Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indigo & Chrystalline Children Embrass The Fuck Out Of French Government
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM,
Quote:Indigo Youngsters Hugely Embarrass the French Government

1 March 2007

Indigo and crystalline youngsters hugely embarrass French Government in big protest and action over homeless.

An extraordinary grass-roots uprising has started as from 16th December 2006 on the banks of the Canal St Martin - a very 'posh' (expensive / up market) and popular tourist area in Paris. It is being driven by the expanded consciousness of young people in France who have created a community action phenomenon which has also greatly embarrassed the French Government.

Over recent years, France has faced a big problem of the growing number of homeless on the streets of its cities. From the standpoint of the French public, it has certainly appeared that their government was doing little, and perhaps cared even less. Until an initiative by a single, inspired individual (whose name I do not know as yet).

He made an approach to Medecins sans Frontiers, the very pro-active, French-based international aid group. Between them they hatched a very high profile plan. Medecins sans Frontiers made available large numbers of bright red tents, and these were pitched, side by side along the canal, and shortly after, along both banks of the River Seine in the very centre of Paris. Homeless from miles away started to come, and on arrival were each given blankets, and a package of basic necessities.

On the opening day of the project, ordinary householders were invited to spend a winter night in one of these tents, and fully connect with the experience. A number accepted and came. They lived with the homeless for long enough to fully re-connect their compassion for the situation, and to want to support the action.

Of course, right in the centre of the tourist areas of Paris, and bright red to boot, this great encampment gave the most public exposure imaginable to the problem. One can imagine the embarrassment of government and politicians (if the latter can, indeed, still be embarrassed! )

Then, a very interesting phenomenon occurred. Many other similar encampments started to spring up on river banks passing through the centres of many of the larger French cities. Young people, many of whom were only in their early teens (or even younger), had taken the initiative. Rather than the young people's protest rioting of a year ago (which had little benefit as a protest, apart form burning off some frustration) , THIS protest is being highly effective. The problem is now exposed for all to see, right across the country. Many homeless have been given better shelter than they have seen for a very long time.

The youngsters have called themselves The Children of Don Quixote (Les Enfants de Don Quichotte) - I guess upsetting the established social order to create such action in a positive way is rather like the good Don tilting at his windmills!

In another somewhat radical move, it is being reported that the same young people are now helping homeless individuals to fill in all those forms which allow them to apply for state housing, and start the road back to becoming 'real people' in the eyes of society once more. They have formed a supporters organisation - in just ten weeks many thousands have already joined it and are supporting the youngsters in taking positive action. The supporters have appealed for jobs, since homelessness and unemployment are closely linked. Their web site shows some of the many letters that have flooded in offering all kinds of employment, usually accompanied by offers of accommodation, meals and payment.

Actually, of course, the homeless are some of the most real people you will find. They have opted out of the false reality that most of us are hopelessly submerged in. Of course, some of them have what we might perceive to be personal challenges, be they social, legal, medical or financial. Many, though, are there by choice - and they all constitute some of the bravest people you can meet. After all, would you know how to cope, out on the street? Would you choose it? Would you even spend one night in a tent, in the middle of a city, in mid winter?

In one of the videos in the links below, a very earnest young man of eleven years is interviewed. He speaks of 'not liking to see people with no shelter on a winter night' and 'the unfairness of the system that causes this'. He is one of the instigators! INCREDIBLE!

This extraordinary social caring phenomenon which has swept the whole of France is a coming-together- in-action of the Indigo and Crystal children. Perhaps they are making their first really large scale public demonstration. In it, they have taken responsibility for an important issue that the old paradigm world has no solution for, and feels totally helpless about. This is a powerful catalytic action for positive change - let us trust that this protest, and the positive action that goes with it, will spread to many other countries, as the real compassion of community consciousness, as demonstrated by the fearless young people who have supported the action, spreads around the world.

Score one big one for the New Reality! And for the new change team in the form of these highly connected youngsters!

Let us look for more such action to bring back and enhance the values and ability to care of a more enlightened society. It moves us sharply away from the dumb down, no values or standards, drone society the New World Order would have us living in.

sorry no source link, it was a myspace bulletin.
[Image: intellektssig.png]

&A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.& -- Bertrand Russell
03-13-2007, 04:08 PM,
Hahahaha, c'est magnifique!

