Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide Bomber Kills Three Mps At Iraq Parliament
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM,
If a so called "Suicide Bomber" can penetrate the very core of the supposedly "impregnable Green Zone", then it makes you kinda wonder: not only whether there is any REAL security in that country; but also - more importantly - WHO is ACTUALLY behind these "terror" attacks?

Source: REUTERS

Suicide bomber kills three MPs at Iraq parliament
Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:28PM BST

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed three Iraqi lawmakers and wounded dozens of other people while they were having lunch at a restaurant in the parliament building on Thursday, local media and officials said.

It was one of the worst security breaches inside the heavily fortified Green Zone in Baghdad since the U.S.-led invasion to topple Saddam Hussein in 2003. Among the buildings in the Green Zone are parliament, government offices and the U.S. embassy.

Iraqiya state television said three lawmakers had been killed. Officials have named one as Mohammed Awadh, a member of the Accordance Front, the biggest Sunni bloc in parliament.

A security official confirmed Awadh had been killed and said another parliamentarian was missing and presumed dead. Two other lawmakers were critically wounded, the official said.

"We were having a meeting when suddenly we heard a huge blast inside the restaurant. I saw a lot MPs wounded and bleeding," said Fouad al-Massoum, leader of the Kurdish bloc.

He said security officials, fearing there might be a second explosion, ordered everyone out of the building.

The Iraqi security official said the bomber was wearing a belt packed with explosives.

Continued...

Full Story:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUK...arliament_blast
[Image: absurditiesvoltaire300oh0.gif]
------------------
&I've come to the conclusion, after having spent many years in politics, is that our presidential elections turn out to be more of a charade than anything else, and I think that is true today. It is a charade,& - Ron Paul, Sept 2008.
------------------
We're in a lot of trouble, watch this - http://www.youtube.com/v/3L3QVn4JyYA
------------------
[Image: guns250x200dw9.jpg]
[Image: armiw4.gif]
------------------
You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
The world's &freeest& country has the highest number in prison.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The crisis of modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The era of manufacturing consent has given way to the era of manufacturing news. Soon media newsrooms will drop the pretense, and start hiring theater directors instead of journalists.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The structure of capitalism is flawed. The motor that powers it cannot but vastly increase the disparity between the poor and the rich globally and within countries as well. Parecon is a brave argument for replacing that flawed machine and offers a much needed -- more equitable, democratic, participatory -- alternative economic vision.
- arundhati roy
------------------
[The choice between John Kerry and George Bush] is not a real choice. It's an apparent choice. Like choosing a brand of detergent. Whether you buy Ivory Snow or Tide, they're both owned by Proctor & Gamble.
- arundhati roy
------------------
No government's condemnation of terrorism is credible if it cannot show itself to be open to change by nonviolent dissent
- arundhati roy
[Image: sigterrorgj3.jpg]
------------------
Dr. Hermann Oberth who pioneered rocket design for the German Reich during World War II and later advanced rocket technology for the American manned space launches, cryptically stated: "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."

When asked by whom, he replied: "The people of other worlds."
04-12-2007, 07:03 PM,
Quote:U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Thursday's attack was carried out by those "who wish to stop the Iraqi people having a future that would be based on democracy and stability".
Sometimes she's speaking the truth. I also wonder who is really behind those attacks. It doesn't have to be a suicide bomber at all, the bomb could be planted. Nobody will count the crashed bone parts and say hey, there's only 8, not 9 remains of human bodies.
I am my savior

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robin Williams kills himself stiffy 2 1,606 08-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Last Post: stiffy
  George Galloway HEATED Speech British Parliament Debate On Military Action Syria Frank2 0 517 08-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Frank2
  I'm About To Commit Suicide.. TheQleaner 87 30,173 08-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Swordfish
  Bilderberg busted in EU parliament yeti 1 784 11-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Rothschild Connection to "Lockerbie Bomber" TriWooOx 1 1,172 08-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Last Post: yeti
  Blackwater used 'child prostitutes in Iraq' TriWooOx 2 1,996 08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Last Post: yeti
  Neo-Nazi kills guard at U.S. Holocaust Museum mastermg 4 1,653 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Last Post: lockntross
  ? Israeli woman attempts suicide and walks away unhurt mastermg 1 1,127 06-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Last Post: rsol
  BUSH TOLD HOUSTON JOURNALIST IN 1999 IF ELECTED, “I’M GOING TO INVADE IRAQ” B4Time 0 656 06-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Last Post: B4Time
  Horror and stresses of Iraq duty led US sergeant to kill comrades drummer 14 2,630 05-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Last Post: ---