Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
12-06-2006, 03:22 PM,
#1
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
In response to rampant obesity, the U.S. government declares a war on junk food. Authorities investigate salt addicts. Candy wrappers and barbeque grills are confiscated as paraphernalia. Pre-employment urine screenings test for illicit food traces. Fast-food felons receive ten-year federal prison sentences. Diabetics are denied insulin, because the government wants to avoid sending mixed messages about sugar abuse. Police are charged with corruption for doughnut possession. Military forces are dispatched to Africa to destroy chocolate-producing cocoa fields. To discourage street gangs, like the Ice Cream Crew and the Hot Dog Homeboys, officials post Neighborhood Weight-Watch signs in suburbs across the nation.



One very funny book. :biggrin:
a couple of chapters, here-
http://www.encpress.com/JUNK_excerpt.html

http://www.encpress.com/JUNK.html
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
Reply
12-06-2006, 03:42 PM,
#2
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
Trust me. The establishment WANTS you to eat junk that makes you lazy both physically and mentally. I always get a kick out of reading establishment articles talking about how evil junk food is, like they have nothing to do with it. Tragically funny.
Reply
12-06-2006, 11:21 PM,
#3
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
What limits one goes to for good ice cream indeed! :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qCSahatkbk
Reply
12-07-2006, 12:18 AM,
#4
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
Quote:What limits one goes to for good ice cream indeed! :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qCSahatkbk
Strange indeed :crazy:
How are you today Serial, good I hope.

This book - JUNK, really is a quite funny, non-establishment, fiction book. To bad only a few free chapters, I wish I could post the whole thing.
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
Reply
12-07-2006, 06:29 AM,
#5
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
We will no how much the GOV wans us to eat Trans fat by the amount they starting taxing it.
Reply
12-07-2006, 09:17 AM,
#6
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
I going to miss calling PIGS, PIGS!:scream:
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&


[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
Reply
12-07-2006, 07:49 PM,
#7
U.s. Government Declares A War On Junk Food
Quote:Trust me. The establishment WANTS you to eat junk that makes you lazy both physically and mentally. I always get a kick out of reading establishment articles talking about how evil junk food is, like they have nothing to do with it. Tragically funny.

Nazis wanted also physically healthy citizens. They needed them for soldiers.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Jobcentres tricking the vulnerable to save money and meet government targets drummer 0 554 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Last Post: drummer
  Chinese Food On Christmas LMFAO! Weyland 0 442 12-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  check this out - Government is taking over websites mexika 0 597 07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Last Post: mexika
  The government has your baby's DNA datars 0 565 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Last Post: datars
  Think Government Is Corrupt? You May Face 10 Years In Jail datars 2 733 02-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Melchor
  English girl barred from Government job...because she is wrong kind of white Guest 1 486 08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ---
  UK Government War Book declassified icewhale 2 1,570 06-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Last Post: icewhale
  What type of government do you think is best? mastermg 21 2,726 06-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Last Post: ---
  Government Critics to be Sent to Mental Asylums? TriWooOx 0 363 05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Fat tests for adults over 40 in new Government drive Guest 4 722 04-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Last Post: jack

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)