Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venezuela bans sale of Coke Zero
06-14-2009, 12:37 AM,

[Image: _45901684_73012811.jpg]
Coke Zero has been successful elsewhere in the world since its launch

Venezuela has banned the sale of the calorie-free Coke Zero, calling it harmful to people's well-being.

"The product should be withdrawn from circulation to preserve the health of Venezuelans," said Health Minister Jesus Mantilla.

Mr Mantilla did not say what the specific problem with Coke Zero was.

Coca-Cola said it would stop production of the drink in the country, but also added that Coke Zero contained no harmful products.

Anti-US motivations?

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez is a vocal critic of the US, and is in the process of nationalising much of the economy.

He has criticised American "imperialism" repeatedly, and often castigates critics of his rule on his TV show Alo Presidente.

The government this year has seized a rice mill and pasta factory belonging to US food giant Cargill and has threatened action against pharmaceutical company Pfizer.

Venezuela, the world's ninth largest oil producer, has nationalised much of its oil and gas sector since Mr Chavez came to power, and recently took over its third largest bank, Banco de Venezuela.

In February he won a referendum that allowed him to keep running for new terms in office.

Coke Zero was launched in Venezuela in April. It launched the beverage in Europe in 2007.

In 2005, Venezuela's tax authorities ordered a 48-hour closure of Coca Cola's bottling plants for allegedly not following tax rules.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8094679.stm
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
06-14-2009, 02:18 AM,
Yes...

Banned coke, 7 up, and all that shit of materialism...see where the corporations as materialists enterprises go!!!!

Unite The Many, defeat the few.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=277...enous&hl=en
06-14-2009, 03:02 PM,
Probably due to the insane levels of Aspartame, but that won't be mentioned.
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM,
Quote:Probably due to the insane levels of Aspartame, but that won't be mentioned.

Doesn't contain corn syrup too? By the way, Red Bull contains traces of cocaine. Russia upon finding it banned it but the united states and england do not acknowledge it...

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

06-14-2009, 08:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2009, 09:13 PM by Hans Olo.)
I dug a little deeper. It's not about Aspartame, it's about Sodium Cyclamate, a different sweetener which is not legal to use in the US or Venezuela. It is legal in some European countries. So maybe they just got delivered a wrong charge.

Quote:CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) Venezuela's Health Ministry said Friday it banned sales of Coca-Cola Zero because the company failed to declare that the no-calorie soft drink uses an artificial sweetener allegedly harmful to health.

Health officials said tests show the cola contains sodium cyclamate. Coca-Cola Co. disputes that, saying the product sold in Venezuela uses different artificial sweeteners, Acesulfame-K and Aspartame.

Venezuela: Why We Banned Coke Zero

Now I'm interested in who did the health officials speak to, and did they publish their report somewhere?

Btw. I just recently convinced a friend not do drink Coke Zero anymore. She had just bought the bottle and I gave her a nasty look. I said, you really want to drink that? All I had to do was show her the Wikipedia pages for Aspartame, and what it becomes after digesting, and Sodium Cyclamate, the fact that it was illegal in the USA. I said, look, Americans eat and drink all kinds of junk, you think the US would ban Cyclamate if it wasn't a health risk? She didn't even finish her bottle after that. Too easy....

Edit: fixed the link. It got broken when I edited this post.
06-14-2009, 08:58 PM,
Quote:I dug a little deeper. It's not about Aspartame, it's about Sodium Cyclamate, a different sweetener which is not legal to use in the US or Venezuela. It is legal in some European countries. So maybe they just got delivered a wrong charge.

Quote:CARACAS, Venezuela — Venezuela's Health Ministry said Friday it banned sales of Coca-Cola Zero because the company failed to declare that the no-calorie soft drink uses an artificial sweetener allegedly harmful to health.

Health officials said tests show the cola contains sodium cyclamate. Coca-Cola Co. disputes that, saying the product sold in Venezuela uses different artificial sweeteners, Acesulfame-K and Aspartame.

Venezuela: Why We Banned Coke Zero

Now I'm interested in who did the health officials speak to, and did they publish their report somewhere?

Link does not work.

Soul Rebel Native Son

06-15-2009, 12:08 AM,
Where did you get the info on cocaine in red bull Mexika?
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
Did you think you were put here for something less?
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
06-15-2009, 12:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2009, 12:39 AM by mexika.)
Quote:Where did you get the info on cocaine in red bull Mexika?

I did not post the article but its off this site:

http://www.legitgov.org

After a small amount of cocaine was discovered in Red Bull cola sold in Germany the country reacted by issuing a full Red Bull Recall in several states.

Red Bull, the ubiquitous energy drink and cocktail mixer, was banned the German states of Hesse and North-Rhine Westphalia over an unlisted ingredient found in their cola drink: cocaine. Trace amounts of blow were found in samples of the drink during food-safety testing. Now six German states have banned the drink, and a nationwide ban is under consideration.

Apparently, the de-cocainized extract of coca leaf isn't actually de-cocainized after all. Under German law, the drink must now be recategorized as a narcotic, and will require special licensing for sale.

The 'Red Bull coke' as it is now known, is a true blast from the past; the original recipe Coca-Cola, also touted at the time as an energy boosting drink, contained cocaine which is where it got its nickname Coke.

Don't start trying to evaporate your Red Bull and rolling up the twenty-dollar bill just yet, though: there's not enough cocaine present to have a narcotic effect.

http://www.nowpublic.com/health/red-bull-c...-recall-germany

Soul Rebel Native Son

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It’s Official – Russia Completely Bans GMOs mexika 0 200 04-22-2014, 01:10 AM
Last Post: mexika
  Germany Bans Cultivation of GM Corn hilly7 3 933 09-02-2010, 03:30 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Germany bans farming of GM corn April 3 631 04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Krise
  coke is killing you mexika 8 1,725 07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Last Post: mexika