Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burying Marbles And Swimming In Vats Of Milk, Under The Influence Of Drugs
04-18-2007, 03:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2007, 03:32 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Quote:Cambridge University was singled out for conducting "frivolous" tests on mice that involved combining lethal doses of methamphetamine, or "crystal meth", and then playing loud music from Bach and the dance band The Prodigy.

Quote:Animals were made to undertake a range of "bizarre" activities, such as burying marbles and swimming in vats of milk, under the influence of drugs. Most of these experiments were "a complete waste of time" from a scientific point of view, Buav claims

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/...icle2442019.ece

There is a lot of funding going into this type of nonsense. Why? My take on this, is TPTB want to cultivate the most ruthless researchers that would literally do anything. These are prolly the proving grounds before these psycho-fucks get their promotions to more nefarious research for the killing fields. JMO.
04-18-2007, 05:54 AM,
Quote:There is a lot of funding going into this type of nonsense. Why? My take on this, is TPTB want to cultivate the most ruthless researchers that would literally do anything. These are prolly the proving grounds before these psycho-fucks get their promotions to more nefarious research for the killing fields. JMO.
good point

I imagine that when your boss is a ghoul living in the cemetery we know as our capital, and he thinks he's power hunger pharaoh,- it would take a ruthless psycho researcher.
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths - Raymond Peat, Ph.D. bristopen 0 880 05-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Last Post: bristopen
  Confirmed: ‘Batman’ Shooter James Holmes Was On Psychotropic Drugs capnchronic 1 1,086 04-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Watchdog
  Drugs in Drinking Water: Lithium, Caffeine, DEET, Pharmacuticals, Codeine, Antibiotics, Hormones, Uranium, Radon .. mexika 10 7,989 06-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Julminia
  PRIMAL DIET – RAW MEAT – RAW MILK & WHEEEEEY ! strangelove 22 6,292 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Last Post: strangelove
  GM cows producing human breast milk April 12 4,855 04-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Last Post: rsol
  Drugs linked to brain damage 30 years ago drummer 0 974 11-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Last Post: drummer
  New study: 85% of Big Pharma's new drugs are "lemons" and pose health risks to users Easy Skanking 4 1,632 09-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Nokturnal
  Feds raid Amish dairy and threaten action over raw milk sales mexika 25 6,973 08-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  Drugs firms accused of profiteering by raising prices by ONE THOUSAND per cent TriWooOx 0 1,025 07-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Big Pharma lies about statin drugs finally exposed in British Medical Journal TriWooOx 1 1,236 06-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole