Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volcanos And C02 Emissions
04-13-2007, 04:49 PM,
Volcanos And C02 Emissions
hi peeps,
i was wondering if someone might be able to offer their advice on the subject of Volcano's and c02 emissions. I heard alex jones on his radio show recently said something to the effect that, 'volcanos are responsible for 70% of greenhouse emissions, and one volcano errupting causes more greenhouse gas than all of man kind for 200 years.' I may have misquoted a little hear but that was the general gist of it.

I searched the internet looking for some supporting documentation but the only relevant information i could find contradicted this statement. what i did find was this;

http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html

"Carbon Dioxide

Present-day carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from subaerial and submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time. Gerlach (1991) estimated a total global release of 3-4 x 10E12 mol/yr from volcanoes. This is a conservative estimate. Man-made (anthropogenic) CO2 emissions overwhelm this estimate by at least 150 times. "

This says that humans are causing 150 x times the amount of volcanos.

Would appreciate any advice on this?

THanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OMG!! Worst ever carbon emissions leave climate on the brink!!! yeti 1 1,172 05-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  Meat to be removed from hospital menus in NHS plan to cut carbon emissions plasticfan 1 895 01-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking