Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Going To Heaven?
04-26-2007, 08:41 PM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
<strike>ARE WE GOING TO HEAVEN??</strike>

<span style="color:#009900">well ive been with this question some time know with hope thar somebody can answer it...:dazed:

example: if your in a religion where you get educated to kill an taught that it is good to kill... well your going to think your going to heaven:::::: <span style="color:#FFFF00">but in a other religion they say its bad and if you do it your going to hell:angry:

so the question is: IF WE DO <span style="color:#FF0000">SOMETHING THAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT, BUT TO OTHERS ISN'T FOR EXAMPLE KILLING... ARE YOU GOING TO HEAVEN???

<span style="color:#666666">like TUPAC (<strike>witch i really dont like jaja</strike>) <span style="color:#333333">said: <span style="color:#000099">"I THINK THAT IM DOING GOOD SO IM GOING TO HEAVEN"

hope you understand it jaja if you dont u can ask jaja

&lt;-----<span style="color:#33FF33">CRASH<span style="color:#FFFFFF">OVER<span style="color:#FF0000">RIDE----->
WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY FUCK YOU!!
04-26-2007, 09:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2007, 09:28 PM by SerialExpLain.)
Are You Going To Heaven?
Hope So :biggrin: Time will tell :biggrin:

Regarding killing from a Christian POV:

Luke 22:36-38

36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword" (Matt. 26:52).
04-26-2007, 09:49 PM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
Quote:Are You Going To Heaven?

no, i carry it with me ,and brought "hell" aswell,
it doesn't seem logical at all to me that heaven would be a point in space time.

Quote:What if heaven's within us ? among us ?
it ain't metaphysics, it physics they've hidden from us.
~Qwel

peace'
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

04-26-2007, 10:30 PM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
Quote:Hope So :biggrin: Time will tell :biggrin:

36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

but Bush labels himself a Christian, as does Blair, Thatcher... and as far as i'm aware, every pope thru history. so if you get someone else to do it is it ok then?
Vitam Impendere Vero
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
Quote:
Quote:Are You Going To Heaven?

no, i carry it with me ,and brought "hell" aswell,
it doesn't seem logical at all to me that heaven would be a point in space time.
i'm with you standvast,
Quote:Jesus said: if your leaders say to you "look! the kingdom is in the sky!" then the birds will be there before you are. if they say the kingdom is in the sea, then the fish will be there before you are. rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you. when you understand yourselves you will be understood. and you will realise that you are sons of the living father. if you do not know yourselves, then you will exist in poverty and you are that poverty. Thomas: 3
from the gospels the Christian hierarchy would rather you did not read.

heaven is in front of your eyes, all you have to do is open them.

change :wink:,
Vitam Impendere Vero
04-27-2007, 12:51 AM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
Maybe its as simple as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B51VVOWtRxc
04-27-2007, 02:28 AM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
Quote:
Quote:Hope So :biggrin: Time will tell :biggrin:

but Bush labels himself a Christian, as does Blair, Thatcher... and as far as i'm aware, every pope thru history. so if you get someone else to do it is it ok then?

There is a statement that comes to mind for me that says something to the effect of:

"By Their Actions Will You Know Them."

MMM
Give me the judgment of balanced minds in preference to laws every time. Codes and manuals create patterned behavior. All patterned behavior tends to go unquestioned, gathering destructive momentum.
- Darwi Odrade
05-06-2007, 03:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2007, 03:12 AM by deathstickboy.)
Are You Going To Heaven?
Quote:if you do not know yourselves, then you will exist in poverty and you are that poverty.

This point bears repeating. (emphasis mine)
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
05-06-2007, 04:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2007, 04:44 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Are You Going To Heaven?
The question of the thread topic is:

Are You Going To Heaven?

DSB...did you post on the wrong thread??, lol

Or are we going to have a long discussion about camels going through eyes of needles?

Sounds a little Egyptian hehe...Cleo's Needle maybe?

Where do you find camels? :biggrin:
05-06-2007, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2007, 06:07 AM by deathstickboy.)
Are You Going To Heaven?
Quote:The question of the thread topic is:

Are You Going To Heaven?

DSB...did you post on the wrong thread??, lol

No, I quoted a quote from a post in this thread with the stated intent and purpose.

But if you are curious to know my answer to that question, I suppose I can only return it with another.

What do you mean by "heaven" exactly?

I certainly won't be going to one defined by biblical christian mythology.

I have my own ideas about what might lie beyond the portal of death, but I can say I am fairly certain that I'll be able to hang out there for as long as like, and come back when I feel like it.
:smile:
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
05-06-2007, 06:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2007, 06:32 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Are You Going To Heaven?
Yes, I knew we were talking about two different things entirely. Self-serving that Gospel of Thomas, must of been that "other Jesus" talking, i.e., not the authentic one.

But anyhoo, this is how they will get you to your crown.

Read carefully, it is further instructions for what you will need to know for that activated EYE.

Falling into that EYE:

http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/schw.shtml
05-06-2007, 07:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2007, 07:28 AM by deathstickboy.)
Are You Going To Heaven?
Who is the "authentic jesus"?
The version ascribed to by Paul of Tarsus and his ideological ilk?
:rolleyes:

I fail to see how self knowledge equates to "self service" at least under the terms which you seem to be applying it.