Forget the government, the only way things ever really improve is when people get off their butts, switch off the telly, roll up their sleeves and make an effort.

Here's one relevant link
03-14-2007, 03:32 AM,
very nice find, Intellekt. I'm not an Indigo myself, but I can recognize them and we always have a lot of fun and creativity.

And yes, atomsk, I find it the best thing to simply ignore what the powerful and the wealthy are thinking or doing. If the government is wise, we may enjoy this wisdom, and if the government is corrupt, we use our own wisdom.
I am my savior
03-17-2007, 07:37 PM,
Excellent article Intellekt and even better initiative by those French special children... The world is need of all the healing help it can get so may the future bless the Indigo and Chrystalline children.

It's quite funny that some time ago I also took on of those Indigo Identity tests on the internet to see if I would perhaps be Indigo also. The confirmation score was far above average, so I guess I am one too... :biggrin:
General Brainquirks:http://1phil4everyill.wordpress.com

Mind control imbued by movies:http://predictiveprogramminginmovies.blogspot.com

Movers and Shakers of the SMOM:http://moversandshakersofthesmom.blogspot...identity.html
03-17-2007, 11:04 PM,
Indigo test? Does such a test exist? Crazy

"There's nothing that doesn't exist" (Swiss saying, translated into English)

For those who didn't make the test, they recognize each other very easily. I'm sure that you, ephilution, have met people with which you could communicate on a different level. Almost like a miracle.

Being of that kind is, first of all, pure pleasure, but also a burden. You have to do all the work while the others sleep.
I am my savior
03-18-2007, 12:35 AM,
Isn't one person's "Indigo Child" another person's ADHD nightmare? Every decade has a new term and a new solution for the same old problems. Yawn.
[Image: randquote.png]
03-18-2007, 02:47 AM,
You are probably right, Yeti. But I have only 38 years experience, so the Indigo phenomenon is the only thing I know. But I'm sure such highly talented children have lived on earth since ages. Maybe there's more of them now, I just don't know.
I am my savior
03-18-2007, 02:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2007, 03:26 AM by yeti.)
Quote:You are probably right, Yeti. But I have only 38 years experience, so the Indigo phenomenon is the only thing I know. But I'm sure such highly talented children have lived on earth since ages. Maybe there's more of them now, I just don't know.
When you hear the term "Indigo Child", don't walk, RUN! It's disinfo.

Here is how to "identify" an "Indigo Child":
-----------------------
* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others do not share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue; they often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and do not require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (non-conforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting it be known what they need.
-----------------------

Be honest. Does that sound like a special child, or a selfish little brat?

How long do you think an "inner city school" would put up with a kid like that? What about an expensive private primary school, especially one that advertises support for "Indigo Children"?
03-21-2007, 03:54 AM,
@Intellekt: That story was really good to hear.

Quote:* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others do not share that.
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and do not require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (non-conforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting it be known what they need

A lot of spoiled ONLY children have similar orientations and have a rude-awakening when they enter the school systems as competition is difficult for them. (Speaking from experience here.)
03-21-2007, 09:50 AM,
Quote:
Quote:You are probably right, Yeti. But I have only 38 years experience, so the Indigo phenomenon is the only thing I know. But I'm sure such highly talented children have lived on earth since ages. Maybe there's more of them now, I just don't know.
When you hear the term "Indigo Child", don't walk, RUN! It's disinfo.

Here is how to "identify" an "Indigo Child":
-----------------------
* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
* They are not shy in letting it be known what they need.
-----------------------

Be honest. Does that sound like a special child, or a selfish little brat?

How long do you think an "inner city school" would put up with a kid like that? What about an expensive private primary school, especially one that advertises support for "Indigo Children"?
I think you're forgetting a few Yeti:

In her article[2] Wendy H. Chapman (enlightenment teacher at and Director of Metagifted Education Resource Organization [2]) says that Indigo children will also display many of the following:

* Have strong self esteem, connection to source
* Have an obvious sense of self
* Refuse to follow orders or directions
* Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks
* Are rather creative
* Display strong intuition
* Have either strong or no empathy for others
* Develop abstract thinking very young
* Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent
* Are often identified or suspected of having ADHD
* Are frequent daydreamers
* Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes

Critics point out that these traits are not unique, and are observable in most children (see Critical interpretations below).
-------------------------------------------------------
Most children? I think not....
Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_child

Here is some elaboration on the phenomenon of Indigo children.

