Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Fundi Halloween
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM,
A Very Fundi Halloween
I'm not a christian, but I found this to be a lack of taste altogether

I was at the local Halloween freakshow, Mill ave.

There was these born agains, who are there almost every weekend, preaching through bull horns an what not, but this time they brought this:
[Image: christonmill.jpg]

This was a real person dressed up in fake lashed skin covered in blood.

They had a devil there talking about the lamb of god in reference to abel.

This is a question for the christians of this site:

Is this going too far or what?
11-02-2006, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2006, 12:35 PM by SerialExpLain.)
A Very Fundi Halloween
OMG...I'm sorry but that reminded me of a story of Halloween's past--

I in no way considered myself Christian at the time, nor did my husband. My husband had a goats head mask and black robe on, I had a black robe on and skeletal face paint and we were out looking for a haunted house attraction to start our night of festivities.

So we find this attraction with a long line of people waiting to get in, many were not dressed as outlandisly but hey it was Saturday night and it was still early so we still weren't feeling out of place.

So they finally let us in and we just kind of goofed on the irony of it all at the time, but it was a Christian production, maybe similar to a scene from your post.

It was done-up real scary and all, the first room demonstrated the vice of alchohol, then there were other vice-rooms, then there was the hell area...now we are in this group being ushered through, so we stayed to go through it, it was rather well done actually, but it was really embarrasing when we entered this one room where they had a boy up on the cross with his eyes closed but then he opens them and he is looking down at my goat-masked husband....a moment I will never forget...it was funny...it was sad...I will always remember it though.

We were asked by someone if we were going somewhere else...and we said yes,we were dressed for a party elsewhere.

All we could say to each other was OMG. :o We really didn't know that it wasn't any ordinary haunted attraction. It was embarassing.
11-02-2006, 12:36 PM,
A Very Fundi Halloween
Does this bother you though? I'm just trying to get a feel for these wack jobs.
11-02-2006, 01:30 PM,
A Very Fundi Halloween
Well, did you think they were trying to convey the intensity of Mel Gibson's The Passion? That was my first impression.

Perhaps that was what they were striving for. That level of emotional impact.
11-02-2006, 03:14 PM,
A Very Fundi Halloween
Of a snuff film? Serial, explain me this. You're Christian now, what's to say you are not a tool of the devil, trained to inflitrate gods ranks and spread evil? Can you tell me now you bear no malice towards gods people?
[Image: warprofiteers.jpg]
“I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free.
The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary,
its necessary premise and confirmation.” - Mikhael Bakunin
11-02-2006, 10:04 PM,
A Very Fundi Halloween
This seems like idolatry to me

11-03-2006, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2006, 04:25 AM by SerialExpLain.)
A Very Fundi Halloween
Quote:Of a snuff film? Serial, explain me this. You're Christian now, what's to say you are not a tool of the devil, trained to inflitrate gods ranks and spread evil? Can you tell me now you bear no malice towards gods people?

Good question Enemy, and one that makes you turn toward your conscience to ask it that question. I know I must always forgive someone, vengeance is the Lord's. Do I feel anger, you bet. Does it make me seek forgiveness, yes always. Christ's dying words on the cross is what always comes to mind there.

I am a Bible literalist, and in that sense one is commisioned to be a watchman, to watch and warn.
From that perspective, a lot more is at stake than just the physical body.