Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore, Philadelphia,martial Law
05-19-2007, 06:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2007, 06:28 PM by bando.)
Baltimore, Philadelphia,martial Law
BALTIMORE, PHILADELPHIA MOVE TOWARDS MARTIAL LAW

JOHN FRITZE, BALTIMORE SUN - Large swaths of Baltimore could be declared emergency areas subject to heightened police enforcement - including a lockdown of streets - under a city councilman's proposal that aims to slow the city's climbing homicide count. The legislation - which met with a lukewarm response from Mayor Sheila Dixon's administration yesterday, and which others likened to martial law - would allow police to close liquor stores and bars, limit the number of people on city sidewalks and halt traffic in areas declared "public safety act zones." It comes as the number of homicides in Baltimore reached 108, up from 98 at the same time last year. . .

In addition to closing businesses in the zones, the bill would permit police to limit the number of people who could gather on sidewalks, in streets or in other outdoor areas. It would prohibit the sale and possession of weapons, though Curran acknowledged that weapons used by criminals are almost always already obtained illegally. Zones could be established solely by the mayor, initially for a two weeks, with the option to renew indefinitely.

Provisions of the bill are identical to a law in Philadelphia that recently gained attention when a mayoral candidate and former city councilman proposed relying more aggressively on the code. That candidate, Michael Nutter, won the Democratic nomination for mayor Tuesday. . .

Philadelphia's law allows the city to impose a curfew in the emergency zones, but Curran said he removed that provision from his bill because it seemed too strict.

Source: http://prorev.com/2007/05/baltimore-philad...ove-towards.htm
NM 156
by Queensr├┐che

Uniform printout reads end of line,Protect code intact leaves little time
Erratic surveys, free thinking not allowed,My hands shake, my push buttons silence
The outside crowd

One world government has outlawed war among nations,Now social control requires population termination

Have we come too far,To turn around,Does emotion hold the key
Is logic just a synonym for,This savagery, disguised in
Forgotten lost memory

Microchip logic,have we no more thought
&Is this wrong& I enter,Answers sought
Punch, punch, punch, transfer this data
Into code. Wide eyes watch my Number 156 is shown
Created from past life to perform,Illicit function, I fail this conscious
Madness I man/machine imperfection

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn ! shortwave 1 1,067 03-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Last Post: April
  Elena Kagan And Jewish Justices (From The Baltimore Jewish Times) Scorpio 0 1,624 05-23-2010, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Scorpio