Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Salvation (from A Christian P.o.v.)
04-20-2007, 11:51 PM,
The message is that almost everyone (the majority ) is going to hell. Christians who attend the church Sunday and live a CARNAL LIFE so to speak, and many others, are refused by Jesus, and many others.
People who have not actually experienced the supernatural effect of salvation are doomed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...saved&hl=en
one of the best sermons i've seen, ever, regarding true salvation.

i don't want to add anything to it, it's just amazing ( or quite boring to some ).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KuU3Z324IT8
a small video i put up a few weeks ago regarding the narrow way and the salvation issue.

few, if any, of the users here hold the views presented here, so I'm not expecting to get any positive feedback.:grin:

to sum it all up in a few words:
Enter ye in at the strait gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way whch leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go inthereat. But strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that find it.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

04-21-2007, 04:44 AM,
Love though, Jesus wants to know how WELL YOU LOVED.

That was the greatest commandment. AND THAT IS A BIG ADDENDUM now isn't it?
04-23-2007, 06:12 AM,
Quote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=KuU3Z324IT8
a small video i put up a few weeks ago regarding the narrow way and the salvation issue.

Nice job, DHammer, :smile:
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
04-23-2007, 07:18 AM,
Quote:The message is that almost everyone (the majority ) is going to hell.

Which is , beyond a doubt inspiring to all,
it was what Jesus emphasized and embodied,
and not at all propegated by the church,
like the "instant salvation " -doctrine .

Quote:People who have not actually experienced the supernatural effect of salvation are doomed.

Doomhammer has spoken.

Quote:few, if any, of the users here hold the views presented here, so I'm not expecting to get any positive feedback.

here's the positive part ; i'm positive you still don't understand how the
church uses the same method as you do to draw sheep into their flock,
fear-mongering and misinterpreting to suit a personal conviction.
All of the Bible you know and believe to be
the true will and word of God, comes from the institutional religion you despise.

peace'
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

04-24-2007, 10:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2007, 10:29 PM by DHammer.)
Quote:Doomhammer has spoken.

yes the message is radical and it may sound crazy but that's what i see written in the Bible.

but you knew that already ...:drunk:

i dont see any passages that say Jesus is NOT supposed to come to the believer and actually meet him.

remember what he said to the many : " I never KNEW you"
I'm guessing God doesn't look in everyone's pockets to check for their name and invite them over for dinner to actually know them, right ? Guess God isn't that allknowing then, if we are to apply the non-meeting with Christ view.

peace' :grin:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

04-24-2007, 10:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2007, 10:45 PM by SerialExpLain.)
Quote:remember what he said to the many : " I never KNEW you"

Those that are known by Him are:

The Beatitudes
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the land.
4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
6. Blessed are the pure of heart for they will see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
8. Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
There is a 9th beatitude in the gospel of Mark. It reads: "Blessed are you when they insult you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me. Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is great in heaven...."

Sounds like He is talking about all mankind with a conscience. Just your average good-hearted person. Not some rara avis one in a 1000. :biggrin:
04-25-2007, 03:17 PM,
Quote:Sounds like He is talking about all mankind with a conscience.

Sounds like he`s talking about exactly what i'm talking about :grin:

Quote:<span style="color:#990000">1. Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Poor in spirit means a broken shattered spirit( EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS). You walk the way, you suffer, thus your spirit is shattered, i.e. the spirit heart (which as you might know is evil : see "the heart is wicked" verse)

<span style="color:#FFFFFF">it fits perfectly to what i've said and i don't see any contradiction or indication that the salvation process is instant.
Quote:<span style="color:#990000">2. Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted.
Walk the way, SUFFER, thus MOURN , and you will be conforted by Christ Himself who awaits at the end of the narrow way.

<span style="color:#FFFFFF">it fits perfectly to what i've said and i don't see any contradiction or indication that the salvation process is instant.
Quote:<span style="color:#990000">3. Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the land.
You can't be meek and God loving if your heart is wicked. A wicked heart thinks only for herself, is proud, and never trully meek, or humble.

Quote:<span style="color:#990000">4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Do you hunger and thirst for righteousness ? In order to do that you must study the word of God until you actually desire NOTHING ELSE BUT righteousness. In order to do this you must be humbled, thus walk the way.

Quote:<span style="color:#990000">5. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

It doesn't really have to do anything with the salvation itself but still, a mind that is at emnity with God cannot be merciful deep down.

Quote:<span style="color:#990000">6. Blessed are the pure of heart for they will see God.

Obviously ! Isnt this what i'm saying here ? Isn't this what God says ? How can you be pure of heart if THE HEART IS WICKED ? :suspicious:

Quote:<span style="color:#990000">7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Quote:<span style="color:#990000">
8. Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Yes, walking the narrow way is hard and you will be persecuted for it, by satan himself who does not want you to be on it (obviously).
<span style="color:#FFFFFF">
it fits perfectly to what i've said and i don't see any contradiction or indication that the salvation process is instant.
Quote:<span style="color:#990000">
There is a 9th beatitude in the gospel of Mark. It reads: "Blessed are you when they insult you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me. Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is great in heaven...."

isn't this exactly what people did to me (and still do) when i preached the narrow way ? ....:cry:

04-25-2007, 03:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2007, 09:06 AM by standvast.)
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Quote:Poor in spirit means a broken shattered spirit( EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS). You walk the way, you suffer, thus your spirit is shattered, i.e. the spirit heart (which as you might know is evil : see "the heart is wicked" verse)

IMHO ; what BS.
..what it actually means is ; blessed are the Humble and Meek,
Those who know and truely believe that they need no more
and want no more than to accept everything is a gift from God.
It has nothing to do with your idea of a wicked heart, nor with a shattered spirit.