As was mentioned in a previous article, The Indigo Child: Fact or Fiction, the definition of an Indigo child was best worded in the book titled "The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived", a book by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober.

The definition: "<span style="color:#FFFF33">An Indigo child is one who displays a new and unusual set of psychological attributes and shows a pattern of behavior generally undocumented before."

However, there are ten common traits that researchers, psychologists and others interested in the Indigo Child phenomenon believe help classify these children. The are as follows:

1. Indigo Children come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).

This statement does <span style="color:#FFFF33">not indicate a sassy, bratty child. It indicates a highly intelligent being who knows they are there for an important reason, even if they don't yet understand what it is. They have a feeling about themselves, that they are important, and often act like it, usually in the things they say, speaking from an experience they often haven't ever had.

2. Indigo Children have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

Again, this is one of those instances, when an Indigo internally recognizes that they were sent here for a greater purpose. These children do not necessarily act snobby or self-centered. They just understand there is a reason they have been put here, and they long to understand what it is.

3. Self-worth is not a big issue for Indigo Children. They often tell the parents "who they are."

This is a wonderful quality, that unfortunately more children to not possess. The Indigo child does not always have high self esteem, but usually knows who they are before anyone else has ever figured them out. They usually recognize that they are different.

4. Indigo Children have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

This is not some difficult child. This is the indigo, needing choices, needing different ways to approach the tasks and situations that we might do one way. Life is full of choices, and there is certainly no reason why you cannot treat a child with respect, and allow them choices, even at a young age. This will not cause the child to grow up disrespecting adults, etc. If taught early on, the Indigo child understands that they have choices to make, and will respect authority more when they understand why they are being asked to make a choice, and allowed the freedom of choice.

5. Indigo Children simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.

No, contrary to some people's opinion, these are not children who were raised by bad parents. These are children who's attention is limited, because they have bigger, and better things they need to do, who simply cannot comprehend the mundane tasks, etc that we are requesting them to participate in. Often they do not understand themselves why they are unable to do certain things, only that they cannot.

6. Indigo Children get frustrated with systems that are ritual-oriented and don't require creative thought.

One of the key "ingredients" of the Indigo Child, is that they are highly creative, and extremely intelligent. If they cannot be creative in the way that they think, or do something, they will fall to the clutches of our boring ritual oriented lives. These children often have new ways of thinking, and doing the same things we have been doing for years. If we open up and just listen, we will hear and see things that will amaze us.

7. Indigo Children often see better ways of doing things, both at home and school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

This is almost the same as above. They can find much easier or quicker ways to accomplish tasks, that perhaps the common individual has overlooked. They see beyond the norm. They are not purposely being "system busters" they are simply looking for the opportunity to show others a new way of thinking.

8. Indigo Children seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.

Often these children come off as loners, however it is only because they rest on a different plane than the average child. Conversations with children that are not like them, are often hard to comprehend. This might be the child who would prefer to work alone on a challenging puzzle, than playing house with another child. They are always seeking betterment, without realizing it. They are not like others, and have a difficult time expressing themselves - it takes a lot out of them.

9. Indigo Children will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait until your father gets home and finds out what you did").
Often removing the child from the situation is the most effective way to deal with behavior issues. Another technique is to simply listen to them. Hear what they have to say, and then ask them questions. "If I had allowed you to carry that huge tray of breakable glass, what do you think might have happened?". Obviously there are discipline issues that might have to be dealt with differently, but these Indigo children are simply looking for someone to communicate with them, so they can try as best as they are equipped to explain themselves and their purpose.

10. Indigo Children are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Typically these children know what they need, even before they understand why they need it. Don't always say no. Listen to their reasons for wanting or needing something. Don't always assume that they have normal childhood tendencies, expect that they have valid reasons, and try to understand them.

Parenting or teaching an Indigo Child is challenging and difficult. However, if you research new methods, begin <span style="color:#FFFF33">talking to your child more, and really listening to them, you might truly be surprised at what you are dealing with.

