Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteer Officer Felled By Stun Gun
05-19-2007, 02:53 AM,
Volunteer officer felled by stun gun
10.59, Fri May 18 2007

One of Britain's top policemen volunteered to be shot with a 50,000 volt Taser stun gun in a bid to convince the public they are safe to use.

In a video released for the first time, Greater Manchester Police's Chief Constable Michael Todd convulses in agony as two wire barbs hit him in the back.

He then collapses to the floor in excruciating pain before being helped to his feet by two fellow officers, and exclaiming: "It hurt like hell!"

[Image: storyc3bfcde7251436198c4eccc1563a6161.jpg]

The footage was released to support plans announced by Home Secretary John Reid to extend the use of Tasers by police officers.

Currently only police on firearms duties carry the Taser guns as a 'non lethal' option when dealing with dangerous incidents where previously they would have had no alternative but to shoot a suspect.

The footage was filmed in 2005 shortly after Tasers began being used by the police - amid claims they may cause deaths.

Mr Todd was so convinced of their safety he volunteered to be hit with a Taser - and one lucky officer got the chance to shoot his boss.

The video was filmed for internal GMP use only, until they agreed to release the footage following the Home Secretary's comments.

Mr Todd said: "The news that the use of Taser guns will be extended to more than just firearms officers, subject to trials and final medical advice, is one that is welcomed by GMP.

"I hope that we are one of the forces selected for the trial and I await confirmation from ACPO with interest."

Tasers work by firing metal barbs into the skin which then discharge a 50,000 volt electrical charge which is designed to temporarily disable someone long enough to allow police to detain them safely.

The Home Office say if the go-ahead is given to extend their use trials could begin in September.

http://www.itv.com/news/index_891e9dbd7f65...9fec3895db.html
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
05-19-2007, 03:08 AM,
my friend who is in the services of the police force (UK) says all officers who carry a taser have been on the active end of one, in the UK they are not allowed to carry a taser until they have been hit with one, this counts for all forms of offensive weaponry, ie if you carry CS gas you have been hit with CS gas as part of your training... apart from bullets obviously. That would be stupid, to shoot ur own officers. The point is, in the UK they know what they are doing to you, cos they have had it done to them.
everything is true. nothing is permissible.
05-19-2007, 03:35 AM,
so when UK cops still are using exaggerating force to get one down and to keep him down they are just being sadistical, becuase they know what they are doing to the person.
[Image: dontbustme6cvcmg7.jpg]
05-19-2007, 03:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2007, 03:40 AM by Bobert.)
The police might have training where they are hit with tasers, but tasers are still widely abused especially here in America. Cops will taser you multiple times without remorse (probably pleasure). There have been cases where people were tased dozens and dozens of times and many times die.
05-20-2007, 01:15 PM,
Lothian and Borders police have already used them.

There was an incident in a where a man allegedly " went wild " throwing a stool around and tasers were used to "control" the situation.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotlan...ast/6645857.stm
Disarmed ? i believe the weapon we speak of here is a stool!

Quote:from webchat with Lothian and Borders police constable
tazers 12:36 Friday 24 February 2006
warren asked: what is your view on routine arming of afficers with tazers

Chief Constable Chief Constable replies: The Taser is only available as a direct alternative to the use of firearms - and as a deliberate less lethal option. The need for police officers to be provided with the most appropriate and least damaging equipment for them to deal with very violent and life threatening situations is essential. At present patrol officers carry CS spray, a batton and handcuffs. This is adequate to allow them to be able to deal with most violence that they meet. Taser and firearms are only available to specially trained officers and are not deployed as a matter of routine. I hope that the time is very far away when it might be necessarry to equip normal patrol officers with Taser equipment or firearms.

Last summer i read that Lothian and Borders police had spent £250,000 on crowd control weapons.
I had guessed that it would be tasers.
I remember thinking at the time , what are they expecting ?
after all the G8 meeting was the year before.

I truly thought there would be an engineered major incident to bring about the excuse to use them and bring about thier every day acceptance .
The "note to self" said just remember they had spent too much money in the summer of 2006 , to leave them lying in the back of a cupboard somewhere.

It seems now a more gradual approach is order of the day starting with a small village on the outskirts of edinburgh and a few lines hidden in the middle pages to slowly bring about acceptance .

I am as innocent regarding any conspiracy as any of you gentlemen in the room.
Jack Ruby

Every government is a parliament of whores. The trouble is, in a democracy, the whores are us.
P. J. O'Rourke
05-20-2007, 04:20 PM,
What's to keep many people from arming themselves with tasers or stunguns in protection against these over zeolous pigs?

Wouldn't the pigs be a little less apt to take someone down if they've a notion that possible individuals around them in the public could take them down just as easily? Pretty much along the same lines as the 2nd Amendments Right to Bear Arms intentions. An armed public doesn't need a Police Officer but a Peace Officer.

This type of electrocution is supposed to be non-lethal an I don't know of many states with registeration requirements for tasers. I purchased one online, no problem.

Gotta luv E-Bay....it's the shit for finding those "hard" to find items.

....on second thought, the pigs would just throw away their stunguns and revert back to real guns, maybe not a great idea.

But arming yourself with whatever weapon you can find at your disposal, is a good idea for reasons of personal defense.
05-20-2007, 05:20 PM,
Though Tazers are not widely used yet in Britain already 1 man has died after being on the receiving end of one. The amount of violent crime in the UK does not warrant all officers being issued with these weapons 1 in 8-10 would be a more reasonable figure. The only reason to arm all officers with these weapons is to repel any form of mass demonstrations by the people. Remember the miners strike and the Poll tax riots. Remember the beatings that legitimate protesters got. If the police are given these weapons then those beatings will seem like nothing in comparison, and people will die.
05-21-2007, 02:43 PM,
Quote:The only reason to arm all officers with these weapons is to repel any form of mass demonstrations by the people.

Isn't that what is about to happen?

Quote:If the police are given these weapons then those beatings will seem like nothing in comparison, and people will die.

and hopefully more of them dead, than us.
09-12-2010, 03:42 AM,
RE: Volunteer Officer Felled By Stun Gun
Hi! Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if they are also allowed to use stun guns for tripping? There is one officer in our region who abuses the use of stun guns. Too bad.

09-12-2010, 08:35 PM,
RE: Volunteer Officer Felled By Stun Gun
we're on to you spammer - might as well give up now.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYPD Officer "I'm not going to keep arresting innocent people," drummer 4 1,149 04-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Children deliberately shocked with stun guns. drummer 1 571 05-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Hans Olo
  Volunteer your location to the order ? jack 2 621 04-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Prostitute in Max Mosley 'Nazi' dungeon orgy was wife of MI5 officer TriWooOx 1 932 05-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Last Post: harflimon
  Officer who berated driver loses job in St. George floyd 1 535 09-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Xare
  Iranian officer 'seized in Iraq' TriWooOx 0 362 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Man Gets Bail After Shooting Officer Dead Drug Raid Conspiracy Dave 7 900 04-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Last Post: tkra
  Homeland Security Officer Arrested After Raid PSX 2 464 04-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Last Post: JohnDoe1984
  Should I Become An Officer? Conspiracy Dave 20 1,516 03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Last Post: MC David
  Officer Struck By Federal Judge Dies Ognir 0 383 10-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Ognir