Quote:There is a 9th beatitude in the gospel of Mark. It reads: "Blessed are you when they insult you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me. Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is great in heaven...."

Quote:isn't this exactly what people did to me (and still do) when i preached the narrow way ?

Wouldn't that make you o so special in the eyes of the Lard ?

Quote:it fits perfectly to what i've said and i don't see any contradiction [x 9 ]

which is exactly why I really don't think humanity needs you as a preacher.

peace'
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

04-26-2007, 04:10 AM,
I still think DHammer did a nice job making his video. Is that you at the end DHammer ???

If you are someone who believes the bible, - it does say that - many will be left outside the gates, unable to enter into the city.

And it doesn't say - that you are automatically saved

Jhn 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
[even] to them that believe on his name:
-kjv

Jhn 1:12
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
-nkjv
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
04-26-2007, 04:23 AM,
Quote:And it doesn't say - that you are automatically saved

Anyone who desires to be saved by God's grace, has not committed the unpardonable sin.
04-26-2007, 05:17 AM,
Quote:Anyone who desires to be saved by God's grace, has not committed the unpardonable sin.
no, they haven't.

I don't go for that harsh style either, never meet anyone who did (except DHammer) or was anything but turned off by it.

I see his point though.
- Lewis Carroll

04-26-2007, 05:23 AM,
Not this again...:rolleyes:

Some people really love those Roman stoic ideals which Paul installed in the bible.....that whole "suffer now for heavenly glory later" with a sneer towards the "fools" who don't walk your self-flaggellating path, even mock you for your self abuse.
"You won't be laughing in hell"
:pfft:

Your world view is Hell as far as I can tell.
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
04-26-2007, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2007, 06:43 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Make your own choice there DSB, I'm sure you'll get whatever you want.

Oh, DSB, you never suffered anything in life? No physical pain, no emotional pain, no financial pain, NO PAIN?

There you go, YOU MUST BE A GOD.

DSB, you have all the riches you want, perfect existence, EVERYTHING TO YOUR LIKING?

WELL THEN YOU MUST BE A GOD.

Or are you just SO miserable on earth you want out?
04-26-2007, 07:28 AM,
Quote:Oh, DSB, you never suffered anything in life? No physical pain, no emotional pain, no financial pain, NO PAIN?

There you go, YOU MUST BE A GOD.

DSB, you have all the riches you want, perfect existence, EVERYTHING TO YOUR LIKING?

WELL THEN YOU MUST BE A GOD.

Sometimes you are coherent, but this is not one of those times. So perhaps you'd like to better explain this line of reasoning/questioning.

Quote:Or are you just SO miserable on earth you want out?

Where did I imply anything of the sort?

DoomHammer is the one promoting the "miserable earth" concept here, and the "suffering" endured herein all part of the price for the later glory, for the chosen few on the narrow path, and so on and so forth.

I actually quite enjoy the world, even though I'm not "rich" and I do not indulge myself in a hedonistic fashion, but even thats not allowed if you want some real estate in New Jerusalem, apparently.
:laugh:
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
04-26-2007, 07:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2007, 07:44 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Quote:Sometimes you are coherent, but this is not one of those times. So perhaps you'd like to better explain this line of reasoning/questioning.

LOL. DSB. its late; I'm a cranky insomniac.

All I was trying to say is I really didn't think that suffering here (on earth) was optional for anybody, so if that is a given, and with all the glimpses of ecstasy one finds here (on earth) only makes sense considering how brief an individual lifespan is and how astoundingly complex the universe is that a perfected existence would be available after passing out of the physical realm.

I believe that is provided by the Creator to all who enjoyed their stay here and want it.

Glad you are enjoying your stay here (on earth).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Santa - Christian Or Secular ? jack 15 1,968 12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Comets Honda and Elenin fulfill Mayan, Hopi and Christian Prophesies Solve et Coagula 0 425 06-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The Christian Fascists Are Growing Stronger h3rm35 31 4,476 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Last Post: mothandrust
  "Christian-Zionism" Is Trouble for Israel and the USA h3rm35 0 488 07-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Fast-Growing Christian Churches Crushed in China FastTadpole 5 1,215 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jack
Rainbow Do you "file share"? Are you "Christian"? Read this essay ... solar 6 1,840 12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Last Post: mothandrust
  Christian hotel owners hauled before court after defending their beliefs in discussion with Muslim guest --- 13 1,734 09-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Muslim film: Christian messiah is the Antichrist BlindTheAllSeeingEye 4 1,009 09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Last Post: giznad
  Christian right aims to change history lessons in Texas schools mothandrust 4 1,024 07-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Last Post: triplesix
  How to become a better Christian mastermg 34 5,798 12-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Last Post: mexika