Because after all, the new kids have arrived.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...digo_child.html
--------------------------------------------
As a closing remark, I think if you simply dismiss Indigos with the pathological ADHD stigma and ignore their positive actions aimed at society, such as exemplified with the top post, I think you show remarkable similarities with the neo-cons despairing to character assassination of Charlie Sheen when he publicly expressed his doubts regarding the official version on the events of 911.

Movers and Shakers of the SMOM:http://moversandshakersofthesmom.blogspot...identity.html
03-21-2007, 07:16 PM,
Indigo &amp; Chrystalline Children Embrass The Fuck Out Of French Government
Quote:I think you're forgetting a few Yeti:
You thought wrong. I just didn't want to paste a lot of New Age Crap.
Quote:As a closing remark, I think if you simply dismiss Indigos with the pathological ADHD stigma and ignore their positive actions aimed at society, such as exemplified with the top post, ...
Anybody can make positive contributions to society. Most gladly would, if given the opportunity. It's human nature.

Have you seeen Adam Curtis' The Trap? The third part airs next week. It explains a lot about how society has been restructured to its current state.

It's quite obvious to intelligent and experienced people that ADHD is nothing more than a label for a set of physical symptoms. Indoctrination Centres masquerading as schools like to use it to make it easier for them to indoctrinate. Pill companies use it to make vast amounts of money.

"Indigo" is just another label, as I said before. People use it for their own agenda. The woman you quoted uses it to attract rich clientelle. Others use it to sell books and expensive seminars to gullible people with more money than brains.

When I was growing up I would have been labelled as an "Indigo", had that term been invented. I also would have been labelled as an ADHD, had that term been invented. Unfortunately, Ritalin had been invented, and many times they tried putting me on it. Others tried to put me in a gifted program, or up a grade (or two). Others tried excessive discipline. Not a single person within my family or schools tried the logical approach - really listening to me, and keeping my hyperactive mind occupied by feeding my insatiable curiosity. Fortunately nobody discouraged me from reading, other than classmates, some of whom I had to physically defend myself against, which of course made "the problem" worse.

It's natural for parents to think their kids are special, even when they're not. I've met numerous people who were labelled as gifted at a young age, who clearly were sociopaths. They inevitably turned out to be serious assholes. This "Indigo" fad has the potential to produce these monsters by the bushel. It's far better to merely be a kind, firm, understanding ear to truly intelligent strong-willed kids. It's called mentoring, and it's been around since before we were homo sapiens. Nowadays, only the rich or fortunate have that "luxury".

Quote:... I think you show remarkable similarities with the neo-cons despairing to character assassination of Charlie Sheen when he publicly expressed his doubts regarding the official version on the events of 911.
That's one hell of a stretch! I won't even bother pointing out the holes in that argument that you could drive a Euclid through. I'll just say that there are many people with many agendas out there. Putting labels on them just makes it harder to get to the solutions...

Watch The Trap. It'll clear things up for you. Watch every Adam Curtis series you can get your hands on - he's brilliant.
03-21-2007, 08:31 PM,
Quote:Have you seeen Adam Curtis' The Trap?

yeah, really enjoyed that , great docu, third part this sunday bbc2 10.00 amsterdam time :biggrin:

agree with Yeti's observation, "Indigo" doesn't mean a thing, just another label for
some kids with a percieved difference from the norm , established by criteria put through a computer.
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

03-22-2007, 06:31 AM,
I agree to all statements here, although that seems not logic.

The term "Indigo child" was formulated by an American author, in the 80's I guess. She said that there has "arrived" a new wave of children who have a different hue in their aura, towards indigo, meaning more profound, wise, adult, etc. than the common children. This term has been adopted by the media, especially by the new-age movement, and numerous books have been published since then.

Dr. Rosina Sonnenschmidt, a German researcher, healer and musician, has written a very good article about the "Indigo" phenomenon. I'd rather say that it is a terrible good article, for it sets many things clear. She is telling from her work as a doctor (healer is probably not the right word; she has a degree in homeopathy, she also studied classical indian music and yoga for many years. In India, not in Germany, I might add). I will try to condense her (German language) article from my memory:

A woman and her daughter visit Ms. Sonnenschmidt in her consulting room. They enter and sit down with slow movement, the daughter of about 16, dressed in orange. Orange shoes, shirt, jacket, all in orange. The mother starts, my daughter is a special child. She is an Indigo, and we have come to you to confirm her special task in the world. Ms. Sonnenschmidt, who is quite hard-boiled and is not so easy to impress, asked the girl what she is doing right now. The girl says, she healed people, and in her spare time she was meditating. The conversation goes on, but both the mother and the girl start to feel more and more uneasy as the conversation does not go along their expectations. Finally, Ms. Sonnenschmidt concludes, that she does not see any special abilities in the girl, that she first should find a boy-friend and learn the duties and pleasures of life. She should not heal people, because that is not right at her age, and if she in some years still feels like she wanted to make a training, she shall come again for a consultation. Mother and daughter left in great anger and disappointment.

