Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ten Commandments
11-14-2006, 01:42 PM,
The Ten Commandments
Here's my thought. I will gladly allow the government to force a posting of the ten commandments at schools and courthouses under the following condition: that nothing not exclusively condemned in the the TC would be illegal. I can be gay (unless I'm married). I can do drugs (unless I steal them). I can threaten the president without fear of black CIA prison (unless . . . nevermind, fuck those guys). I can walk around naked (as long as no one covets me). I can get an abortion (if I were a woman). There is nothing in the ten commandments about gay, about drugs, about hating the government you didn't vote for, abortion, flag-burning. . . . I say let them, providing . . .
11-14-2006, 09:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2006, 09:44 PM by tsoldrin.)
The Ten Commandments
The funny part is, what's really happening is they are condemning their fellow Christians in future generations to perform the rituals of another, perhaps even Satanic, religion. History has taught us that religous popularity waxes and wanes... it is only a matter of time before some other religion becomes the popular one. Then, by the precedent set now, everyone will be required to adhere to what we now would consider alien or even unholy beliefs.

Nobody ever thinks to the far flung future in these matters. Look at Bush, by raising the unitary power of the executive branch he has left open the possibility for that power to be used by those who have the exact opposite agenda than he embraces. Poetic Irony.
11-15-2006, 01:30 AM,
The Ten Commandments
http://fotolog.terra.com.mx/inca:17
http://fotolog.terra.com.br/inca:4
In those days there were no lawyers making business and there were judges who interpret the law and with the testimony of a couple of witnesses the things were set up. 10 commandments were part of 613 laws in total. When is forbidden to kill, it's no question that's implicit in the abortion, for example. There were concrete laws about this and not physicians or people trying to say human baby has less legal rights than the woman who can shout at the trial. All cases were analyzed even when an animal which was known to be furious killed a person. The law of paying tooth by tooth was not an Italian vendetta as presented very often by judged by people who were paying attention to all details. Even killing by accident was conceived in a way that both parts could be satisfied but people come here and "comment" without even having read the whole Bible in order to know what to type first. So common an opinion like a butt. Everyone has one.
In the 10 commandments there were not laws about homosexuality but indeed there was in the rest of the laws given to Moses. And the law was very explicit even giving details about zoophilia or sex with animals, etc. The 10 laws were the most important and the the others were added. It's interesting in the New Testament mentioning homosexuality the text was saying these people would receive in their own bodies the "reward" for their deeds and we know AIDS stroke first in these people, it seems somehow their immunologic defensive system is affected.
In Jewish laws the practice of circumsition was done at the 8th day. It's precisely the day physicians who took centuries to learn the importance to wash their hands, learned thousands of years later, in that very day there's an increase of protrombin and vitamin K like no other day, important elements to coagulate blood. Since penis cancer almost doesn't exist in Jewish community, doctors started to learn if it wasn't because of that practice. Nowadays it's common surgery to make the operation. Jews didn't know the reason 3500 years ago, they just received the commandment. Period.
11-15-2006, 08:48 AM,
The Ten Commandments
You can't make these kind of concessions in a religously free society. They'd have to hang everything from everyone to be fare.
11-15-2006, 10:58 AM,
The Ten Commandments
What happened in Israel thousands of years ago was gonna be a model to protect. Nowadays the criminals and big shot are protected while common people with minor problems rotten in prision. Congress men and presidents send armies to kill thousands and are called "defenders of democracy". Yet, as it always happens in human history, Israel failed to follow the project correctly. They wanted human kings and judges.
When we read accounts from the past we don't know for sure all the things involved. For example Israelites had to go to war and slaughter the enemies sometimes. What sort of people were there? People who sacrified their own kids as a fire holocaust to Moloch? People who gave their wives and daughters into religious prostitution? Do you think is "normal" when tribes of Arab teenager girls nowadays kill other teenagers from other tribe and even murder their recent begotten babies or to see 8 years old boys shooting rifles as taught by Muslims who received instructions to blow up the whole earth in order to go to Allah paradise? In the past there were as violent as now and sometimes there were giants in those armies.

http://www.s8int.com/giants1.html
Many pages to read and photos to check.

