Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Signs New Self-defense By Gun Law
03-28-2007, 08:33 PM,
This means that if the jackboot troops come into your house to "take you away" you can kill them and have no legal consequence. Of course it also sets up a situation that will be used to say that guns are being abused and should be outlawed.

Quote:Texas signs new self-defense by gun law

Reuters | March 27, 2007
Ed Stoddard

Criminals in Texas beware: if you threaten someone in their car or office, the citizens of this state where guns are ubiquitous have the right to shoot you dead.

Governor Rick Perry's office said on Tuesday that he had signed a new law that expands Texans' existing right to use deadly force to defend themselves "without retreat" in their homes, cars and workplaces.

"The right to defend oneself from an imminent act of harm should not only be clearly defined in Texas law, but is intuitive to human nature," Perry said on his Web site.

The new law, which takes affect on September 1, extends an exception to a statute that required a person to retreat in the face of a criminal attack. The exception was in the case of an intruder unlawfully entering a person's home.

The law extends a person's right to stand their ground beyond the home to vehicles and workplaces, allowing the reasonable use of deadly force, the governor's office said.

The reasonable use of lethal force will be allowed if an intruder is:

- Committing certain violent crimes, such as murder or sexual assault, or is attempting to commit such crimes

- Unlawfully trying to enter a protected place

- Unlawfully trying to remove a person from a protected place.

The law also provides civil immunity for a person who lawfully slays an intruder or attacker in such situations.

Texas joins several other states including Florida that have or are considering similar laws.

Sympathy for violent offenders and criminals in general runs low in Texas, underscored by its busy death row. The state leads the United States in executions with 388 since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976 by the U.S. Supreme Court.

A conservative political outlook and widespread fondness for hunting also means Texans are a well-armed people capable of defending themselves with deadly force.

It is easy to acquire guns over the counter in Texas and lawful to carry a concealed handgun with a permit.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
03-29-2007, 12:44 AM,
One of the reasons I live in this fine state. What's the other option, call the police? Break into my house, if you get past my bulldog there will be a surprise waiting for you.
I always thought there might be a lot of cash in starting a religion-George Orwell
07-11-2007, 04:41 AM,
Quote:One of the reasons I live in this fine state. What's the other option, call the police? Break into my house, if you get past my bulldog there will be a surprise waiting for you.

What a fearfull state you must live in. I can leave my door unlocked in my city. No need for a gun.

Funny really. If only crims had guns it would mean they were easier to spot you know. Got a gun? well you are under arrest. Your state kills more criminals than any other and still you need a guard dog and a gun. Funny coincidence.

You guys really are the wild west. Would you not rather live in a state where you dont actually NEED a weapon?
I am not afraid of anyone in my town? Whats the worst that can happen?

I was looking at that figure of death row...deaths. And i thought it would have been more. Its obvious these guys dont get the chance to reach a trail. Judges, jurors and executioners are walking the streets.

Personal note.. never goto Texas.
07-11-2007, 05:10 AM,
Quote:
Quote:One of the reasons I live in this fine state. What's the other option, call the police? Break into my house, if you get past my bulldog there will be a surprise waiting for you.

What a fearfull state you must live in. I can leave my door unlocked in my city. No need for a gun.

Funny really. If only crims had guns it would mean they were easier to spot you know. Got a gun? well you are under arrest. Your state kills more criminals than any other and still you need a guard dog and a gun. Funny coincidence.

You guys really are the wild west. Would you not rather live in a state where you dont actually NEED a weapon?

I was looking at that figure of death row...deaths. And i thought it would have been more. Its obvious these guys dont get the chance to reach a trail. Judges, jurors and executioners are walking the streets.

Personal note.. never goto Texas.

Add Tennessee to that to. I know that I don't dial 911. I'm not sure if we have the same or like law on the books, don't actually care. Carring a gun isn't fear, personally i don't carry one but it's a preferance. I'm sure they also don't "need a gun or dog", just makes it more interesting. I don't need any of my guns but I do like them and should the time arise again I need them, better to have and not need than need and not have.
07-14-2007, 04:54 AM,
sorry but thats still lame.