In another case, a mother came with her daughter of about 5 years. Sonnenschmidt was very impressed by the child, her appearance and her look, and also remarked the beauty of the mother. The reason for the consultation was the daughter's problem with her stool. She could not shit properly or not at all. After some questions to the mother and to the daughter, Sonnenschmidt asked the child: what does it look like what you see in the toilet. Is it brown, green, yellow, does it stink? And after some rather psychological questions Sonnenschmidt found out that the girl was not satisfied with her stool, that it was not "good enough". Sonnenschmidt prescripted homeopathic treatments to both of them, I guess it was arsenic, but not sure at all, anyway, a treatment that should help let go exaggerated perfectionism. The family is of the kind of successful middleclass, the mother noble, pretty, but also a bit unable to speak about the norty bits, the (only) girl highly talented and intuitive, and being sensible to this family perfectionism she disliked her stool in unconscious fear of not fulfilling the highest expectations, and therefore refused to produce that "low-quality". And, accompaining the medicine, Sonnenschmidt gave a task to the girl, a little ritual. She said, what you leave in the toilet, this stool is stuff your body doesn't need anymore. It has served your body well, and now it must leave and you can say goodbye to it and flush it away. The girl was happy about it, and even (politely) told the mother to shut up when the mother tried to change the subject, not wanting to speak about that.

There are many more very interesting details in this article that I left out or forgot, but I guess you can get the picture. Dr. Sonnenschmidt adds to her descriptions that the world does not need indigo children, that the world rather needs rainbow children, entire children, children that are children who play and learn and develop all aspects of life, not only the mysterious ones.

Personally, I accept the term "Indigo" when it is mentioned somewhere, as it describes something, like a label. When I talk about "special" abilities, or very talented children, I never use it. That's why I was a bit critical about the "Indigo test". And as the first case of Sonnenschmidt's article clearly shows, the Indigo phenomenon can evolve into madness and arrogance. And the second case shows in my opinion very nicely how a "special" child has absolutely "normal" desires and needs, and has therefore to be treated as any other child. We should treat every child and adult with the same respect and joy, regardless of what they are or will be, a new Mozart or the one that flips the burgers.

As I have said, I have only 38 years of experience, and I am attracted to people who think and step out a bit of the mainstream. And I have met people, young people, even children, that almost blew me away with their clear sight and courage and wisdom-like statements. It blew me away because I had to remember how much I have worked to reach this or that truth, and see that little one speak it out as if it was the most common thing. And I have learned to recognize that special look in the eyes, that profoundness, and I have the impression that there are more of this kind on earth as when I was younger. If I were 90 or so, I could make a more precise statement if there are more "Indigos" born now or not.

Quote:When I was growing up I would have been labelled as an "Indigo", had that term been invented. I also would have been labelled as an ADHD, had that term been invented. Unfortunately, Ritalin had been invented, and many times they tried putting me on it. Others tried to put me in a gifted program, or up a grade (or two). Others tried excessive discipline. Not a single person within my family or schools tried the logical approach - really listening to me, and keeping my hyperactive mind occupied by feeding my insatiable curiosity. Fortunately nobody discouraged me from reading, other than classmates, some of whom I had to physically defend myself against, which of course made "the problem" worse.
Ritalin is nothing but a crime. I'm glad that you have found your way out of this and other treatments.
I am my savior
03-23-2007, 07:55 PM,
Quote:
Quote:I think you're forgetting a few Yeti:
You thought wrong. I just didn't want to paste a lot of New Age Crap.
Quote:As a closing remark, I think if you simply dismiss Indigos with the pathological ADHD stigma and ignore their positive actions aimed at society, such as exemplified with the top post, ...
Anybody can make positive contributions to society. Most gladly would, if given the opportunity. It's human nature.

