Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Is Venezuela Investing So Much Money In Guns?
10-17-2006, 05:48 PM,
well, the discussion began HERE

Venezuela has bought guns and equipment for 4 billion dollars, this includes airfighters submarines amnd that is just the official account (which is always bellow the actual money spent)

when asked, President Chaves said he was preparing for an eventual invasion from USA, but that reason seems not to be coherent because they can not have the power to face US militar power.

Others speculate that Venezuela is planning a future invasion of Colombia with the help of the colombian Guerrillas, but again, that will give USA the excuse to invade venezuela... then why is Venezuela arming itself ??

Chaves said last week that in an eventual invasion from USA to cuba or Iran, it will be venezuelan blood running in those soils defending his friends... so I think, is Venezuela preparing to be a part of a greater war plan?

they are, for the time being becoming the major military force in south america...
[Image: yet12.jpg]
10-18-2006, 10:03 AM,
Quote:but that reason seems not to be coherent because they can not have the power to face US militar power.

Alone, no. On the other hand, they're doing exactly what Iran and North Korea are doing, which is to make the prospect of a military campaign by the United States an unattractive one. Looking at Iraq, Afghanistan, and Lebanon as examples will tell you all you need to know about how effectively the disadvantaged side can fight an asymmetrical war, especially given the overwhelming public support of Hugo Chavez in Venezuela and throughout South America.
10-18-2006, 01:55 PM,
The are up against Guatemaula for a place on the UN security counsel, perhaps they buy the guns to show that they are proactive towards this nomination.
10-18-2006, 06:09 PM,
Quote:The are up against Guatemaula for a place on the UN security counsel, perhaps they buy the guns to show that they are proactive towards this nomination.
I don´t think that´s the case, they began tu boy guns way before they even knew they would havwe a chance for a seat in the security counsel
10-18-2006, 06:14 PM,
My guess would be then...

Revolution.
10-18-2006, 07:37 PM,
i say let them buy as many weapons as they want we need someone to oppose the US in the future.
10-18-2006, 08:10 PM,
Quote:i say let them buy as many weapons as they want we need someone to oppose the US in the future.
hehehe you sday that because you dont have venezuela as neighbor:(
10-18-2006, 10:08 PM,
Quote:
Quote:but that reason seems not to be coherent because they can not have the power to face US militar power.

Alone, no. On the other hand, they're doing exactly what Iran and North Korea are doing, which is to make the prospect of a military campaign by the United States an unattractive one. Looking at Iraq, Afghanistan, and Lebanon as examples will tell you all you need to know about how effectively the disadvantaged side can fight an asymmetrical war, especially given the overwhelming public support of Hugo Chavez in Venezuela and throughout South America.

I agree with mifune here....

As far as Venezuela trying to get a place on the UN security counsel, that has failed
Truth sets you free. Lies enslave you. Spread the truth, spread freedom!
10-20-2006, 05:55 PM,
an Update, yesterday a bomb exploded in the parking lot of the Military University in Bogota, President Uribe blamed the FARC and inmediatelly broke any peace talk and declared militar action against the guerrillas

some people here thinks it was USA's CIA the one that perpetrated the terrorist attack and gave the information that guerrilla leaderas are in Venezuela, USA wants a war between Colombia and Venezuela so that USA can use it as an excuse to invade venezuela
10-20-2006, 08:42 PM,
Quote:Why Is Venezuela Investing So Much Money In Guns?

If you had such a threat from the U.S.A and it's allies from Europe you would consider it a normal thing to do as a country if you lived there, heck even american's are stocking up, dont believe me? just ask tsoldrin, he knows!
10-20-2006, 08:56 PM,
Quote:

If you had such a threat from the U.S.A and it's allies from Europe you would consider it a normal thing to do as a country if you lived there, heck even american's are stocking up, dont believe me? just ask tsoldrin, he knows!
why is venezuela such a threat to the USA?, and, by buying so much guns aren't they just becoming a real threat?
10-20-2006, 10:04 PM,
Quote:
Quote:

why is venezuela such a threat to the USA?, and, by buying so much guns aren't they just becoming a real threat?

