Poll: Do you currently use cannabis/ marijuana in any form?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pot Usage In Conspiracy Theorists
03-04-2007, 05:39 AM,
This idea has been brought up a couple of times in the War on Drugs Forum and I thought this would be really interesting.

The theory has been presented that pot use is a positive influence on breaking the mental bonds we are under from the media, the government and the NWO in general. To support this, I also feel that is one reason pot use is so demonized and misrepresented to the US in general and it's youth in particular. I also suggest that is one of the strongest reasons it is still illegal, even for medical use.

Answer the poll questions and feel free to leave your opinions on this theory.

Thanks for participating!

:joint: :joint: :joint:

P.S. If you answered "yes" to any questions, time to burn one. :biggrin:
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
03-04-2007, 05:44 AM,
I smoked pot and alot of other hard drugs for years and years. I did not always use hard drugs when I used pot for periods of time.

Regaurdless my ultimate conclussion of pot is that it sucks. And so do drugs. It just makes you feel stupid, and plugged up and tired.

So no thanks for me.

I think pot might be good for somebody who's an artist and thats their career but asides that I dont think it can help you at all deal in the logical real world.
Do you really think your a higher form of life? You...With your dripping jaws, and your bloodshot eyes. You...With your varicosities and your vermin for an appendix. You...with your hemroids and assterioids. Often I wake up at night and ponder these matters. And then I feel very strongly that I should talk them over with Brother Theodore...and then, and then I wake up fully and remember that I am Brother Theodore. And my heart aches. And my tears flow. And I see my Aunt Marie floating in the chicken soup...more dead than alive...more naked than not. And oh, now I see a mailman, a mailman giving birth to a dog of all things!

Never a moments peace, never a moments peace...never a moments peace.
03-04-2007, 05:47 AM,
Interesting choice for a thread. It's a subject that I've thought of myself. There seems to be a prevalence of marijuana users both here and in the truth movement in general.

I'd say the average user here is a 23 year old pothead from the UK. One thing that might contribute to this is if you use pot and you know the truth about it you already know the power of the establishment to spread deception. That makes you more receptive to the thought that other supposed "facts" we've been taught are all make believe.
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]
03-04-2007, 05:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2007, 05:59 AM by harflimon.)
Yes, Yes, Yes, No.

I can't say it positively helps me deal with this system. I usually use it to forget for a little while, for the freedom that comes with it. While I enjoy that I don't think it's a positive influence. Certainly it is a selfish indulgence and my scare resources could be put to better use.

edit: Just as an interesting note, I smoked pot for about three years and was just the typical pot-head high-school student, but after I did mushrooms I really felt like I was missing something. It felt like there was a truth to the universe I wasn't being keyed in on and that's when I really started looking for answers. Mushrooms helped me become mentally aware more than weed.
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
03-04-2007, 07:00 AM,
Quote:I'd say the average user here is a 23 year old pothead from the UK. One thing that might contribute to this is if you use pot and you know the truth about it you already know the power of the establishment to spread deception. That makes you more receptive to the thought that other supposed "facts" we've been taught are all make believe.

I'm out of the norm being a 36 year old male in the US. :help:

That is an interesting point and takes a different angle from my thoughts. That's definitely another valid reason for them to keep it illegal.
My basis was more along the lines of chemical changes upon our awareness.

In my personal experiences with pot, I find that for relaxing and "taking a vacation" from all of this horror, a stronger Indica strain does the trick. When I'm interested in keeping a clear head, being social or analyzing things, I find a stronger Sativa strain is great. Like Conspiracy Dave said, it is a little difficult to function in the everyday world...but I know way more folks that do this than I would have imagined. I also know folks that function better stoned than sober. LOL

John Doe 1984, you bring up another new poll with shrooms. There's a whole dimension in the shamanic realm with them, peyote, even pot and other similar substances. I'm less well versed with those other substances from personal taste but it is still a fascinating area of research.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
03-04-2007, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2007, 07:05 AM by mothandrust.)
can't remember
can't remember
can't remember
can't remember

Quote:P.S. If you answered "yes" to any questions, time to burn one. :biggrin:

err... i'm at work, think i might get in trouble

and John, (sadly) i'm the wrong side of 50 - although i am in the UK
Vitam Impendere Vero
03-04-2007, 07:27 AM,
I smoked weed a few times and didnt really like it. I thought it was pretty lame. But I dunno, maybe something went awry. I just didnt see what was so cool about it.
03-04-2007, 07:52 AM,
Yeah, I had to smoke it quite a few times before I ever really got anything from it. Nowdays I'm a one hit wonder. :wink:
&its just like.. doood ya get the best barrels ever dood..
its just like.. ya pull in and ya just get spit right out of em...
ya just drop in n just smack the lip.. whabap.. drop down..
zibbaaaahhhahahah..
n then after that.. ya drop in.. ride the barrel..
and get pitted.. sooo pitted like that&
- surfer dood

Northern Alberta Surface Water Study
check it out: www.nasws.ca
03-04-2007, 07:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2007, 07:57 AM by Conspiracy Dave.)
It can be fun if you have a joint once a month. But I still dont like pot anymore. I can feel it in me for a long time after I smoke it, It feels like grease on my brain for a week after. Even if I'm just imagining it.

Gimmie a bunch of beers and I'll think of alot wierder shit than ever on pot, lol.
Do you really think your a higher form of life? You...With your dripping jaws, and your bloodshot eyes. You...With your varicosities and your vermin for an appendix. You...with your hemroids and assterioids. Often I wake up at night and ponder these matters. And then I feel very strongly that I should talk them over with Brother Theodore...and then, and then I wake up fully and remember that I am Brother Theodore. And my heart aches. And my tears flow. And I see my Aunt Marie floating in the chicken soup...more dead than alive...more naked than not. And oh, now I see a mailman, a mailman giving birth to a dog of all things!

