Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovah Witness
11-11-2006, 06:54 PM,
Jehovah Witness
Is jehovah witness a cult?
11-11-2006, 07:12 PM,
Jehovah Witness
All Organized Religions are essentially cults, people just usually stop calling them cults when they reach a million or so followers.
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
11-11-2006, 07:18 PM,
Jehovah Witness
Hi Patrick,

It all depends on what you mean by 'cult'.

If you mean it in the negative sense - i.e. "a group that tends to manipulate, exploit, and control its members", then I'd say that there's a fair amount of evidence to support that claim.
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
11-11-2006, 08:43 PM,
Jehovah Witness
It's probably one of the most satanic cults there is. Check out the faces and demons and assorted weirdness in their seemingly innocuous are here: The Watchtower's evil secret is out.

I've also checked a couple of pieces of their art on my own, and found just as much weirdness (if not more) than at the above site.
"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - René Descartes
11-12-2006, 06:58 AM,
Jehovah Witness
I would say it's mainstream enough to not be considered a cult but yeah depends on what definition you wanna use.
11-12-2006, 08:48 AM,
Jehovah Witness
I declare extreme deja vu on this entire threat and everybody's posts.

It's like a time warp.
Do you really think your a higher form of life? You...With your dripping jaws, and your bloodshot eyes. You...With your varicosities and your vermin for an appendix. You...with your hemroids and assterioids. Often I wake up at night and ponder these matters. And then I feel very strongly that I should talk them over with Brother Theodore...and then, and then I wake up fully and remember that I am Brother Theodore. And my heart aches. And my tears flow. And I see my Aunt Marie floating in the chicken soup...more dead than alive...more naked than not. And oh, now I see a mailman, a mailman giving birth to a dog of all things!

Never a moments peace, never a moments peace...never a moments peace.
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM,
Jehovah Witness
I'll consider anybody that wakes me up on a saturday morning to have their kid hand me a book that depicts children hanging out with cheatas and the rapture a cult.

They suck. Although the girls brought up in a JW family can get quite freaky in the sack. :wink:
11-13-2006, 12:24 AM,
Jehovah Witness
Quote:It's probably one of the most satanic cults there is. Check out the faces and demons and assorted weirdness in their seemingly innocuous are here: The Watchtower's evil secret is out.

I've also checked a couple of pieces of their art on my own, and found just as much weirdness (if not more) than at the above site.

You're kidding, right? The author of this shite takes a simple painting:

[Image: K1%20Full%20page%20from%20the%20Knowledge%20book..jpg]

and quote:
"Opening the original painting above produces a tri-fold painting much larger and much more detailed than the original."

[Image: K2%20True%20scene%20showing%20all%20elements..jpg]

What production? This clown created an image of his own, completely out of context from the original. He duplicated the image twice himself, so of course it's "much larger". It's exactly three times larger. However it has no more detail than the original, only each detail duplicated twice. Then he has the balls to call the mirrored patterns images. They are images HE created with his bullshit technique! They're not even good.

I don't call taking a painting and pasting mirror images of it to each side "opening" it, I call that looking for something that isn't there, and a complete waste of time. It's right up there with playing music backwards or "reverse speech".

Facial recognition is hard wired into people's brains. Have you ever looked up at the clouds in the sky and seen faces? This idiot has to use mirroring techniques to acheive the same result. What a joke. And the joke's on you if you believe any of it. In fact, you're just the kind of person the JW and other "faith without reason" cults are looking for!
[Image: randquote.png]
11-13-2006, 04:39 AM,
Jehovah Witness
Quote:Is jehovah witness a cult?
Pls read Fritz Springmeier's research on this sect/cult
Salem Kirban quotes Weishaupt gloating over his successes in a letter to Illuminatus Cato:

The most admirable thing of all is that great Protestant and reformed theologians [Lutherans and Calvinists] who belong to our Order really believe they see in it the true and genuine mind of the Christian religion. Oh man, what can not you be brought to believe?

These people swell our numbers and fill our treasury; get busy and make these people nibble at our bait.. .but do not tell them our secrets. They must be made to believe that the low degree that they have reached is the highest
11-13-2006, 11:10 AM,
Jehovah Witness
I'll put a bump on the every religion is a cult idea
11-13-2006, 09:30 PM,
Jehovah Witness
Agreed. EVERY religion is a cult. Some more than others. Well, unless it's Taoism or certain forms of Buddhism, which are more like philosophies than religions. Also, some of these cults are responsible for good things, such as the Catholic Church essentially CREATING private property rights.
11-14-2006, 05:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2006, 05:53 AM by Soul Real.)
Jehovah Witness
cult  /kʌlt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhlt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
7. the members of such a religion or sect.
8. any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.
–adjective
9. of or pertaining to a cult.
10. of, for, or attracting a small group of devotees: a cult movie.
[Origin: 1610–20; < L cultus habitation, tilling, refinement, worship, equiv. to cul-, var. s. of colere to inhabit, till, worship + -tus suffix of v. action]

If it falls under the definition, that is what it is.

If you really want to understand any religion, you MUST go to the source of the religion. In this case it begins with one Charles Taze Russell. He wrote numerous volumes but the most "enlightening" would have to be his book "Divine Plan for the Ages" where you will find this in a fold out in the book.

[Image: ChartOfTheAges1740.gif]

Now, as you know, the capsized pyramid by no means began with him. So, obviously he got alot of his beliefs elsewhere. Not only that, but he had himself barried in one.

[Image: pyr_4.jpg]

notice that symbol anywhere else? It is the symbol for the Knights Templar degree of Freemasonry.

[Image: templar.jpg]

I am sure from here you can do research to find out more if you really are interested in knowing.
[Image: TruthLoveFreedomorg.gif][Image: TKaD.gif]

Truth Love Freedom Radio Show- Thursdays 6-8pm PST & Sunday 7-9pm PST &
Also hosting &The Final Round&, a new debate show every Friday from 7-9pm PST
RevereRadio.net
11-14-2006, 05:54 AM,
Jehovah Witness
Sorry for the big post everybody. I could not figure out how to shrink it. :blush:
[Image: TruthLoveFreedomorg.gif][Image: TKaD.gif]

Truth Love Freedom Radio Show- Thursdays 6-8pm PST & Sunday 7-9pm PST &
Also hosting &The Final Round&, a new debate show every Friday from 7-9pm PST
RevereRadio.net