The whole earth was filled with violence and that's why all ancient megaliths were built in specific "navels" (electromagnetic bellybuttons) of the earth where blood (soul) was poured there on the ground.
http://petragrail.tripod.com/megalith.html
Nowadays in a "free" religious options, there's no country really following 10 commandments because only Arabian countries haven't split religion and state. Israel in the past was a religious state. When inocent blood was poured the whole city was doomed and it was needed magic rituals with animals so to speak to "cure" the colective sin. Israel from our days is guilty to the top of so much blood worst than other countries. They did this in the past, they trusted in their own "strong arm". That's why even Israelite prophets warned them they have always had stoned heart and it's people who don't bow their necks to God. If there's gonna be a salvation is not of Israel as a whole but a short selection of people and in fact a group of non-Jews as well -like Paul said- to provoke Israel to jealousy and to dodge them to think they are "special" or the chosen ones. That was the same mistake Hitler did and had to kill Jews because they also thought Germans were special race selected by their Viking gods dwelling in hollow earth.
You can bet in a free society we're harvesting what we have sown for thousands of years. We have a free double sized ozone hole, free elimination of animals and forests, you're free to die in the streets or because in the name of someone's stupidty and business they are gonna send you to the front to kill , torture and be killed and tortured in a new holy war; you're free to be intoxicated with whitewash and caustic sodium added in your preciousss sugar consumed by tons in regular American "diet" and you're free to have an extra fluoride poison while you drink water and use your dental toothpaste; you're free to alter your brain with celular mobiles, microwaves, tv and even the addiction to computers. Yap, clap-clap-clap to free society.
Utopia never existed since the beginning of our history, people. Even 10 or 613 laws were just a "curative" thing after chaos came due to alien interference. Since we were trapped in this 3D reality, well, they had to find a sort of remedy but it was already late, the damage was already done and we inherit this disease in all manners even in our DNA code.
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM,
The Ten Commandments
Okay. Everyone ignore that "inca" fellow. He's out of his freaking mind. Nobody will listen to you, dude, when you talk crazy. You missed my point, BIG TIME. I don't want to say anything to offend a crazy person, but you're a fucking nutter. And anti-semitic to boot. My point was, if religions could only keep to their own directives, maybe we could trust them. Am I being too subtle? Nevermind. Fuck you. Dawkins is right. Forget money, love of religion is the root of all evil. Tirade against that while I ignore you, bitch.
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM,
The Ten Commandments
If "bitch" and "fucking nutter" are terms you reserve for those on the same side of the freedom equation as you, what do you call the sheep?

You don't need flame-thrower here or an asbestos suit.
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM,
The Ten Commandments
I am the sheep. If you want to quote Russian writers and look all cool, pick a good one. Don't make me call you out, sheep, bitch, fucking nutter (whichever is least/most offensive). You didn't really say anything. And where the hell did you get that my insults were for people on "my side"? I like you, bitch, you fucking nutter. Come and be a sheep with me. We love the tranquility of not thinking. Of quoting writers we don't understand. It's nice over here.
11-19-2006, 08:41 PM,
The Ten Commandments
the Ten Commandments are a joke!
NO SHIT you can't go and kill people, steal or whatever if you want a well structured civilization to survive!!

thats fucking common sense...that goes to show you how STUPID people are.
even to this day...if it was legal to kill...mother fuckers would be out killing for whatever reason or no reason!!

people are stupid/crazy.

now in days people are forgetting to love and respect one another.
its not about "free speech" and being able to say whatever you want...
it's about WHAT you do with that...

i'm thinking the people of the world are going to GET WHAT THEY DESERVE and let happen.
[Image: intellektssig.png]

&A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.& -- Bertrand Russell
11-19-2006, 09:12 PM,
The Ten Commandments
Well, yes, but the ten commandmants has a rather prominent portion about not killing. In spite of a lot of the old testament murder and mayhem, I think it's pretty much against it. Maybe you wanted to talk about something else?
11-19-2006, 09:31 PM,
The Ten Commandments
Quote:I am the sheep. If you want to quote Russian writers and look all cool, pick a good one. Don't make me call you out, sheep, bitch, fucking nutter (whichever is least/most offensive). You didn't really say anything. And where the hell did you get that my insults were for people on "my side"? I like you, bitch, you fucking nutter. Come and be a sheep with me. We love the tranquility of not thinking. Of quoting writers we don't understand. It's nice over here.

I don't have time for your shit. All I tried to do is politely smooth the situation over diplomatically and all I get is lip in return? Well, I'm in a pretty good mood today so I'm not going to ban your sorry ass, I'm going to do something a little less drastic and simply pre-moderate anything you post. IOW you can write all the posts you want, but they wont be published on the forum until I, Ognir or Woken approve them.

The pre-moderation of your account will be left in place for 7 days. Hopefully you'll learn in that time ad hominem attacks on people serve no purpose.

:smack::gangup: :kicknuts: :a_poke::doghump:
11-19-2006, 10:30 PM,
The Ten Commandments
the ten commandments are chauvinist:
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

it's spoken towards men.

Plus that jealous god crap is rubbish.

