Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proove To Me Prayer Works
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM,
Quote:13.And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do

Any thing? Right. I want a christian to pray for me to be struck by lightning. Not in five years time, now. I want it to happen the second you say amen.

God should have no problem in killing a heritic to prove his love right? He's done it plenty of times in the old and new testament, so it's a very simple request. Pray for lightning to strike me.

Iv'e offered this challenge many times before. People have either pussied out, or prayed, and come up with pathetic excuses as to why I'm still here, unstruck by anything! What does this evidence suggests? (That you're a fool, don't ask things from god).

I'm not asking much. Just try it, after all, it says so right there that Jesus will do any thing for the faithful. So if that is correct, I should be dead right?
[Image: warprofiteers.jpg]
“I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free.
The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary,
its necessary premise and confirmation.” - Mikhael Bakunin
10-17-2006, 10:06 PM,
I think prayer is answered in a good way for good things.

An a prayer may not be an official prayer, as if God didn't need one,
while the Apostles ask Jesus how do we pray to God.

He had to give an answer.

Prayers being answered may have happened many times to me, but that
doesn't prove any thing to you.

That prayer does work was proven to me in a case that years later I saw
a story in the papers that said people were praying for someone's health.

So for you to have proof might require something be observed and recalled years later,
perhaps thats how it might happen.
10-17-2006, 10:10 PM,
Quote:Any thing? Right. I want a christian to pray for me to be struck by lightning. Not in five years time, now. I want it to happen the second you say amen

You can ride on lightning if you sidle up to the Illuminati, and get
a ride in an orb or the like.

I would not go there but you have no fear of lightning.

You can think of bad things but I don't think you can or should
pray for bad things.
10-17-2006, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2006, 11:59 PM by tsoldrin.)
I keep praying for (a certain someone) to contract an extremely painful case of stomach cancer, but I think being an atheist must cancel it out or something because it's not working.

EDIT: sanitized
10-18-2006, 12:28 AM,
Oh come on. Pray for it! Prove to the entire world prayer works.
The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary,
10-18-2006, 01:47 AM,
Reminds me of smitecam

http://www.mwillett.org/SMITECAM.htm
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
10-18-2006, 02:41 AM,
Quote:I think prayer is answered in a good way for good things.

Isn't that cute. It gives me a nice fuzzy warm feeling.
10-18-2006, 02:43 AM,
Quote:I keep praying for (a certain someone) to contract an extremely painful case of stomach cancer, but I think being an atheist must cancel it out or something because it's not working.

EDIT: sanitized

The Levay bible supposes that it can accomplish similiar tasks
10-18-2006, 06:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2006, 07:00 AM by bubbazan68.)
if you want prayer to work you should trust in the ONE TRUE GOD FIRST
tempt not the LORD who at this time is NOT your GOD

oh yea and this
Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Jhn 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.
Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Jhn 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Jhn 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
:rolleyes:
[Image: 20-mugger.gif]
10-18-2006, 07:27 AM,
I am Agnostic kinda I guess. But I do believe that prayer does work and that the more people you have praying for you the more it works hence prayer groups. I think its been proven that it works but nobody knows the mechanism of why it works. Personally I think humans have some Psychokinetic powers that are very faint and cannot be measured and thats why group concentrations are more powerfull. I dont think its because you are getting any particular dieties or entities to help you that it works. It works because of unknown pychokinetic influence. Its sorta like remote influence. I recently read that humans believe it or not release light through their fingernails technically called photons that can be measured although invisible to human eyes. Here i think is a mechanism for healing through the hands however faint. I am sure that you have heard of Kirlian photography and how its about the aura. Also I have heard that satanist love to curse the person they want to hurt. So they curse repeatedly and thats how you potententially hurt someone. Think about it, have you ever cursed somebody and been obsesively thinking bad things about them and then you find something bad happened to them?? how about for example princess DIANA or lady DI. I think her name hurt her mantracly if thats a word. Lady Die Die DIE DIE. Well you know the rest.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
10-18-2006, 10:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2006, 10:20 PM by standvast.)
My Gods spoke,
they told me to remind men that they can't /won't be petitioned,
you are immortal lightning, and couldn't kill yourself.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

10-18-2006, 10:18 PM,
Prayer doesn't work like that buddy. You can't make God do something like that. The scripture also says "Ye ask and ye receive not because ye ask amiss, to consume it upon your lusts". So your prayer would be consuming it upon your lusts, just to prove it works.

There's also some scripture that says the prayer of the faithless will not be answered. In other words if you believe it will not happen in your heart, it will not happen.
10-19-2006, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2006, 12:01 AM by ov3rkomer.)
'The Enemy' - No matter what I say, it will not convince you. No matter how many stories of answered prayer I will tell you, you will still doubt.

Let God prove it to you when you sincerely come to Him and ask him in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ with an open heart. I think only He will be able to convince you:)
'Prove and scrutinize all things; hold fast that which is good.'
'And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.' Paul of Tarsus

Rise to a higher plane? Look here
10-19-2006, 12:34 AM,
I'm still alive. Did no one pray for my death? Go on, John says it can work, as did Jesus (finding that verse would take time, but I can do it)

Nope. Still here, still blaspheming against all fictional characters.
10-19-2006, 01:59 AM,
Answer me: Why are you a member of an organisation that condones violence, bloodshed, sexism, slavery, genocide, and burning animals? Why do you think me submitting to god would be beneficial?

No seriously. I'm not making this up. Read your Bible

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prayer Solve et Coagula 0 217 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  40 die after deliverance prayer --- 3 1,234 08-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Last Post: B4Time
  The Lord's Prayer in the Original Aramaic go2nxtlvl 18 1,946 11-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  How a True Master Works Solve et Coagula 0 350 10-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  How A True Master Works Solve et Coagula 2 513 01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Cyrus the Shepherd