Pet Death Reports Continue: Senate Probe Commences
04-13-2007, 03:27 AM,
Quote:Senate Hearing Will Probe Pet Food Safety
Pet Death Reports Continue; Many Blamed on Pet Food Not Included in Recalls

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007...d_recall18.html
04-13-2007, 04:38 AM,
Heard on the news today that it may soon be some foods manufactured for human consumption also. Just another scam so they can raise the prices again. Then Bush will tell the American people that inflation is below 3%.
I always thought there might be a lot of cash in starting a religion-George Orwell
04-13-2007, 05:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2007, 05:28 AM by SerialExpLain.)
That sucks, and I am not surprised at all, rather have been anticipating that. They need to uncover THE LIES!!

In any event, obviously a lot has been getting into us. Check these #s out:

Quote:Of the more than 400 chemicals tested for, 287 were detected in umbilical cord blood. Of these, 180 cause cancer in humans or animals, 217 are toxic to the brain or nervous system, and 208 cause birth defects or abnormal development in animals. Scientists refer to the presence of such toxins in the newborn as “body burden.”

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/271370_toxics24.html

Quote:10 Washingtonians volunteered blood, urine and hair samples to the Washington Toxics Coalition to be tested for eight classes of chemicals.

The results are in, and they are not pretty

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/271370_toxics24.html

I'm surpised it isn't spawning a new industry in WealthCare. "I am here for my yearly physical and full toxicology screening". Well, of course you are Mr./Ms. Platinum Health Insurance subscriber! Pfft...
04-19-2007, 03:44 AM,
Quote:Heard on the news today that it may soon be some foods manufactured for human consumption also.
Natural Balance Recalls Pet Food
One of the Few Brands to Use "Human Grade" Ingredients
April 17, 2007

Natural Balance's Web site said the affected brands of pet food contain no grains like wheat, barley, corn, and oats. And wheat gluten is not listed as an ingredient for either brand of Natural Balance's recalled pet foods.

The FDA says the nearly 100 brands of pet foods and treats involved in the nationwide recall -- announced on March 16, 2007,

In earlier interviews with ConsumerAffairs.com, Martin said Natural Balance is one of the few pet foods on the market made with "human grade" ingredients.

"These are ingredients that have been inspected and passed for human consumption,"

In related news, the pet food recall has now spread to South Africa.

Questions, however, have surfaced in recent weeks about ChemNutra and its ties to China. The Canadian investigative newspaper, Canada Free Press, describes the company's Chinese headquarters as a "rundown warehouse in rural China."

That warehouse, the paper adds, is located within 50 miles of XuZhou Anying, the company blamed for supplying the tainted wheat gluten.

The Las Vegas Review Journal says ChemNutra's Las Vegas office -- at Durango and Charleston Streets -- is "very small ... without even a sign on the door."

ChemNutra touts its ties to China, stating it "imports high-quality nutritional and pharmaceutical chemicals from China to the US.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007...d_recall28.html
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
04-19-2007, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2007, 06:43 AM by SerialExpLain.)
So sad, Jack.

Someone needs to research trends looking for increases in diuretic prescriptions in the USA and internationally over the past say 10 years as that woud be a definite epidemiological indicator of increasing renal dysfunction in the population. (That would also implicate hepatic dysfunction as well as these two functions are related as they decline).

Well, here is one article that would support further investigation into potentially causative factors in the food/product sector.

Quote:The number of patients with chronic renal disease is increasing worldwide. ... has been proven in experimental animals and humans with renal dysfunction

http://www.wcn2007.org/pages/keynote.html

In regards to the pet food recalls, every ingredient in each of the recalled products should be examined for comparison, as epidemiologically this could be adding an X factor to determine. The public should be apprised of those findings.

Considering supposedly how very little wheat gluten was imported from Asia-China, seems really suspect that tainted product supposedly FROM CHINA shows up on cue....
04-19-2007, 11:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2007, 11:32 PM by SerialExpLain.)
Breaking News: Wilbur-Ellis Recall Rice Protein Concentrate

FDA Press Release here:

Quote:Unlike the other white-colored bags in that shipment, the bag in question was pink and had the word “melamine” stenciled upon it.

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/wilburellis04_07.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mexico Pemex blast death toll rises to 32, cause unclear mexika 0 935 02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Last Post: mexika
  The Global Bee Death. i8manu 6 2,890 05-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Scientists link mass death of British bees to farm pesticides yeti 0 1,158 01-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: yeti
  Baby death spike in W. Canada blamed on parents not radiation yeti 1 1,682 07-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Last Post: icosaface
  The Death of All Things Natural and Our Descent Into Slavery Defendfreedom 0 1,038 05-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Defendfreedom
  GM crops continue spread, passing 'billion hectares' TriWooOx 0 989 02-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
Thumbs Up Arkansas officials are investigating the death of an estimated 100,000 fish TriWooOx 0 1,215 01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
  US authorities investigate mystery death of 1,000 birds TriWooOx 0 966 01-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Information Strong New Evidence H1N1 Vaccine Shows a Direct Link with Fetal Death FastTadpole 0 1,177 09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
  House Passes HR 2749! FOOD FASCISM Bill to Senate Next hilly7 1 1,333 09-15-2010, 10:02 AM