Carrying something around, built specifically to kill, is asking for trouble.
To say carrying a gun is not showing fear is a oxymoron. The thing is there for killing people. Maybe its a easier way to win an argument but thats a shit way to talk some1 round.

Walk outside without your weapon. Try it. If you dont need it there is nothing to fear.
07-14-2007, 06:14 AM,
Quote:sorry but thats still lame.

Carrying something around, built specifically to kill, is asking for trouble.
To say carrying a gun is not showing fear is a oxymoron. The thing is there for killing people. Maybe its a easier way to win an argument but thats a shit way to talk some1 round.

Walk outside without your weapon. Try it. If you dont need it there is nothing to fear.

As I said I don't carry one, I'm older but still fair in martial arts. I do have to admit, if someone prowls around I do go out armed at night with a few. Call it survival measures. Actually it's also a deterant, people are far less likely to steal or attack and if they have weapons I'm prepared. I views arms as defense not offense.
07-14-2007, 03:41 PM,
Upstate New York State sucks for getting a pistol permit. But you can walk down the road with a rifle or shotgun most times of the year without being questioned in my area.
Anyways, The average need in public for a gun is slim. But here are my experiences in some nearby Cities.
I was mugged in Troy NY when I didn't want to buy CRack at the busstop......... In retrospect The 12 dollars he took from me a gun point was much easier to put on the ground for him than I feel a shoot out would have went. If you don't buy his drugs he robs you go figure.
But I did enjoy having my Shotgun when some crazy dude tried to get in my house in Albany NY at 3am. All he had to do was see it and he moved on....quick and polite. At that point I could call 911. There were police dogs ripping through the back lots in like 2 min. They caught up with th edude trying to get in another house down the block.
I always wondered after seeing some dudes in full vampire goth whatever in a tattoo magazines and at concerts..... what if......
I'm talking the dude had fake implated canines, fake contacts, whole outfit, etc. You get the idea, very convincing. THis "Vampire" breaks down on my road and chooses my house at 3am to request entry and use my phone for help. Is there legislation that would support my irrational behavior as wipe the eye boogers out of my eyes and immediatly freak and stake this dude and leave him for the sun on my yard. Would a jury be sympathetic?
07-15-2007, 03:26 AM,
Quote:I always wondered after seeing some dudes in full vampire goth whatever in a tattoo magazines and at concerts..... what if......
I'm talking the dude had fake implated canines, fake contacts, whole outfit, etc. You get the idea, very convincing. THis "Vampire" breaks down on my road and chooses my house at 3am to request entry and use my phone for help. Is there legislation that would support my irrational behavior as wipe the eye boogers out of my eyes and immediatly freak and stake this dude and leave him for the sun on my yard. Would a jury be sympathetic?

You never know, I would but then again I feel like people have the right to protect their home and family at whatever force is needed. We had a couple of guys dressed in black walking down our road at 12pm one night. I approached them without hostility, asked if they were broke down and let them see two pistols just laying in the seat, no threats. They decided to go elsewhere, one later we found escaped prison, the other not much better, arrested later that night breaking in a house but not on this road. Most people with firearms don't just shoot but then again people not use to them may get scared and the most likely person to shoot is someone scared. I live in the country so guns come in handy for several things, like preditors that attack our livestock. I think not having guns is a NWO thing, sure they have bigger weapons, more weapons, better weapons but it only takes 1 shot correctly done, especially if enough people have one. Kinda like bees, small, weak in comparison yet I would disturb their hive.
07-15-2007, 03:31 AM,
I will say that there are some people who don't need a gun just like some people don't need a car.
12-20-2007, 06:35 PM,
I would guess you have less burglaries, since criminals have to fear for their life whilst stealing?
[Image: userbar704308lc0.gif] [Image: userbar704310ml4.gif] [Image: userbar704317yi4.gif] [Image: userbar704320rh2.gif] [Image: userbar704318px7.gif]
12-27-2007, 05:44 PM,
Does anyone know if Alex Jones has reported this one? He slammed Rick Perry in Endgame, bullhorning "TRAITOR!" outside his house because Perry went to Bilderberg. There's endless pages on Jones' infowars etc putting Perry down.

