03-31-2007, 04:55 PM,
-- We Need To Create A Wiki
or something...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Meeting Thread:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/aaronmann/inde...?showtopic=1303

You know what we need? We need like 12 smart people to open up a new dot com called like research-pedia.com or something. something catchy and easy to remember. we need to create a place where we can write articles and source pertinent information on historical as well as current topics, something like wikipedia but we need something uncensored! This way when in a forum and an issue comes up, rather than having to repeat ourselves all the time we can just link to the article about that subject.

A sort of wiki, a database of articles linking sources and other articles around the database. Hotlinks are key, busy people will read the articles and take them for what they are while critics will be able to follow source links and verify that what the article says is true. Interested readers with more time can follow the links to the other articles and continue reading. Some articles may be written by one author while others may have like 6 contributors or something.

A really plain looking site, not a lot of graphics for dialup users and really easy to navigate. Members to be accepted as site authors would have to be by approval only, the rest are guests or regular members. some people would argue that this is a biased group, but we would know the rules are set up like that to keep the poision out. make sure the members know what's up and won't poision the well before making them a site author. Perhaps authors accepted by unanimous vote by existing authors only, and perhaps even articles only being posted or "going public" based on the results of a unanimous group poll.

I am a webmaster, so making sites or updating pages is easy for me. Add in a couple other webmasters and what you have is an equal share of responsability that will make operating the site easier once it starts to get busy. I've really been wanting to make such a site for a few months now but could not do it alone. It's impossable.

Basically, we write articles and edit in hotlinks to other articles as they are written. lot of work, gonna need a team for sure, but that's EXACTLY what we need to do. you have to make a database that can't get edited by fuckwad zionists and mirror it on multiple servers so they can't shut it down easy cause you know they will try once it gets big. get your team together of people you know aren't trolls and write articles, source facts. get the lot together then advertise all over the place. i had been thinking about opening up aaronpedia or something, seriously. this is what we need to do, create teaching tools and make it as simple and complete as possible. make it easy for busy people with no free time to brush up on some history.

busy people don't have time to read good information between forum spam, we need articles devoid of random user comments and posts that don't contribute to the material/topic. for such a project you would need serious moderation. leave all articles open for editing by the registered/approved "authors" and you could allow user comments appended to the end of each article in case a reader doesn't want to waste an hour reading all the bickering.

I don't have any money to open up a new dot com and right now i'm more or less trying to do this very thing at my own site but it's so overwhelming a project for one person, there are too many topics, too much information and too little time.

If anyone would be interested in discussing this further with me then please join up on the new Meeting Thread about it, I am copy/pasting this very post to other forums so will use that thread as a meeting place for those who are interested, so I don't have to try and moniter multiple different threads on the subject. Only serious people need apply, and only people who already have established a 'reputation' around the web that they can show or demonstrate as someone who is proveably not a troll or a shill.

Right now we could work this out in a private section of a forum. Put together the basics before anything is made public on it. It almost needs to be a covert operation from the start until it gets going. If taken seriously by enough people it could be huge. We could do bios on individuals, corporations, etc. List the corporate BOD's and link who works in that corp to their respective bio page on the wiki for follow-up. You get the idea. The whole project could be a forum rather than a site BUT it would have to be a PHPBB or forum that can be copied/pasted to another server for mirroring and backup. It can not be a free forum or a forum hosted by a third party. You knew that.

Meeting Thread:

Thanks to all for reading this, and more thanks to those who take it seriously and those who would choose to participate.

- Aaron
am@aaronmann.com
http://aaronmann.com
[Image: amb1.jpg]
03-31-2007, 04:59 PM,
theirs a guy that goes by the name "freakyclown" in the irc chat thats actually making a wiki now.
[Image: terrorists_230606.gif]
03-31-2007, 05:10 PM,
There was a conspiracy Wiki connected with ConR**. It pretty much sucked. Seemed like it never really got off the ground.

I thought it was an excellent idea though.
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]
03-31-2007, 05:20 PM,
freakyclown must have a site then, could you get a link? i don't do chat >_<

and it is an excellent idea which is why it would be nice to get one off the ground! a good way to start might be to start it narrow, one topic or something and add in a second topic/category when that one gets some bulk to it. start simple with like personal bios or something of people in the government. then move to people in corporations and open up a section to start on articles about government divisions/organizations. keep plugging away at the personal pages and contributing to the government pages, once the government pages get some bulk open up the corporations section. etc.
04-01-2007, 10:01 PM,
Quote:I thought it was an excellent idea though.
Why, thankyou sir!

hehe, it did suck :biggrin:

I think the wiki would definitely work here, the community here is more close-nit and passionate
04-03-2007, 09:41 AM,
Who's buying the software?
04-03-2007, 01:03 PM,
1. Article/story dump with whatever else you want. Alot of stories disappear off sites mysteriously or get editied.

2. Conspiracy multi-user blog site?

A wiki in theory is neat but its pretty useless in terms of navigation and ease of use. A multi-user article/story site on the other hand would be alot more flexible.
[Image: absurditiesvoltaire300oh0.gif]
------------------
&I've come to the conclusion, after having spent many years in politics, is that our presidential elections turn out to be more of a charade than anything else, and I think that is true today. It is a charade,& - Ron Paul, Sept 2008.
------------------
We're in a lot of trouble, watch this - http://www.youtube.com/v/3L3QVn4JyYA
------------------
[Image: guns250x200dw9.jpg]
[Image: armiw4.gif]
------------------
You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
The world's &freeest& country has the highest number in prison.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The crisis of modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The era of manufacturing consent has given way to the era of manufacturing news. Soon media newsrooms will drop the pretense, and start hiring theater directors instead of journalists.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The structure of capitalism is flawed. The motor that powers it cannot but vastly increase the disparity between the poor and the rich globally and within countries as well. Parecon is a brave argument for replacing that flawed machine and offers a much needed -- more equitable, democratic, participatory -- alternative economic vision.
- arundhati roy
------------------
[The choice between John Kerry and George Bush] is not a real choice. It's an apparent choice. Like choosing a brand of detergent. Whether you buy Ivory Snow or Tide, they're both owned by Proctor & Gamble.
- arundhati roy
------------------
No government's condemnation of terrorism is credible if it cannot show itself to be open to change by nonviolent dissent
- arundhati roy
[Image: sigterrorgj3.jpg]
------------------
Dr. Hermann Oberth who pioneered rocket design for the German Reich during World War II and later advanced rocket technology for the American manned space launches, cryptically stated: "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."

When asked by whom, he replied: "The people of other worlds."
04-03-2007, 08:30 PM,
got a buddy who's donating a domain&hosting for this

so far we got articles, reviews, polls, links

thinking about adding events, sound good or no need?

anything else?
------------------
&I've come to the conclusion, after having spent many years in politics, is that our presidential elections turn out to be more of a charade than anything else, and I think that is true today. It is a charade,& - Ron Paul, Sept 2008.
------------------
------------------
------------------
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
The crisis of modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The era of manufacturing consent has given way to the era of manufacturing news. Soon media newsrooms will drop the pretense, and start hiring theater directors instead of journalists.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The structure of capitalism is flawed. The motor that powers it cannot but vastly increase the disparity between the poor and the rich globally and within countries as well. Parecon is a brave argument for replacing that flawed machine and offers a much needed -- more equitable, democratic, participatory -- alternative economic vision.
- arundhati roy
------------------
[The choice between John Kerry and George Bush] is not a real choice. It's an apparent choice. Like choosing a brand of detergent. Whether you buy Ivory Snow or Tide, they're both owned by Proctor & Gamble.
- arundhati roy
------------------
No government's condemnation of terrorism is credible if it cannot show itself to be open to change by nonviolent dissent
- arundhati roy
------------------
Dr. Hermann Oberth who pioneered rocket design for the German Reich during World War II and later advanced rocket technology for the American manned space launches, cryptically stated: "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."

04-04-2007, 03:56 AM,
sounds DAM good. sorry, i been busy and didn't get back to check this thread till now. yeah i hear you waxyz, i'm all in for something with ease of use in mind, i'm getting into PHP right now and realizing just how good a page can be. automatic updates and stuff like that. rss/xml integration. lots of potential but i am JUST getting into it, lots to learn, but i seem to be a natural at it.

i also have someone willing to donate space. we can get like 100 GB if we need it, and we're looking at registering a new dot com also. or .net, .org, whatever.

we need to collabotate setting the foundation in one place before we plunge in, lol. my thread or yours i don't care but we all need to be in one place.

edit:
i'm gonna bookmark this thread in mine so i'll check it more.
04-04-2007, 06:12 AM,
don't forget to check here:

I've been searching for available domains

Available:

INFOMUNCHER.COM
THEDATAMUNCHER.COM
INFORMATIONBUG.COM
AUTHORDATA.NET
THEBIGDATA.COM
BIGDB.ORG
INDIESEARCH.NET (.ORG)
BIGDATAB.COM (.NET .ORG)

it's hard to find a good one. gonn keep searching...

EDIT:
here we go, finally found a good word, PLUG

INFOPLUG.ORG
DATAPLUG.ORG
DATAPLUGS.NET (.ORG)
INFOPLUGS.COM (.NET .ORG)
04-04-2007, 04:43 PM,
Ok site is online (thanks neo!)

Anyone interested in contributing articles/news/stories/polls/reviews or whatever

signup for an account - http://www.neosin.com

neo setup 2 account types

1. basic, post comments + read stuff + reply in forums
2. contributor, create content + create forum topics

After you create an account post a message in the "contribute" forum if you want to upgrade your account to post content on the site

Logic behind the access restrictions are a means to evade spam + crap content

:dazed:
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------

04-04-2007, 05:06 PM,
damn, i was just running ideas past my bro and he went ahead and grabbed some domains/space. lol.

we got: http://infoplugs.com

as you can see it currently just redirects to my site. suppose i gotta start setting up the admin pages ...

your guests don't register yet waxyz, the site didn't say i was there when i was as a guest;)

i would sign up but it looks like i've been propelled as one of the root admin of infoplugs, the idea of which where each article or resource is a "plug" and it's a cooperative user database, it's catchy so hopefully it catches on.
04-08-2007, 09:35 PM,
In 3 words, FUCK THAT SHIT.
As Og will testify, we've got enough to do around here.

Ask CYNIC at RINF to use his.
04-08-2007, 11:53 PM,
We already got a gaywad blogs system here, that no one uses
and adding more shite, no thanks

Forums & Tracker will have to do, it's not like we are a business, we all give lots of our free time to CC and adding more shit isn't on the menu anytime soon.

However, any member creating them elsewhere is fully supported and we wish them luck

Og
The InfoUnderground
TiU Radio
http://www.TheInfoUnderground.com
04-10-2007, 08:03 AM,
ive said it once and i'll say it again, DAMN that infoplugs site is ugly

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ConCen Wiki a monumental yawn! yeti 18 4,147 05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  Lyrics Section for the wiki? yeti 4 801 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Last Post: April
  Tracker: "create the first comment" working? Gusher 1 855 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Dunamis
  Should we create a "Waking People Up" forum? yeti 6 1,682 04-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Last Post: yeti