When it comes to the idea of heaven, it could be that we are infact trying to describe the same thing.
The only difference being that I refuse to rely on the language of the twisted mythologies of the middle east when trying to communicate them.

I could try to describe it my own words, but doubt I would get anywhere in the first place. Not only that, I am not so arrogant as to speak authoritativly on the subject. My ideas are based on my own experiences, and difference between you and I, is that I am perfectly willing to accept that there is more than one "heaven", in terms of what might exist beyond the physical.
Its a result of not locking my understanding onto a paternistic solar cock worshipping " Word of the Creator god" complex when trying to develope an understanding of the "incomprehensible".
The fact that christians do so, even while understanding that "it" is "incomprehensible", is incredibly ironic.
But that sort of cognitive dissonance is common in such belief systems.

But seriously, its funny when people try to dictate what will happen to me spiritually. You've no Idea what I really think or believe since it seems you lack the ability to communicate effectively or at least understand my opinion without automatically assuming its adversarial or some sort of sure path to "spiritual darkness", simply because I don't like the limited and distorted language you do when it comes to attempting to communicate such ideas.

Are you are stuck in a negative feed back loop? Do you have the capacity to grow?
05-06-2007, 08:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2007, 08:30 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Are You Going To Heaven?
I've never really encountered any theologic construct from you DSB, except your emphasis on a tailored made experience you envision for yourself, and that is fine, but I myself am not concerned with growing, going anywhere custom-made to my specifications, or actually anything to do with myself.

Whatever God wills for me is fine, I offer myself as His humble servant. After I did that I found a peace that transcended anything I had ever known. Present in the moment is where I meet God. I am more concerned with humanity, easing the suffering of others where I can. I value empathy, kindness, compassion, joy, peace, honesty and openess. I feel the pain of the wronged, the suffering, the dying, and those deceived. I believe that the stories of lives lost call out to those still living, and what is commited in darkness is brought into the light because of that.

I will forever remain a Bible-believing Christian. Because I have no problem with anything in the KJV Bible whatsoever. There is where I discern truth.

I have been on many paths and finally found what I was looking for. It did take many years of searching, but one day everything changed for me and things were never the same after that. I believe the year was 2002. But, no matter what path I was on, I know I was always part of the Kingdom as I was always me. :smile:

Peace
05-06-2007, 08:49 AM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
I'm not jumping in for DSB , i'm just eager to hear your thoughts on this SerialExpLain,

Quote:I myself am not concerned with growing, going anywhere custom-made to my specifications, or actually anything to do with myself.

you are not concerned with growing ?
Even if you have accepted a belief that suits you [be it your concoqtion or anothers]
i find it highly unlikely you've stopped growing in your conceptualisation of it.
Not saying one strives after "growth" contiously and actively, [some do though]
but remaining concerned with ones own development
seems inherent to any self-reflective human.

This sort of coincides with what i said to Dhammer in his salvation thread ;
Even if you think you except "hell" based on scripture ; there are multiple interpretations,
which lead to different conceptualisations, of which you [And Doomy] seem to assume
the "correct" variant, deny all other options, and go on to state that you and your mind
had nothing to do discerning the validity of your particular envisionment of "hell" [or "heaven" or "God".]
Hell's just an example of topic, it's the reasoning [or lack of] behind it that strikes me.

I think i understand the idea, of leaving God to decide, and adopting a belief that ;
Quote:Whatever God wills for me is fine, I offer myself as His humble servant.

But i do not understand why you do not seem to realize that your conceptualisation , and beliefs,
are as much a personal particular variant as you percieve DSB's or my own to be.

Quote:Present in the moment is where I meet God. I am more concerned with humanity, easing the suffering of others where I can. I value empathy, kindness, compassion, joy, peace, honesty and openess. I feel the pain of the wronged, the suffering, the dying, and those deceived. I believe that the stories of lives lost call out to those still living, and what is commited in darkness is brought into the light because of that.

I like this part of your post alot, i think you might word it slightly different everytime
you write it down. [ this is change ; growth ; renewal ] , and it's formulation comes fromout your own mind,
not the self-absolved ego, or someone else's mindscape scripturalized millenia ago.

peace'
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

05-06-2007, 09:07 AM,
Are You Going To Heaven?
Quote:But seriously, its funny when people try to dictate what will happen to me spiritually. You've no Idea what I really think or believe since it seems you lack the ability to communicate effectively or at least understand my opinion without automatically assuming its adversarial or some sort of sure path to "spiritual darkness", simply because I don't like the limited and distorted language you do when it comes to attempting to communicate such ideas.

You are exactly right. The bible is very clear that it is not our job to dictate what will happen to anyone because truly we do not know. We only know ourselves. The Bible does say that we should love our neighbor. It does not say as long as your neighbor is Christian. It also encourages us to pray for those who have not seen the light.

On Sublect:

Yes I am going to heaven.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heaven Is Real: A Doctor’s Experience With the Afterlife drummer 0 466 10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Last Post: drummer
  Luminous Living: God’s Heaven On Earth - Our Golden Age Solve et Coagula 0 358 02-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Luminous Living: God’s Heaven On Earth - Our Golden Age Solve et Coagula 0 601 01-20-2011, 10:42 PM
  A Parable Of Heaven And Hell Solve et Coagula 2 597 10-15-2007, 11:13 PM