Have you seeen Adam Curtis' The Trap? The third part airs next week. It explains a lot about how society has been restructured to its current state.

It's quite obvious to intelligent and experienced people that ADHD is nothing more than a label for a set of physical symptoms. Indoctrination Centres masquerading as schools like to use it to make it easier for them to indoctrinate. Pill companies use it to make vast amounts of money.

"Indigo" is just another label, as I said before. People use it for their own agenda. The woman you quoted uses it to attract rich clientelle. Others use it to sell books and expensive seminars to gullible people with more money than brains.

When I was growing up I would have been labelled as an "Indigo", had that term been invented. I also would have been labelled as an ADHD, had that term been invented. Unfortunately, Ritalin had been invented, and many times they tried putting me on it. Others tried to put me in a gifted program, or up a grade (or two). Others tried excessive discipline. Not a single person within my family or schools tried the logical approach - really listening to me, and keeping my hyperactive mind occupied by feeding my insatiable curiosity. Fortunately nobody discouraged me from reading, other than classmates, some of whom I had to physically defend myself against, which of course made "the problem" worse.

It's natural for parents to think their kids are special, even when they're not. I've met numerous people who were labelled as gifted at a young age, who clearly were sociopaths. They inevitably turned out to be serious assholes. This "Indigo" fad has the potential to produce these monsters by the bushel. It's far better to merely be a kind, firm, understanding ear to truly intelligent strong-willed kids. It's called mentoring, and it's been around since before we were homo sapiens. Nowadays, only the rich or fortunate have that "luxury".

Quote:... I think you show remarkable similarities with the neo-cons despairing to character assassination of Charlie Sheen when he publicly expressed his doubts regarding the official version on the events of 911.
That's one hell of a stretch! I won't even bother pointing out the holes in that argument that you could drive a Euclid through. I'll just say that there are many people with many agendas out there. Putting labels on them just makes it harder to get to the solutions...

Watch The Trap. It'll clear things up for you. Watch every Adam Curtis series you can get your hands on - he's brilliant.
I've seen the first two episodes of the Trap now and they are indeed quite good. Cheers for recommending them Yeti. Didn't Curtis make Century of the Self as well? I recognize the narrator's voice to be one and the same.

However, the series (at least episode I and II) only consider cases where individuals have mental characteristics below some predefined levels, determined by psychiatrists using computer models. As a consequence people who negatively deviate from the preset norm are expected (by the "system") to undergo a process of self-correction through (self-)medication accompanied by perhaps psychiatric treatment.

This is all fine and well for such more or less pathological cases but the series seems to focus on negative emotional states and conditions and neglects to discuss individuals who show supra-normal abilities of the mind such as above average intelligence or creativity, assuming of course these conditions pertain to alleged special children known as Indigos.

Maybe the term Indigo is just another commercially inspired label but rather than pathological conditions and afflictions or just temporary negative emotions at least this label seems to exceed the psychiatric norm rather than undercut it. Nonetheless, a downside of labeling gifted children in this way is that it may contribute to ego-building, as pointed out by Swiss Phil, which consequentially nurtures arrogance and snobbery. But then again this may also be due to the plain social immaturity of the individual.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACIP's 2014 Immunization Schedule for Children and Adults! bristopen 0 291 02-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bristopen
Video Wolves in Government Clothing (Documentary) SiLVa 11 821 10-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Last Post: fujiinn
  Monsanto Protection Act Proves Corporations More Powerful Than Government mexika 0 359 03-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Last Post: mexika
Exclamation Secret government documents reveal vaccines to be a total hoax Easy Skanking 6 841 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: jarevfra
  The French beekeepers and the mystery of the blue honey zoverload 0 322 10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post: zoverload
  Texting at night 'disrupts children's sleep and memory' R.R 0 555 07-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Last Post: R.R
  Children could soon be given annual flu vaccinations TriWooOx 1 465 06-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Last Post: yeti
Thumbs Down Children Are Going Hungry: School Meals are ‘Made Smaller to Save Money’ FastTadpole 3 826 04-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Sovereignman
  Inject children or lose money TriWooOx 3 708 11-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Last Post: nwo2012
  Marijuana cures cancer – US government has known since 1974 p4r4 4 1,710 11-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Last Post: scaramanga667