I wonder if he ever told his listeners about Perry's apparent support for gun owners rights to defend themselves in Texas.

“I'm not from earth. I'm here on a research project. I'm preparing a paper on the psychosomatic ailments of pre-Apocalyptic condominium dwellers.”
-Sappho, Ash Ock

The Mushrooms once said to me "You must have a plan. If you don't have a plan, you will become part of someone else's plan."
-Terence McKenna
03-18-2008, 07:57 PM,

Quote:What a fearfull state you must live in. I can leave my door unlocked in my city. No need for a gun.

LOL. I don't know where you live, but it certainly isn't where I am from. If the CIA/DEA hasn't moved into your neighborhood and thrown crack and god knows what else at black and poor folks, you probably don't have to worry. But, just because there are places where the threats to one's self are not very prevalent, doesn't mean there are not places where there are tons of legitimate threats. I mean, your post was littered with half arguments and flat non sequitures. But, this is a big one.

You obviously havent ever had crack heads break into your house. And, you obviously havent had to fear for your life. I have had people try to kill me for no reason on more than one occasion. And, I have had, also on more than one occasion, to chase crack heads away from my family's small business with a loaded weapon. The police don't come for an hour where we live and we cant afford sky rocketing insurance rates, so we don't claim it unless its over 10K in damage. What does that mean? It means if I want to keep getting food on my table and going to school I had better wake my ass up at 3 in the morning and go fight off fuckin crack heads.

The problem with idiots like you, and, ya, I am flat calling you an idiot, is that you somehow think there is some utopia that is possible to attain. Like, just maybe, if you move to the right place or take away enough guns, milk and honey will flow in the streets and there will be free hand jobs for all. But, Ill tell you what, I am gonna laugh my ass off when your credit card/debt ridden, upscale, garden party community eats iself to shit after a mass of foreclosures and call ins comes along. But, go ahead and trust your police to protect you, Buddy. Them and George Bush will definitely keep you safe. LOL. Especially when the depression comes, things will still be nice and peachy in the la-la land you live in. Itll probably just pass right over you like a slight breeze. hah.

Quote:You guys really are the wild west. Would you not rather live in a state where you dont actually NEED a weapon?

And, how arrogant this is as well... What if you dont have the money to move? What if my family doesnt have the capitol to move their business to whatever pristine country club you live in? What about the black folks I see around DC every single day who are working 3 jobs, sleeping 3 hours a night, and still cant make ends meet, still cant keep their kids out of the drug game? How are they gonna get the money to move? So, what about them? Fuck you. Thats what. Your moral assertions are a fucking joke. And the shittiest part is that people who think like you are the majority.

Why am I mad? Because people like you who'd want to stop me from protecting myself and those I love are a threat to me and those I love. And, Ive got a whole sea of "fuck yous" to hand out to everyone who wants to appose me. Long story short, pull your head out of your ass and go read some history. I wonder what our friend Solzhenitsyn would say about your BS.

Quote:Personal note.. never goto Texas.

Texas is fuckin sweet. Most of my family lives there. Along with Arizona, my home sweet home, Texas is the most free place on this planet.

That all said. I am 100% apposed to the death penalty. Not because of some retarded, romanticized nonsense about how all life is sacred. Its not. If a life is a threat to yours, you had better lay it the fuck down before its lack of concern for YOUR "sacred life" ends up taking you out of the picture. I appose the death penalty because you cant trust the government to tie its own shoes, let alone to be the arbiter of death worthy crimes. How many innocent people die on death row every year? Ive heard estimates of as high as a third. Thats horse shit and is a massive break down of liberty.