Come on man, work it out! Because they are buying guns isnt a threat atall to America, look at America and their guns (Wouldnt you consider them the biggest threat in the world to anyone?), the ones they have sold and bought,not to mention the u.k here too with its own military.The real threat (to the Bush bollox admin and other governments) is that Venezuelians are thinking for themselves making their own descisions, not agreeing with the neo con bullshit both u.k & u.s.a side!
That is the real threat (and its not even a real threat) and so what if they are buying loads of guns, they are taking precautions! The propper logic is, VENEZUELA are not even a threat, their actions are not a threat, its not a threat full stop! Need to stop thinking like the Neo's that every other nation in actions are a threat to humanity when they are not, the media twists shit up, the governments bullshit. You really think Venezuela could take out the u.s.a? See , there is no threat, it is the fucking coperations getting greedy.
10-20-2006, 10:15 PM,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Come on man, work it out! Because they are buying guns isnt a threat atall to America, look at America and their guns (Wouldnt you consider them the biggest threat in the world to anyone?), the ones they have sold and bought,not to mention the u.k here too with its own military.The real threat (to the Bush bollox admin and other governments) is that Venezuelians are thinking for themselves making their own descisions, not agreeing with the neo con bullshit both u.k & u.s.a side!
That is the real threat (and its not even a real threat) and so what if they are buying loads of guns, they are taking precautions! The propper logic is, VENEZUELA are not even a threat, their actions are not a threat, its not a threat full stop! Need to stop thinking like the Neo's that every other nation in actions are a threat to humanity when they are not, the media twists shit up, the governments bullshit. You really think Venezuela could take out the u.s.a? See , there is no threat, it is the fucking coperations getting greedy.
you are missing the point, i have never said venezuela is a treath to USA , I say is a threat to Colombia
10-20-2006, 10:23 PM,
USA practically own columbia dude! Just ask the CIA.
The reeking stench of corruption runs deep.
It's like Britain owns South Africa still, yet there is so much denial.
I didnt misunderstand anything believe me.
10-20-2006, 10:30 PM,
Quote:USA practically own columbia dude! Just ask the CIA.
The reeking stench of corruption runs deep.
It's like Britain owns South Africa still, yet there is so much denial.
I didnt misunderstand anything believe me.
yeah but you obviouslly knows nothing about the Venezuela-Colombia conflict in history, about the fights over the Maracaibo gulf, about Fragata Caldas and the time we were prepare to war..about monjes island

here in colombia soldiers are trained in operations emulating a possible invasion

usa may control colonmbia but is doubtfull they will fight for us, specially in the Bush Admionistration and especially with all the problems they have today in irak

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Ukraine, then Venezuela, then Ecuador, Bolivia, Brazil . . . China? mexika 2 315 03-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Last Post: mexika
Question Does your government hand out guns ? CharliePrime 0 272 09-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  GUNS BANNED AT APARTMENT shortwave 5 494 08-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Last Post: stiffy
  Venezuela's Maduro urges Obama to halt "plot" against rival mexika 0 355 04-11-2013, 01:59 AM
Last Post: mexika
  Venezuela’s Oil Refinery Blaze: Seven Good Reasons to Suspect Sabotage icosaface 1 477 09-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Washington increases Clandestine Ops against Venezuela h3rm35 2 1,026 01-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Exclamation US and Colombia on the Brink of Attacking Venezuela h3rm35 10 1,629 11-16-2010, 03:22 AM
  Iran, Venezuela leaders seek 'new world order' dicktater 1 551 10-22-2010, 12:26 AM
  British guns used against Nato forces in Afghanistan TriWooOx 1 622 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Last Post: kevlar
  Pentagon Bracing for a Snap Offensive Against Venezuela h3rm35 0 399 02-20-2010, 09:59 PM