Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Not Opposed To Esoteric Knowlege & Wisdom?
01-06-2007, 09:33 AM,
Hey all

Learning of occult and esoteric info: IMHO its like anything else of its caliber, its a double-edged sword. I am anti-globalization/NWO controlled paradigm etc. but to me learning some of the esoteric secrets that so many ppl hide for various reasons can only empower you; even if you only use the info as reference. I like Alex Jones and so on; but IMO ppl like Texe Marrs are out-of-line and spin things nearly as much as the MSM. Pretty much all esoterica/hermeticism/mystery school type teachings have multiple meanings and can therefore be interepeted (or misinterpeted) different ways...
01-06-2007, 09:53 AM,
Quote:all esoterica/hermeticism/mystery school type teachings have multiple meanings and can therefore be interepeted (or misinterpeted) different ways...

You make a good point, many teachings are multi-facetted and everyone has
his own interpretation, if there ever where designated "correct" interpretations,
defined by the teachings originators they are not available to us,
so our own interpretations / discernment and intent of study matters alot.

Responding to your title question ; yes , there are plenty people around who
are not at all opposed to teachings or knowledge that where priorly unknown to most people..
in fact i think nobody on the site is opposed to knowledge and wisdom, of one type or the other:wink:
Quote:to me learning some of the esoteric secrets that so many ppl hide for various reasons can only empower you

In a sense i suppose it can, but the "power" , depends on the application of the knowledge.

peace'
standvast.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

01-06-2007, 09:53 AM,
I am not opposed. What exactly did you have in mind?

Stuff like this?
http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.asp
and this?
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/skinbags/id54.htm
and this?
http://www.plotinus.com/zhine_tibetan_dream_yoga.htm

or what? :gum:
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
01-06-2007, 10:19 AM,
in addition to deathstick's links :

Grimoires and other works @ twilit Grotto

Translations of tibetan Bon texts and other works

Hermetics.org
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

01-06-2007, 10:25 AM,
standvast, those links = pwnage. :biggrin:
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
01-06-2007, 12:51 PM,
Quote:Hey all

Learning of occult and esoteric info: IMHO its like anything else of its caliber, its a double-edged sword. I am anti-globalization/NWO controlled paradigm etc. but to me learning some of the esoteric secrets that so many ppl hide for various reasons can only empower you; even if you only use the info as reference. I like Alex Jones and so on; but IMO ppl like Texe Marrs are out-of-line and spin things nearly as much as the MSM. Pretty much all esoterica/hermeticism/mystery school type teachings have multiple meanings and can therefore be interepeted (or misinterpeted) different ways...

Laura Knight Jadzcyk has done extensive research on esoteric knowledge, ancient religion, the metaphysical, etc. Rather than reinventing the wheel, read what she and the Quantum Future Group have to say.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/intro.htm
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/site_map_qfg.htm
01-07-2007, 11:45 PM,
All knowledge is worth it. We didn't eat that fruit for nothing, skinwearers! Go be sheep if you want, I'm having me an apple.
01-08-2007, 12:42 AM,
Quote:All knowledge is worth it. We didn't eat that fruit for nothing, skinwearers! Go be sheep if you want, I'm having me an apple.

here here
01-08-2007, 10:24 AM,
That's the spirit!
01-08-2007, 12:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2007, 12:49 PM by Solve et Coagula.)
Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omraam_Mikhaël_Aïvanhov ) and Peter Deunov (Beinsa Douno) ( http://www.beinsadouno.org ) are true guides in the endless ocean of esoteric teachings... highly recommended...

Best wishes from Switzerland

lwwb
Roger
02-26-2007, 10:21 PM,
Quote:All knowledge is worth it. We didn't eat that fruit for nothing, skinwearers! Go be sheep if you want, I'm having me an apple.
Those who understand what is going on cannot be controlled by what is going on.
03-04-2007, 06:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2007, 06:51 AM by Dexter.)
Wow, thanks for the links that people have posted already.

Yeah, I agree that there is nothing wrong with studying esoteric subjects as long as you maintain a level of virtuous responsibility. But like any empowering spiritual practice, whether it’d be esoteric or exoteric, people may be tempted to abuse their power like what has been seen so many times throughout history. As long as you’re conscious of this, you should be able to advance your spiritual understanding without having to make any Faustian pacts or submitting to so-called higher authority. Remember, this is mostly mythology and what you're dealing with is mainly your imagination.

For now I'll contribute The Alchemy Web Site http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html (probably the best alchemical site on the net...if you know of better, let me know)

I’ll probably post more later…I just have to fish through my overwhelming huge collection of bookmarks
04-10-2007, 07:48 PM,
My opinion is there is a world of a difference between knowledge and practice, and practicing the occult is different than knowing about it.
04-14-2007, 07:28 PM,
Unfortunately nowadays there are too many psuedo-occultist schools that teach dangerous things and dangerous methods. It is hard to personally identify the good from the bad, but the bad generally make promises of "happiness" or "freedom" with very little work on the part of the individual. In truth, a true revolution of the self and attaining true freedom and happiness is the hardest thing in the world and goes against all of life as we know it. It is known as the "Path of the Razor's Edge" since its difficulty cannot even be imagined.

Anything that teaches Black or Gray Tantrism is dangerous and anything teaching invocation of spirits, mediumship, or spiritual possession can potentially be life-threatening.

The only true occultist works I have found and followed are those of Samael Aun Weor, Dion Fortune, Rudolf Steiner, M, H.P. Blavatsky, Max Heindel, and a few others I cannot remember. Samael is probably the best and most recent (and complete) and contains an incredible amount of wisdom in his teachings. If one wants to study true occultism then please read his works as they are excellent and extremely profound. As for Aleister Crowley, ignore his works as they are materialist trash that could potentially lead to much harm on the part of the practitioner.
04-15-2007, 02:38 AM,
Quote:anything teaching invocation of spirits, mediumship, or spiritual possession can potentially be life-threatening.

We can all come up with reasons why mind control is bad, but to openly invite the mofo's that the Illuminati Elitists worship to take possession of your lives is fucc'in stupid, naa' mean?!?!?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wisdom Solve et Coagula 0 317 04-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The I Ching, The Most Modern Ancient Wisdom Classic Solve et Coagula 0 280 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
  Esoteric Christ vs Exoteric Christianity: True Religion of Christ vs Churchianity Solve et Coagula 1 503 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: tahuti
  Esoteric Christianity vs Exoteric Christianity: True Religion of Christ vs Churchiani Solve et Coagula 5 1,038 11-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Last Post: hardline
  Esoteric Christianity and Exoteric Christianity Solve et Coagula 0 573 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
  The Christ and God of the bible, as opposed to those of religion. Dunamis 35 5,567 03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Krusty
  Esoteric Christianity vs Exoteric Christianity: True Religion of Christ vs Churchianity Solve et Coagula 0 530 05-16-2009, 10:18 AM
  The Wisdom of Chief Seattle mothandrust 0 477 02-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: mothandrust
  Crazy Wisdom & New Age Narcissism Solve et Coagula 0 407 10-16-2007, 09:59 PM
  Paths of Wisdom Solve et Coagula 0 338 10-05-2007, 06:37 PM