Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista Release Imminent
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM,
Vista Release Imminent
And as if I need remind anyone that Vista is crap?

http://digg.com/software/10_reasons_not_to_get_Vista

The comments are even better. The fanboys defend their stance.
&Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth.& - Kahlil Gibran
&Orwell was right, but 20 years off&
&The mouth of the Just shall meditate Wisdom, and [their] tongue shall speak Judgement...& - Lilium
01-30-2007, 03:05 PM,
Vista Release Imminent
Just caught it on the BBC.

Of course there was no criticism from there. Only regarding the price and the fact that computers more than a couple of years old wouldn't be able to run it.

I know very little about Vista apart from what i've read on your link. Is there anything else to add?
01-30-2007, 11:27 PM,
Vista Release Imminent
Well, Vista is a mixed bag of nice n nasty,

Expensive, 64-bit drivers lacking, Expensive, DRM limitations, dials home all the time revalidating your license and more snooping, new hardware requirements and is Expensive.

If you get the cheaper OEM license versions, you are tied to your initial hardware, the license is not transferable.

Yes the interface is quite nice, but its a rip off Linux and Mac OS X. Its just a skinned XP with extra bells n whistles, friendlier interfaces etc. Heck SP1 is scheduled for the summer already!

Besides, Beryl, Looking Glass and XGL type 3D Linux desktops look rather cool and give it a serious run for money, if you don't mind leaving the windows platform behind, saving $$$ and regaining your freedom....

Plenty of choices I'd say.
01-31-2007, 06:32 AM,
Vista Release Imminent
I have an un substansiated hunch that every version of Windows that Microsoft releases...is just a more advanced and deeper layer of spy tools and monitoring being directly fed to whoever wants it.
Do you really think your a higher form of life? You...With your dripping jaws, and your bloodshot eyes. You...With your varicosities and your vermin for an appendix. You...with your hemroids and assterioids. Often I wake up at night and ponder these matters. And then I feel very strongly that I should talk them over with Brother Theodore...and then, and then I wake up fully and remember that I am Brother Theodore. And my heart aches. And my tears flow. And I see my Aunt Marie floating in the chicken soup...more dead than alive...more naked than not. And oh, now I see a mailman, a mailman giving birth to a dog of all things!

Never a moments peace, never a moments peace...never a moments peace.
02-02-2007, 10:31 AM,
Vista Release Imminent
Didnt the NSA fuck with Vista?
The first step to revolution is consciousness,
So I wont stop screaming at you until this all make sense.
02-02-2007, 10:03 PM,
Vista Release Imminent
Yep, I'm guessing the new and improved windows genuine advantage authentication spyware also sends your visited web links and favourites to the NSA too.. hehe..

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/09/1356222

This site mentions the NSA always being involved in windows - http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/5/5263/1.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the best vista firewall/antivirus program? etqg 8 1,841 11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Last Post: JFK
  interesting new release Alchemy.Mindworks.Pagan.Daybook.3 Weyland 14 2,796 02-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ---
  Nsa Helped Microsoft Build Vista flatron 14 2,952 03-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Last Post: bando
  Vista Serials Cracked Through Brute Force Method markj113 4 1,345 03-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Last Post: yeti
  Vista Drm Cracked By Security Researcher viladrau 2 795 01-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Keen
  Vista Activation Hacked JohnDoe1984 10 2,123 01-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Microsoft To Release Eleven Security Updates DoKtAhMaDiZmS 0 602 10-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Last Post: DoKtAhMaDiZmS