Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Save Google Videos As Avi
11-29-2006, 06:56 PM,
I posted this some time ago but seeing as this is a new related section i figured I'd post it again. Very handy.
This article is the result of me being asked countless times how to change the .mp4 from http://video.google.com to .AVI, when you can simply download them as .AVI to begin with.

Step 1 Navigate to the Google Video that you want to download as if you were simply watching it normally.

Step 2 Click the Download button on the right side of the screen. It will ask if you want to download the Google Video Player. Click Cancel/No!.

Step 3 Click Manually download the video on the right side of the screen, under the Download button. Save this GVP file and open it with Notepad.

Step 4 If its not already on, turn on Word Wrap in Notepad by clicking the Format menu, then Word Wrap.

Step 5 In Notepad, select and copy all the text in between url: and docid:

Step 6 Paste this address into your internet browser or download manager, and let the download begin!

You can delete the GVP file you downloaded, its not needed any more.

That's all folks! AVI straight from Google Video.

:cool:
11-30-2006, 04:07 AM,
That's great TRA

I can un install Google vid player now as I've had a few probs with it, for some reason my spyware terminator doesn't like it, even after a deinstall and reinstall.

Plus avi is a better and more flexi format of course.

Cheers
11-30-2006, 06:51 PM,
awesome, i been tryin to find this on the old board.
11-30-2006, 07:02 PM,
I did not try this because I have so many that needed conversion
and did not work well afterwards.

This text: copy all the text in between url: and docid:
is the url placed in the download accelerator?
12-01-2006, 11:11 PM,
that or just in your browser. it works great. its easy too. at 1st look it seemd like it may be a little tricky, but its simple. i been doin it all day.
lovin it :wink:
12-27-2006, 05:01 PM,
If you download "Bink and Smacker" RAD Video Tools, you can just download the iPod/PSP video and convert it straight to AVI with that.

An alternative way of doing it.
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM,
It's probably just because I'm using Linux, but if I select 'Download for Windows/Mac', it lets me download the AVI file directly instead of trying to make me download their player. I'm sure there's a conspiracy in there, somewhere.
01-10-2007, 02:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM by buddha01.)
what about keepvid.com

[Image: site_logo.gif]
You paste the yourtube or google video link in and then you get a link to download, does flash avi...
01-12-2007, 10:29 PM,
What i found so far, very easy way to download google video as .FLV, .AVI or .MP4 whatever you like more, information on how to is found here, very handy.
Basically you just create bookmark in your browser with java script and when you on google page with video you click that bookmark and it opens new page with download links for this video in 3 formats, works for every single google video i come across and no installation needed, you can then play videos with VLC player.

Though if someone knows easy way to fix google videos to play with windows media player pls let me know.
09-06-2007, 07:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM by isisism.)
Does anyone know if any of these solutions work with the new google video? Now they only have the download in mp4 or ipod or something.

Two days after I started using that method of changing the gvp file that gets downloaded initially they changed the site!

TIA

Edit: This method in the post right before mine does still work! Whee!!!
09-25-2007, 04:54 AM,
Thanks for all that info! A couple days after I posted that that one method still worked to get avi's from google it stopped working!

I'm going to try that google video downloader, but it does look like it's old and google just changed their site around. Now it seems you can't get to the avi files. :(
09-25-2007, 02:04 PM,
Quote:Thanks for all that info! A couple days after I posted that that one method still worked to get avi's from google it stopped working!

I'm going to try that google video downloader, but it does look like it's old and google just changed their site around. Now it seems you can't get to the avi files. :(
Yeah that's true. Google Video's avi's are a thing of the past it seems unfortunately. But you can still download the flv file and convert it to an avi using:

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
General Brainquirks:http://1phil4everyill.wordpress.com

Mind control imbued by movies:http://predictiveprogramminginmovies.blogspot.com

Movers and Shakers of the SMOM:http://moversandshakersofthesmom.blogspot...identity.html
11-23-2007, 07:12 PM,
Making note of these downloaders.

Still searching for a continuous page downloader.

Need it for this document:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopol...treet/index.htm
12-29-2007, 02:04 PM,
The easiest way I have found to make permanent copies of vids you see on youtube etc is just to browse through your temporary internet files and make copies of the .flv files to some other location on your computer.

Sometimes they wont be called .flv they might be .com or have no extension, most will be called get[video] or just a big long string of numbers and letters mixed together.

The vids will normally be the biggest files in the temp internet files folders. I have a 6 second clip of a squirrel doing a dramatic turn to foreboding music it is 219k, a 45 min video in .flv is 142meg.

Most other files in the temp internet files folders will be tiny by comparison with the videos

Once you make the copy of that file in your documents folder, rename it whatever you like and save with the .flv extension.

These files can be played well with vlc media player.

A good free and easy to use .flv to .avi converter can be found at http://dhost.info/jack1024/flvtoavi_en/

It comes in a little zip file, just extract and run the flvtoavi.exe, select the .flv and hit convert. I found the quality of the resulting .avi to be a little reduced, but not horribly so.

If having the recording in .avi so more people can watch it easily is more important than perfect quality, then get pazera and learn to find those temp video files before you delete the cache.

“I'm not from earth. I'm here on a research project. I'm preparing a paper on the psychosomatic ailments of pre-Apocalyptic condominium dwellers.”
-Sappho, Ash Ock

The Mushrooms once said to me "You must have a plan. If you don't have a plan, you will become part of someone else's plan."
-Terence McKenna
12-29-2007, 02:24 PM,
thanks teslaandlyne for this link http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopol...treet/index.htm looks like good stuff
What kills me makes me stronger !

No favor asked no quarter given !

Your sitting in your comfort you don't believe I'm real,
You cannot buy protection from the way that I feel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Latest JoyCamp Videos CharliePrime 2 385 03-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Google Acquires Quantum 512 Qubit Computing funded by Goldman Sachs mexika 0 291 06-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Last Post: mexika
  he videos Piers Morgan and Dianne Feinstein don’t want you to see mexika 1 296 01-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Last Post: pax681
  hed pe Political videos gsxrjunkie99 0 274 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Last Post: gsxrjunkie99
  Google Sold Us Out : ALL Info. NOW Stored In Foreign Servers : Credit Cards Phone Log mexika 0 328 01-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Last Post: mexika
  Strange Videos Erik 2 557 12-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
  Google Video Closing Down (All Content WILL be Lost) Dunamis 10 3,120 05-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Collection of anti royal wedding videos TriWooOx 5 883 05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Swordfish
  UFO fleet over Japan, After Tsunami & Earthquake, 3 videos, Japan and Pakistan Erik 1 580 03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Last Post: rsol
  Google Teams Up With CIA to Fund "Future Monitoring" TriWooOx 1 603 08-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Last Post: drew hempel