Though, I think the chances of getting wrongfully convicted of child molestation multiple times are unlikely enough to justify the chances of killing innocents. On a second offense of ruining a childs life, you should be put in the ground with a fuckin quickness.
03-19-2008, 05:27 AM,
Death Penalty, yes. All life is sacred, except those that take other lives senslessly. Like the 95 year old man locally, his grandchild owed drug money to these 3 people, so they went after the old man, cut his hand off, beat him to death, then tossed him out. Of the 91 year old woman raped and beaten. Look at the missing children, show me a child that deserves to be raped or murdered.

These people should not be able to harm another person again, and supporting them is a waste of money and space. Sorry, but ever action must have a reaction, and they should reap what they sowed. As long as the message is out that there is no cost, they will continue.
03-19-2008, 06:46 AM,
Quote:Death Penalty, yes. All life is sacred, except those that take other lives senslessly. Like the 95 year old man locally, his grandchild owed drug money to these 3 people, so they went after the old man, cut his hand off, beat him to death, then tossed him out. Of the 91 year old woman raped and beaten. Look at the missing children, show me a child that deserves to be raped or murdered.

These people should not be able to harm another person again, and supporting them is a waste of money and space. Sorry, but ever action must have a reaction, and they should reap what they sowed. As long as the message is out that there is no cost, they will continue.
Well said.
[Image: userbar704308lc0.gif] [Image: userbar704310ml4.gif] [Image: userbar704317yi4.gif] [Image: userbar704320rh2.gif] [Image: userbar704318px7.gif]
03-19-2008, 07:34 PM,
Quote:Death Penalty, yes. All life is sacred, except those that take other lives senslessly. Like the 95 year old man locally, his grandchild owed drug money to these 3 people, so they went after the old man, cut his hand off, beat him to death, then tossed him out. Of the 91 year old woman raped and beaten. Look at the missing children, show me a child that deserves to be raped or murdered.

I am not sure you can achieve a universal claim about some sort of life sacredity while at the same time ruling out certain lives. Besides, what does it even really mean that life is sacred? That we are held to some higher power to account for it? Certainly there is not some natural force that justifies it. Unless you are gonna stake claim to a relgious text it is hard to account for, though not impossible. The implications of a well designed social contract could account for a certain degree of sacred life. But, it would have to be completely based on utility and limited to that end. And, I am pretty sure thats not what you are talking about. Anyways, Ill be happy to debate sacred life with you. But, Id like to actually focus on the death penalty.

Trust me, Brother, I want all of the animals that threaten innocent life and free humanity to be 6 feet under. And, I would be the first one in line to pull the levers. But, that isnt realistic. Who really is capable here of being the grand arbitor of justified life? You? Me? The Government??? Certainly not the government. They cant be trusted to do anything. And, the innocent are excecuted all of the time because of this inherently uncertain nature of the judicial system.

Now, that said, you could still think its worth it. But, my question is where is the line? How many wrongfully accused, innocents are you ready to execute to justify the execution of those who stand as a threat to other innocents? Surely at some point the ratio just becomes absurd and undermines the original intent because of the amount of innocents required to kill to save innocents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas sues Google for 'withholding' documents from antitrust probe h3rm35 0 425 06-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  TEXAS TAKEN OVER BY MEXICAN INSURGENTS hilly7 22 3,322 07-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  In Death Row Case, Supreme Court Came Through But Texas Remains Guilty h3rm35 0 485 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
  what will your defense be to conspiracy to commit aggressive war and torture? h3rm35 0 503 03-06-2010, 10:42 PM
  2008 Defense Authorization Bill pizzaman777 0 749 11-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Last Post: pizzaman777
  Bush Signs Law to Widen Legal Reach for Wiretapping FighterFromAfar 1 936 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Guest
  Texas Requires Poorly Tested Vaccine For Young Girls bando 2 806 02-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bando