And the worship no other gods, seems like there might be some competition out there that god is worried about.
11-20-2006, 10:57 AM,
The Ten Commandments
I wonder if mankind should've learned in other terms. :eyebrow: The circumsition was ordered to be made at the 8th day of baby's life. Considering doctors spent centuries operating without washing their hands, it's amazing in XX century we found out that surgery protected Jews against penis cancer and hence the rest of the non-Jews are operated by doctors as a common practice. More than, in XX century we dicovered that 8th day is better day than any other to do that surgery because of the rise of protrombin and vitamin K, important elements in coagulation. Nop, the angel of God (instead of God and we know this because the book of Acts and even Exodus) didn't say: "dear Moses, you should do this as a suggestion because your people may get a terrible disease" or "if you eat pork in these conditions at the desert you would need to cook that meat til reaching certain temperature otherwise you can get a worm that goes up to your people's brains" , "besides the fact in your future it will be discover the meat of that animal is similar to human flesh and it's gonna be used to transplant skin whenever there's a burn because the genetic similarities not to mention the likeness of both embryos. " Or, "don't mingle species of animals, don't breed them because in your future, dear Moses, it will be find out there are tiny invisible creatures called 'virus' that will create a biological apocalypse because of that breeding. "
Nop, instead of that it was given orders for the people. The people, of course, dissobeyed. People think we are smarter and it's no needed that...how was it called?, oh yes, "rubbish". When you drive a car there's only one steering wheel, not 2 for the co-driver. There's only one responsible to drive that car. That responsability was given to men. If they have proven irresponsible in the direction of their homes and tribes, and town and countries, that's another problem.... a chauvinist problem. Then we would have to analyze that "rubbish" carefully and think if women's psychology or behavior or brain skills would've done better or not. Very deep chat but I don't wanna enter into that.
11-20-2006, 12:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2006, 12:12 PM by standvast.)
The Ten Commandments
Quote:the ten commandments are chauvinist:
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

it's spoken towards men.

keen observation, in fact, there isn't much of a equal or
at least respected equal position for women at all,
within [most interpretations of] monotheistic doctrine.
Let alone that animals or nature are decribed as
"our neighbours", or feeling things which one should avoid killing or degrading.

Quote:When you drive a car there's only one steering wheel, not 2 for the co-driver. There's only one responsible to drive that car. That responsability was given to men.

IMHO
It was taken by men, it was designed by men, it was not ment
to be "for the few men that are the leaders of humankind", opposed to
a default group of all women being followers and less intelligent men being followers.
It was ment for every living being , but was perverted and twisted by
the predominantly male elites to best fit their purpose.

Quote:Then we would have to analyze that "rubbish" carefully and think if women's psychology or behavior or brain skills would've done better or not. Very deep chat but I don't wanna enter into that.

It's not about which one[male/female] is more capable or would have done a better job,
it's about the teachings being ment to apply to / being created for for all living beings , with no exceptions
but them having been monopolized and twisted to suit the plans of a select group.

Quote:the Ten Commandments are a joke!
NO SHIT you can't go and kill people, steal or whatever if you want a well structured civilization to survive!!

thats fucking common sense...that goes to show you how STUPID people are.

I don't think the ten commandments are a joke,
nor do i think they where handed down from God.
I get your point though that people who think we NEED the ten commandments ,
because otherwise we would have no moral compass or concept of empathy,
have very little faith in theirselves and humanity as a whole , and could be titled "stupid" in a sense,
as in "not-respecting of the common sense and mental capacity humans have
to realise for themselves without help from "God" that stealing. killing and raping is deplorable and why.

peace'
standvast.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

11-20-2006, 12:44 PM,
The Ten Commandments
The car was designed by men, not those laws. Moses in fact had previously killed an Egyptian and the law of not killing was applied even to him by the inspirer of the law. I have set examples of that ancient knowledge we're beginning to discover. One thing is saying the law applies to everyone and second thing is saying the law had to be applied BY everyone. These are 2 different subjects. We can't just ignore who had the responsability of those actions. I'm not saying women are less capable and I'm sorry if any of you misunderstood or put words in my mouth that I didn't say. It's a fact men and women are not the same not in psychological way, nor in physical way or attitudes toward several things. If people think this is an attack against free rights for everyone, that's a mistake. I'm not saying this. As a matter of fact I didn't even wanted to enter explaining those things and I won't. We simple are different and have different skills. Now, if men were uncapable to do the things properly and then after use the knowledge to subdue and exploit women that's another thing far away from the topic. We're talking about the laws themselves not who applied it, how did they applied them or guessing how the things would've been if the circumstances or people applying them were different.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Twelve Commandments harmonius 2 597 03-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Last Post: GutSmoke