Never a moments peace, never a moments peace...never a moments peace.
03-04-2007, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2007, 08:36 AM by shZ.)
Quote:It can be fun if you have a joint once a month. But I still dont like pot anymore. I can feel it in me for a long time after I smoke it, It feels like grease on my brain for a week after. Even if I'm just imagining it.

Gimmie a bunch of beers and I'll think of alot wierder shit than ever on pot, lol.

I kind of feel the same way. I used to be a complete pothead at one point, but then I quit because it wasn't doing me any good anymore, plus I had other reasons to quit too. I ended up spending all my money on it and not getting jack done. I think with any drug, it only benefits you to a certain point, after that it's diminishing returns. Plus, I don't like any drugs anymore to be honest, which again, I also have other reasons for staying away from. I feel much better being sober for a while now.
shZ - Minimal Tech Session v2.3
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Progressive House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v2.3

shZ - Minimal Tech Session v1.3 / The Journey to Here
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Breaks / Progressive House, Minimal Tech House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v1.3 / The Journey to Here

shZ - Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Style: Trance, Progressive Trance/House, Breaks / Psy Trance, Goa Trance, Trance
Download link: Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
03-04-2007, 08:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2007, 08:52 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Pot! Love the herb, but alas can no longer afford it or find it.

BUT for artists and muscians, I feel it is invaluable in the process of becoming a conduit for the muse.

It seems to allow one to be more fully present in the moment and access something extra, but I also believe that once you have expanded your mind (maybe created new neural pathways?), that augmentation will exist long after the initial experience. You will be changed, it will be subtle but you will be expanded, JMO.

I also feel pot is like no other drug in that it seems to relax the body and mind and facilitate direct experiences of inspiration while at the same time allowing someone to just feel slightly enhanced and relaxed and in no way dysfunctional in terms of motor control, albeit perhaps more apathetic.

The downside seems to be what it does to a person's short-term memory and perhaps memory impairment in general.

It always amazed me that alcohol was on every street corner when it has done SO much damage to SO many people and was such a detriment to the family unit.

Alcohol is undeniably fun socially for a superficial good time, but pot is always a deeper social connection, JMO.

I think pot is God's herbal gift to us all. Shame how it is treated.
03-04-2007, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2007, 09:10 AM by JohnDoe1984.)
[Image: ItNotCrack.jpg]
[Image: thcgrail.jpg]
MMMMMMmmmmm!!!! :biggrin:

Quote:It feels like grease on my brain for a week after.
Yeah lubing it up so it stays working good... hehe
Have you heard that the human brain is pre-wired for THC? We have receptors built for it in our brains.
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]
03-04-2007, 09:08 AM,
Quote:[Image: thcgrail.jpg]
MMMMMMmmmmm!!!! :biggrin:

Wow, I know I've quit, but that makes me want to... :scream::scream::scream:

Am I the only one here who smoked at one point, quit, and thinks that even pot isn't any good in the the long run anymore?
shZ - Minimal Tech Session v2.3
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Progressive House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v2.3

shZ - Minimal Tech Session v1.3 / The Journey to Here
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Breaks / Progressive House, Minimal Tech House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v1.3 / The Journey to Here

shZ - Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Style: Trance, Progressive Trance/House, Breaks / Psy Trance, Goa Trance, Trance
Download link: Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
03-04-2007, 09:11 AM,
I believe that Pot awoke me first to the fact that the government continues the practice art of deception and denial, about the dangers of weed usage. At first I could not believe that the government would lie about things to the public. After I started searching for things that the Gov. lied about or covered up. It makes me sane ......
It was like waking from a dream.
03-04-2007, 09:14 AM,
Quote:BUT for artists and muscians, I feel it is invaluable in the process of becoming a conduit for the muse.

It seems to allow one to be more fully present in the moment and access something extra, but I also believe that once you have expanded your mind (maybe created new neural pathways?), that augmentation will exist long after the initial experience. You will be changed, it will be subtle but you will be expanded, JMO.

That's a good observation that parallels my experiences.
New creative and analytical pathways are opened and do remain accessible to me when I'm not high. I feel that I become more attached to everything. It feels to me like a Zen state when I am playing music. Weed perhaps, reduces the ego and promotes connection in various forms.

Quote:I also feel pot is like no other drug in that it seems to relax the body and mind and facilitate direct experiences of inspiration while at the same time allowing someone to just feel slightly enhanced and relaxed and in no way dysfunctional in terms of motor control, albeit perhaps more apathetic.

I feel that the tendency to accept things as they happen is stronger in Indica and lesser or completely absent in Sativa. Sativa tends to be more creative in some ways as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am in the MOOD for a real fucked up scary conspiracy documentary ? Weyland 16 6,331 11-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Last Post: SlayerHippie
  It's a conspiracy! stiffy 0 281 08-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Last Post: stiffy
  who the fuck is Adam Parfrey? : conspiracy theory 101 Frank2 0 261 06-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Frank2
  Bookstores have a "Conspiracy" section ? CharliePrime 6 1,006 07-19-2012, 04:03 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Conspiracy Of Silence (good Quality Version) Yodin 6 1,426 11-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Last Post: rickroderick
  Conspiracy theories are cultural viruses (Hit Piece) drummer 1 837 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Last Post: thokling
  Conspiracy Girls Calendar tsoldrin 393 99,810 08-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dazz1
Tongue Looking for tube sites with conspiracy videos SEXtant 13 2,280 12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Last Post: beardown50
  top conspiracy sites April 9 2,895 10-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Last Post: TheQleaner
  The Jew Blue Conspiracy Shoe joeblow 0 710 07-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: joeblow