Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Mutant Hog Killed In Suburban Atlanta
01-09-2007, 12:19 PM,
The "mainstream media" loves this type of reporting.

It certainly distracts the public from more pressing issues.

On the other hand, stories like this remind one that crypto-zoological oddities are no farther than your local neighborhood.

Check out the slide show of this swine at link.

Though I wouldn't want to meet this beast alone in a dark alley ...:LOL:

... my sympathies still go out to the hog.:(

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another Hogzilla Caught Near Atlanta: Georgia hunter boasts he shot and killed 1,100-pound wild hog in Atlanta suburb

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga., Jan. 6, 2007 (posted at link)

(AP) A giant wild hog boasted to be bigger than the near-mythical "Hogzilla" caught in southern Georgia a few years ago has been killed in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood.

The hog hung snout down from a tree Friday in William Coursey's front yard, not far from where the avid hunter said he shot the beast. He said he hauled it to a truck weight station, which recorded the hairy hog at 1,100 pounds.

The Department of Natural Resources did not know whether the hog was a record for the state. "We don't keep records on hogs," said Melissa Cummings of the DNR's public affairs department.

But Coursey believes his behemoth surpasses the famed super swine shot and killed in 2004 that weighed in at half a ton on the farm's scales. A team of National Geographic experts later confirmed [that the 2004] "Hogzilla" didn't quite live up to the 1,000-pound, 12-foot hype, saying the beast was probably 7 1/2 to 8 feet long, and weighed about 800 pounds.

The news of Coursey's kill got people are talking about the enormous beasts that roam the state.

"Nobody keeps official records," said Daryl Kirby, an editor with Georgia Outdoor News. "But it's one heck of a hog."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1,100-Pound 'Hogzilla' Killed By Hunter Near Atlanta

UPDATED: 11:28 am EST January 5, 2007 (posted at link)

FAYETTE CO., Ga. -- A wild boar, weighing 1,100 pounds, was killed near Atlanta, Georgia. Residents said the so-called 'Hogzilla' had been tearing up their yards for years.

A neighbor, who touts being an avid hunter, shot the pig in another neighbor's yard. The animal was then displayed hanging from a tree.

In recent years, the animals have been spotted and killed in Georgia, but the Department of Natural Resources is trying to determine if the size of the most recent one breaks a state record.
01-09-2007, 01:00 PM,
Quote:The "mainstream media" loves this type of reporting.

Do you?
The InfoUnderground
TiU Radio
http://www.TheInfoUnderground.com
01-09-2007, 01:39 PM,
I thought that you needed a pic to give more impact to the article, here you go.

[Image: 10679051_480X360.jpg]

I must say , that is a big biatch.
01-09-2007, 02:11 PM,
Quote:Do you?
Hi, Ognir!

Loved your Torrent photograph (at link) and Rockefeller photograph (at link).B)

I have always been fascinated by animals co-existing with humans in urban environments.:)

For me, personally: Alberta (Ctrl's neck of the woods) was classic.

*Very large* animals freely entered Albertan cities. Moose, bighorn sheep, bears (brown and grizzly), you name it.

All the Albertan trash dumpsters had to be secured with a double latch system to make them "bear proof". The bears were smart ...

... and the large animal presence reminded you that they were there long before the humans.

As I recall, Ireland still has wild animals and "oddities", doesn't it? :o

Hope you are enjoying France!
Quote:I thought that you needed a pic to give more impact to the article, here you go ...
Thanks for posting the pic, Calculon!

Yeah, that baby's big!;)
01-09-2007, 02:30 PM,
For info

I have a Video debunking Hogzilla
so he wasn't 1100lbs he was more like 900lbs
still a lot of pork chop:LOL:
The InfoUnderground
TiU Radio
http://www.TheInfoUnderground.com
01-09-2007, 05:16 PM,
It doesn't seem surprising to me at all. I've taken care of domestic pigs that were over 800 pounds.
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]
01-09-2007, 05:22 PM,
the little basards are known to kill people. imagine what that thing could do. thats one big pig.
[Image: terrorists_230606.gif]
01-09-2007, 10:49 PM,
Not really that big of deal. Look at the Shaq with his size 22 sneakers, now thats big. :biggrin:
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
01-10-2007, 12:49 AM,
Quote:the little basards are known to kill people. imagine what that thing could do. thats one big pig.

Hogs are known to kill people?
[Image: paulbanneroc1.gif]
01-10-2007, 02:49 AM,
I bet the guy who killed it was arrested for animal cruelty and illegal possession of a firearm... and his family has to sell off the pork to get him out of jail and pay the lawyer fees... but they won't be able to sell the meat because it there are to many vegetarians in the region and people frown on genetically modified food... so the family will have to feast on pork while daddy rots in a cell for protecting his family. One way or another the family will have food on the table thanks to dad. :crazy:
Restore the Republic purchase
America: Freedom to Fascism at:
http://www.buyfreedomtofascism.com
Start home screenings, rent a hall, library or coffee shop... get off your ass and into the streets.
[Image: banner_liberty_468x60.jpg]
A percentage of each purchase made at http://www.buyfreedomtofascism.com and http://www.buyAFTF.com goes to support the Lone Lantern Society of America
[Image: LLS_long_Banner-visit.jpg]
http://www.lonelantern.org
01-10-2007, 02:56 AM,
Quote:
Quote:the little basards are known to kill people. imagine what that thing could do. thats one big pig.

Hogs are known to kill people?
wild bore can yeah. mmmmmmm look at all that bacon, that would make one mean blt. :tongue:
[Image: terrorists_230606.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man killed 2 year old during World Cup game drummer 6 1,761 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Mike_Smith
  Cambodians beaten, raped and killed at illegal detention camp funded by UN drummer 0 474 10-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Last Post: drummer
  'MANY' BUFFALO RESIDENTS AMONG THOSE KILLED IN CRASH hilly7 8 1,978 02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Last Post: starviego
  Shootings and solidarity: a very problematic case (Lithuanian father killed an allege --- 5 1,198 12-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Last Post: ---
  Parents' Hospital Lawsuit Says Teen Was 'Killed' For Organs hilly7 6 1,157 03-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Beverly Eckert killed in NY plane crash drummer 3 1,121 02-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Steel Support Column Argument Killed Once and For All.. Use JP5 in a P. FirePit Yakhont26 1 800 09-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  How secret talks killed off apartheid TriWooOx 0 388 08-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Nine US troops killed in assault on Afghan base hammer 0 465 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Last Post: hammer
  Dozens of names left off official list of British soldiers killed in Iraq TriWooOx 0 491 06-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Last Post: TriWooOx