Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spielberg Says Film To Counter Holocaust Deniers
10-20-2006, 06:04 AM,
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenew...also_on_reuters

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:17 AM BST

By Ron Popeski

KIEV (Reuters) - A documentary film based on the accounts of Holocaust survivors in Ukraine can help undermine activists who try to deny the attempt to eliminate European Jewry, U.S. filmmaker Steven Spielberg said on Wednesday.

Spielberg, whose grandparents came from Ukraine, co-produced "Spell Your Name" and was attending its premiere after visiting Babiy Yar, the site outside Kiev city centre where the Nazis slaughtered more than 33,000 Jews in two days in September 1941.

"In order to create an undeniability about the Holocaust, these survivors, 52,000 of them, need to be shown to students all over the world," Spielberg told a news conference.

"Tolerance is born of education. everything comes from what we learn. It all depends on who our teachers are...All hatred starts with fear. And we have experienced a century of fear and I fear we are going into another century of heightened fear."

The film, co-produced with Ukrainian industrialist Viktor Pinchuk, brings together poignant accounts from Jews who survived and Ukrainians who sheltered them.

Yuri Pinchuk relates how he last saw his mother in a ghetto after she had helped negotiate his safe passage out. Polina Belskaya describes emerging from a mass grave.

Irina Maksimova winces at the memory of a German soldier removing a crying infant from a truck, smashing its head and hurling the corpse back into the vehicle. She then tells how her family took in and concealed 16 Jews.

Director Sergei Bukovsky intersperses the accounts with images of life in towns and villages through the seasons.
I don't see how when these people get on tv and talk like this that they don't just bust out laughing. I sure would, &phhheeh, sorry folks, haha, I can't read this anymore. Truth is, we're scamming the holy shit out of all of you. We're large, and in charge. Illuminati is in the hizzouse! East Sah-eeeed!& -Henry
10-20-2006, 11:14 AM,
Guess this is another one I'll have to miss
The InfoUnderground
TiU Radio
http://www.TheInfoUnderground.com
10-20-2006, 12:45 PM,
just what we need, another movie to further cement the lies into peoples minds...
[Image: absurditiesvoltaire300oh0.gif]
------------------
&I've come to the conclusion, after having spent many years in politics, is that our presidential elections turn out to be more of a charade than anything else, and I think that is true today. It is a charade,& - Ron Paul, Sept 2008.
------------------
We're in a lot of trouble, watch this - http://www.youtube.com/v/3L3QVn4JyYA
------------------
[Image: guns250x200dw9.jpg]
[Image: armiw4.gif]
------------------
You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
The world's &freeest& country has the highest number in prison.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The crisis of modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The era of manufacturing consent has given way to the era of manufacturing news. Soon media newsrooms will drop the pretense, and start hiring theater directors instead of journalists.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The structure of capitalism is flawed. The motor that powers it cannot but vastly increase the disparity between the poor and the rich globally and within countries as well. Parecon is a brave argument for replacing that flawed machine and offers a much needed -- more equitable, democratic, participatory -- alternative economic vision.
- arundhati roy
------------------
[The choice between John Kerry and George Bush] is not a real choice. It's an apparent choice. Like choosing a brand of detergent. Whether you buy Ivory Snow or Tide, they're both owned by Proctor & Gamble.
- arundhati roy
------------------
No government's condemnation of terrorism is credible if it cannot show itself to be open to change by nonviolent dissent
- arundhati roy
[Image: sigterrorgj3.jpg]
------------------
Dr. Hermann Oberth who pioneered rocket design for the German Reich during World War II and later advanced rocket technology for the American manned space launches, cryptically stated: "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."

When asked by whom, he replied: "The people of other worlds."
10-20-2006, 06:04 PM,
Always been a fan of Spielberg. Not very pleased about the way this one is looking though. He should stick to aliens/ufo/space movies...
10-23-2006, 03:44 PM,
I dont think there is a denial that there was a holocaust.

However, what about a story from the eyes of an SS solider and other germans trapped in a society that didnt want to be there.

I know for a fact there are lots of those too.

They should do it in German for continuity.
10-23-2006, 05:54 PM,
BS, what is his movie going to prove. The deniers won't see or care
and most have seen countless Hitler era, WWII movies on it.

So he proves NOTHING.

Yet would he make a movie, just for the fantastic intrigue, of the real
, or the speculated truth, of Roswell with apes being shaved and finger tips
cut off and teeth taken out to prevent handler being bitten or scratched.

Get REAL if you want to Mr. ET.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The HOLOCAUST for Dummies kevlar 20 4,227 06-01-2014, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Watchdog
  Holocaust Analysis Konev 313 98,348 02-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Last Post: SirBustaBear
  The Kiddies Keeping The Holocaust Myth Alive [Warning: Load Times] Ognir 83 164,276 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Last Post: SirBustaBear
  The Christian Holocaust by a Jewish King in 6th Century Yemen attariq 0 1,157 09-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Last Post: attariq
  Holodomor vs Holocaust Richard 0 1,370 11-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Rabbi Gedalya Liebermann- zionism and the holocaust --- 1 1,148 03-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Last Post: icosaface
  I'm a holocaust denier, but I also believe the Nazis planned the extermination of the Jewish people --- 3 1,059 09-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ---
  The Native American REAL Holocaust RoqEl22 45 6,951 09-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Last Post: automaton
  Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust --- 0 654 09-22-2009, 05:53 AM
  holocaust revionist dvds riverdean7 6 1,464 05-23-2009, 06:28 PM