyfied "wacko" version of what this man said. such as a literal place of flame and a fallen angel demon
(just an example) "Obviously" only one of them is true?

in a godless world yes, that's what would probably happen. However I believe this is not the case, because there is no proof for the contrary, rather, FOR it than against it. I agree that your theory may sound to some reasonable but that's all it is , a theory , if there is no proof.
The Enemy Wrote:The burden of proof is on you. I'm not claiming a god exists, but you are. Do you have the evidence to support your claims?

How do you know a building was built ? There had to be a builder. How do you know a painting was painted (by one that paints) ? There had to be a painter. How do you know the human race was created ? There had to be a creator.

The universe is governed by laws. They can be bent sometimes, but not broken. Law implies a law giver , thus God exists. The only question that remains is : Do we have an IMPERSONAL or a PERSONAL God? Does this God have a personality or is He neutral ? I could go on but I`ll stop here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians are Killers mexika 12 1,896 08-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Last Post: plasticfan
  A Question for Christians on God Nyte 122 12,980 07-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
  How do we know that Christians are delusional? sockpuppet 61 5,424 01-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Last Post: triplesix
  Pat Robertson's Christians: NAFTA Highway Is Holy! MikeWB 2 512 12-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Last Post: nixed
  Why are Christians so insecure?, The Secret mothandrust 72 6,514 11-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Last Post: jack
  Why are Christians so insecure ? jack 165 19,197 10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Last Post: faust
  If Christ was a rebel, why are most Christians CONFORMISTS? Solve et Coagula 31 2,876 08-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Last Post: psilocybin
  Christians And Jesus! Love All, For The First 2 Hours Of Sunday Morning? hardboiled11 13 1,351 05-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Last Post: hardboiled11
  Exposing Satan's Final Solution For Christians ov3rkomer 18 1,968 10-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Last Post: DHammer
  Christians And Muslims Visit Holy Sites In Turkey 0 371 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: