Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain Warning In Cannabis Tv Ad
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM,
Quote:A TV advertisement warning young people of the damage cannabis can do to the brain is to be screened as part of a drugs awareness campaign.

The advert, by drug helpline Frank, is set in a brain shop in the future where customers can buy new brains when their own has become too addled.

It aims to show that prolonged use of cannabis can lead to mood swings, poor motivation, paranoia and vomiting.

But mental health charity Rethink said it did not outline all the risks.

The commercial, to be aired from Monday, features a spooky shop assistant who advises spaced-out customers how best to choose a new brain.

Drug of choice

The so-called Brain Store is stocked with more than 20 different brains, cerebral fluid and memory stalks, all catering for the symptoms of cannabis use.

A spokesman from Frank said they were particularly targeting 11- to 17-year-olds.

He added that although cannabis was being produced to be stronger than ever before, it was clear from its helpline and case studies that the class C drug was growing in popularity.

"We know more and more that cannabis is the drug of choice of young people," he said.

"The aim is to drive home that cannabis is harmful."

But Paul Corry, the director of public affairs for Rethink, said the commercial did not go far enough.

"Rethink believes these adverts fall far short of the commitment given by the then Home Secretary Charles Clarke for a 'massive' health education campaign highlighting mental health risks.

"Government must honour its promises so that young people are aware of the true risks of cannabis."

Frank was launched three years ago by the government and gives drugs advice over the phone, online and face to face.

Marjorie Wallace, chief executive of the mental health charity Sane, sad: "We are concerned that advertisements like these alone will increase the growing popularity of cannabis amongst young people. They cannot undo the damage caused by previous confused messages, nor warn sufficiently about the fact that cannabis, particularly Skunk and its other forms, can have far more serious effects than the advertisements appear to suggest. The drug can not only alter the thoughts and feelings of those taking it, but in those who are susceptible it can alter the mind and lead to life-long illness such as schizophrenia.

"Every day there is new evidence of the links between cannabis use and serious mental illness, and a recent study showed that 8 out of 10 of those experiencing first episode psychiatric disorders were heavy users of the drug. Until we know more about the direct effects of cannabis and its derivatives on the developing brain, we should not be relying on awareness messages alone. We need to give clear direction to young people and their families, to teachers and the police, that the drug is illegal and provenly dangerous to a significant number of people."
BBC News

More government BS and lies, trying to scare people.
10-23-2006, 03:45 PM,
If cannibis is so bad, why are they selling THC caps to people?
10-23-2006, 04:12 PM,
Quote:"The aim is to drive home that cannabis is harmful."

the aim is lie, continuously, in order to keep you in control.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

10-23-2006, 04:14 PM,
Only if you are stupid enough to listen.

Like the time that the american government used a german test on meth and monkeys as answers for a test on humans and the brain damaged that can be caused by Ecstacy.

One does damage and the other is repairable within 3 months.
10-23-2006, 07:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2006, 07:43 PM by harflimon.)
Has anyone seen the new drug ads on american t.v.?

It seems like there going for the "marijuana isn't bad, but it will destroy your social life" angle. It's pretty funny. I remember one is with a bunch of kids sittnig on a couch and the main talker says sitting on this couch and smoking weed is completely safe, but it's all we will do and I'd rather be out in the real world having fun *cut to him at a movie theater with girls*

It's so funny watching them have to backtrack. Their propaganda is wearing thin.
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
10-23-2006, 08:02 PM,
here is the new ad over here in england that the article is referring to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGpce6GDd4I

this is the 'talk to frank' website
http://www.talktofrank.com/
10-23-2006, 10:17 PM,
Dont be so quick to assume this is all rubbish. Most of the street cannabis (eg Skunk) is genetically modified and about 100 times stronger than than the "natural" stuff.

Listen to Alan Watt and similar to find out why the streets are being flooded with dope, just cos its illegal dont mean its "anti establishment!"

Monsanto has patents on a number of so called natural drugs such as cannabis, that should tell you something!
10-24-2006, 05:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2006, 05:26 AM by freeon.)
Quote:A TV advertisement warning young people of the damage cannabis can do to the brain is to be screened as part of a drugs awareness campaign.
definetly bullshit

Quote:In the stoner stereotype, pot smokers and dying brain cells go hand in hand. However, new research suggests the situation may be more uplifting than that. A drug that functions as concentrated marijuana does may spur neurogenesis, the process by which the brain gives birth to new nerve cells.
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20051015/fob7.asp
&Having raised the earth's temperature 1 degree Fahrenheit in the last three decades, we're facing another increase of 4 degrees over the next century. That would imply changes that constitute practically a different planet. It's not something we can adapt to. We can't let it go on another 10 years like this.& - NASA's Goddard Space Institute Director James Hansen

ConspiracyCentral Tracker Style Mod
10-24-2006, 07:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2006, 07:35 AM by deathstickboy.)
Quote:Dont be so quick to assume this is all rubbish. Most of the street cannabis (eg Skunk) is genetically modified and about 100 times stronger than than the "natural" stuff.

Proof?

Genetically modified, like cross bred? :LOL:

First of all, you cannot get marijuana that is 100 times stronger than other marijuana, unless the latter is so weak it would not even get you high in the first place. Modern, high quality "street" marijuuana comes at around 25%-30% THC at best, due to lots of cross breeding and hybridization of hemp seeds through horticulture in places like Amsterdam and BC. Your average "natural" marijuana comes at around 4%-8% THC, this is also because in the wild, the female plants become pollinated, and thus much of their "sexual energy" is diverted from producing THC, and converted into producing seeds.

Sensimilla is an old term that used to refer to marijuana that was never exposed to hemp pollen, known to be extra potent for the above mentioned reasons. Most "street marijuana" these days is sensimilla or "seedless" but back in the 70s when it was first "discovered" it used to be a big deal because it was rare. Now its all like that, so based on that alone, even your non-cross bred/hybridzed marijuana would come out around 10-15% THC just from keeping hemp pollen out of the picture.

There is your marijuana lesson for the evening.

Quote:It seems like there going for the "marijuana isn't bad, but it will destroy your social life" angle. It's pretty funny. I remember one is with a bunch of kids sittnig on a couch and the main talker says sitting on this couch and smoking weed is completely safe, but it's all we will do and I'd rather be out in the real world having fun *cut to him at a movie theater with girls*

Thats funny, because it totally opened up and expanded my social life when I was a teenager. :P
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-24-2006, 01:00 PM,
Quote:Thats funny, because it totally opened up and expanded my social life when I was a teenager. tongue.gif

Me too. That's when I became one of the cool-kids and there was no going back...;)
01-01-2007, 02:44 PM,
the problem here is the skunk is gone and in it`s place is a sickly sweet stuff called police dope people say it`s like cigarettes with a 45 minute high that just never quite gets you there .anyone selling this never seems to run out of supply or gets busted .if anything is engineered it`s this "tobacco' simulating bullshit .i asked a bunch of young people when was the last time they had a self limiting smoke (i`ve had enough for now) some sed never! none of these were the real limit pushing types either.about as cosmic experence as bad rum.i felt sorry for them .
01-02-2007, 01:16 PM,
Quote:the problem here is the skunk is gone and in it`s place is a sickly sweet stuff called police dope people say it`s like cigarettes with a 45 minute high that just never quite gets you there .anyone selling this never seems to run out of supply or gets busted .if anything is engineered it`s this "tobacco' simulating bullshit .i asked a bunch of young people when was the last time they had a self limiting smoke (i`ve had enough for now) some sed never! none of these were the real limit pushing types either.about as cosmic experence as bad rum.i felt sorry for them .

You don't know what you're talking about.

Plus, to each is to his own.
01-02-2007, 03:43 PM,
year why`s that and theres no need to quote me when my post is only a few cm. up the page .come to melbourne come take a look at this hydro poo, smells like some childs novelty rubber (erazer) from japan.most bongs are smoked here mixed with tobacco .this crap grass makes for a continual all day session .they dont get high, just out of it and end up with a tobacco adiction .basically i sed there is often media histeria about super skunk and yet when you talk to a group of smokers they havent seen any of this type of stuff in a long time.read a book called " maruana potency "it may healp your understanding of the subject .that is if you havent already .are you a cop ?does the term" police dope" offend?
01-03-2007, 01:54 AM,
i don't know why my quotes aren't working. i edited this post to make my text stand out. (red, bold)

<span style="color:#FF0000"> ok, you've peaked my interest. here goes:

Quote:The commercial, to be aired from Monday, features a spooky shop assistant who advises spaced-out customers how best to choose a new brain.
<span style="color:#FF0000">and they even offer a solution. prescription medications! anti-depressants! feed some to your kids too! eat 'em. you ate some? eat more. keep eating them. did you run out, here, here's more. eat more. mmmmm, good huh? mmmmm, i'm lovin' it.

stupid commercial.

"Drug of choice."
i like how they say that. who's choice? that's the question. my personal choice, or the choice that the system wants to make for me?

Quote:He added that although cannabis was being produced to be stronger than ever before, it was clear from its helpline and case studies that the class C drug was growing in popularity.
<span style="color:#FF0000">growers are always out to make it stronger and taste better. no suprise there then. also doesn't suprise me that it's growing in popularity because it's natural, and organics are also growing in popularity at the same time. people thirst for nature, and being trapped inside a plastic and metal materialistic concrete jungle it's no suprise that we would grow uncomfortable.

Quote:Marjorie Wallace, chief executive of the mental health charity Sane, said: "We are concerned that advertisements like these alone will increase the growing popularity of cannabis amongst young people.
<span style="color:#FF0000">yeah, because you're calling attention to it. giving it publicity. wow, who are these geniuses and why do we need all this pointed out to us? oh yeah, cause there's a lot of people on prescription drugs who don't get it. moving right along then.

Quote:"Every day there is new evidence of the links between cannabis use and serious mental illness, and a recent study showed that 8 out of 10 of those experiencing first episode psychiatric disorders were heavy users of the drug. Until we know more about the direct effects of cannabis and its derivatives on the developing brain, we should not be relying on awareness messages alone. We need to give clear direction to young people and their families, to teachers and the police, that the drug is illegal and provenly dangerous to a significant number of people."
<span style="color:#FF0000">bleh. where's the proof? the MSM never sources information anymore. where's the bibliography page? they just come out and say whatever they want and because they're "official" the public is just supposed to believe them. and many of them do believe. you'll sometimes see the MSM call on some cooky professor or some "expert" who earns his salary off a government organization but there's never any proof anymore. no research. no real journalism or reporting. just garbage.

Quote:If cannibis is so bad, why are they selling THC caps to people?
<span style="color:#FF0000">i haven't heard of these, although i have heard of "marinol", a prescription THC pill. just because it's prescription doesn't mean it's easy to get, it's not. i know that from personal experience, and no, it wasn't me trying to get the perscription. lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:"The aim is to drive home that cannabis is harmful."
the aim is lie, continuously, in order to keep you in control.
Only if you are stupid enough to listen.
Like the time that the american government used a german test on meth and monkeys as answers for a test on humans and the brain damaged that can be caused by Ecstacy.
One does damage and the other is repairable within 3 months.
<span style="color:#FF0000">exactly. different drugs, different effects, and i hate when they try to toss them all together and say they're all the same.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:Dont be so quick to assume this is all rubbish. Most of the street cannabis (eg Skunk) is genetically modified and about 100 times stronger than than the "natural" stuff.
Listen to Alan Watt and similar to find out why the streets are being flooded with dope, just cos its illegal dont mean its "anti establishment!"
Monsanto has patents on a number of so called natural drugs such as cannabis, that should tell you something!
Dont be so quick to assume this is all rubbish. Most of the street cannabis (eg Skunk) is genetically modified and about 100 times stronger than than the "natural" stuff.
Proof?
Genetically modified, like cross bred? :LOL:
First of all, you cannot get marijuana that is 100 times stronger than other marijuana, unless the latter is so weak it would not even get you high in the first place. Modern, high quality "street" marijuuana comes at around 25%-30% THC at best, due to lots of cross breeding and hybridization of hemp seeds through horticulture in places like Amsterdam and BC. Your average "natural" marijuana comes at around 4%-8% THC, this is also because in the wild, the female plants become pollinated, and thus much of their "sexual energy" is diverted from producing THC, and converted into producing seeds.
Sensimilla is an old term that used to refer to marijuana that was never exposed to hemp pollen, known to be extra potent for the above mentioned reasons. Most "street marijuana" these days is sensimilla or "seedless" but back in the 70s when it was first "discovered" it used to be a big deal because it was rare. Now its all like that, so based on that alone, even your non-cross bred/hybridzed marijuana would come out around 10-15% THC just from keeping hemp pollen out of the picture.
There is your marijuana lesson for the evening.
It seems like there going for the "marijuana isn't bad, but it will destroy your social life" angle. It's pretty funny. I remember one is with a bunch of kids sittnig on a couch and the main talker says sitting on this couch and smoking weed is completely safe, but it's all we will do and I'd rather be out in the real world having fun *cut to him at a movie theater with girls*
Thats funny, because it totally opened up and expanded my social life when I was a teenager. :P
<span style="color:#FF0000">you can't get weed in america as strong as the weed you can get in the netherlands (amsterdam). like i said above, growers are always trying to get better and better stuff. sometimes they soak it in draino or some other household chemical to add "potency". so you have to take into consideration the drug cutters looking to expand their "investment". yeah, smoking pot probably isn't a good idea unless you know where the stuff's being grown. otherwise you might be taking a gamble. i certainly wouldn't trust a pill pressed up by monsanto. i bet that's marinol. ? i'll have to look that up now, lol.

and yes, marijuana is often called a "gateway drug" by psychiatrists, probation/parole agents, teachers, doctors and other "professionals". this is what they refer to by opening up your social life as a teenager. they just twist it and say that it opens you up to taking more drugs which is complete, unverified assumption. i'm sure it's true for some people but certainly not the whole of people.
[Image: amb1.jpg]
01-03-2007, 01:18 PM,
nice roundup!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Science of Cannabis (New Documentary) vagabonder 0 436 03-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: vagabonder
  Study: Cannabis Use Unlikely To Cause Schizophrenia Easy Skanking 5 942 12-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  THC Increases Brain Activity In Response To Positive Stimuli Easy Skanking 1 683 09-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Last Post: thokling
  It's Official: Cannabis Possession And Cultivation Now Legal In Colorado Easy Skanking 3 916 12-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Cannabis usage Easy Skanking 39 9,227 01-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Sovereignman
  Dutch government to ban tourists from cannabis shops Mike_Smith 2 1,026 05-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pax681
  Up in smoke: 'Cannabis gave me my life back' drummer 13 4,173 05-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Last Post: zapoper
  Cannabis fed to ducks by French farmer for 'deworming' mothandrust 1 870 11-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Last Post: persecuted in alberni
  George Soros gives $1m to California's pro-cannabis campaign mothandrust 4 1,974 10-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  New Report: U.S. Government Data Demonstrates Failure of Cannabis Prohibition kevlar 2 1,151 10-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Last Post: persecuted in alberni