Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Plans Drawn Up To Turn Us All Veggie
05-29-2007, 12:02 PM,
Secret plans drawn up to turn us all veggie
By SEAN POULTER » Last updated at 11:25am on 29th May 2007

Secret plans to encourage the nation to give up eating meat are being examined by the Government.

A leaked e-mail expresses sympathy for the environmental benefits of a mass switch to a vegan diet - a strict form of vegetarianism which bans milk, dairy products and fish.

The change would need to be done "gently" because of a "risk of alienating the public", according to the document.

The extreme policy is being examined on the basis it could make a major contribution to slowing climate change.

Farm animals are blamed for producing huge amounts of the greenhouse gases methane and carbon dioxide.

However, the National Farmers' Union has ridiculed the idea as "simplistic".

The e-mail, sent to a vegetarian campaign group, comes from an official at the Environment Agency, a Government advisory body.

It states: "The potential benefit of a vegan diet in terms of climate impact could be very significant."

However, it does recognise that it would be very difficult to win public support for such a move.

Consequently, it says the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is looking to encourage a gradual change that would be more palatable to the general public.

The e-mail states: "It will be a case of introducing this gently as there is a risk of alienating the public majority."

The official goes on to say it is "unlikely" that the Environment Agency would ever suggest adopting a fully vegan lifestyle.

But the e-mail added: "Certainly encouraging people to examine their consumption of animal protein could be a key message."

The proposals are the latest in a raft of measures being promoted as helping to slow climate change.

Others include putting windmills on rooftops, driving electric cars and banning plastic bags.

The e-mail was sent to the campaigning vegetarian organisation Viva, which argues that it is more efficient to use land to grow crops for humans, rather than feeding them to farm animals and dairy cows.

Viva director Juliet Gellatley said: "I think it is extraordinary that a Government agency thinks becoming a vegetarian or vegan could have such a positive impact for the environment yet it is not prepared to stand up and argue the case.

"There is a growing awareness that our diet directly affects the world around us - and that vegetarians and vegans contribute far less to the destruction of the environment. For our planet's sake there is an urgent need to move away from a meat and dairy-obsessed Western diet."

NFU communications chief Anthony Gibson rejected these claims as "simplistic and flawed".

"This is not a black and white issue," he said.

"You have to look at how these crops are produced in terms of the energy used for growing and transport."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pagesve/arti...d=1770&ct=5
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
05-29-2007, 01:02 PM,
Vegan is the healthiest lifestyle anyway if done properly. I would only go back to eating meat if the economy totally crashed & we were forced to live as survivalists. I personally think that the industry is satanic.
[Image: paulbanneroc1.gif]
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM,
Alvin Tofflers '3rd wave' (the book handed out by gingrich to every one is the US house) comes true... what a co-incidence.

Deprive the profane of meat produce and feed them on GM soya. Food is and always has been a weapon.
05-29-2007, 05:40 PM,
Surely we are allowed to eat each other soon as this is introduced, as we will all be walking vegetables by then. :biggrin:
05-29-2007, 06:03 PM,
Quote:Alvin Tofflers '3rd wave' (the book handed out by gingrich to every one is the US house) comes true... what a co-incidence.

Deprive the profane of meat produce and feed them on GM soya. Food is and always has been a weapon.

I'm not defending these actions of the British government but a vegan diet can be beneficial. You should check out Dr. Lorraine Day's information, she's a vegan & advocates it.
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2007, 06:28 PM by maggot.)
Quote:Deprive the profane of meat produce and feed them on GM soya. Food is and always has been a weapon.
Quite right because meat 'makes sheep aggressive' ie it contains protein and I expect boosts testosterone(which boosts height size and generally masculinity), and soya contains loads of oestrogen (for worrying about things and rubbing hands hoping someone else will deal with their problems). And we couldn't very well have that, could we? Big strong masculines amongst a mass population of customized weaklings serving err a population of customized weaklings? How long could that last?:freaked::biggrin:
Personally I try to achieve a balanced diet - that is some meat some vegetables plenty of liquids(much more vegetarian than meat-based though). Depending on what I'm doing. Meat is best for 'beefing' up, vegetables are better for nutrition and liquids are for digestion, circulation and other such stuff. I've noticed in the past if I cut out meat entirely after 3 months I've lost about a stone and my weight is pretty much perfect for my height/age etc. Oh and I generally eat bread and don't eat puddings...puddings whats the point in that? Apart from getting fat and/or falling asleep after a big meal :biggrin:
05-30-2007, 05:42 AM,
I think the idea has to do with the GMO Food Industry's agenda to shift everybody onto crops and since they are planning on and are buying up all the food and making it impossible for normal farmers, they will own the entire food supply.

It's a big scheme.
Do you really think your a higher form of life? You...With your dripping jaws, and your bloodshot eyes. You...With your varicosities and your vermin for an appendix. You...with your hemroids and assterioids. Often I wake up at night and ponder these matters. And then I feel very strongly that I should talk them over with Brother Theodore...and then, and then I wake up fully and remember that I am Brother Theodore. And my heart aches. And my tears flow. And I see my Aunt Marie floating in the chicken soup...more dead than alive...more naked than not. And oh, now I see a mailman, a mailman giving birth to a dog of all things!

Never a moments peace, never a moments peace...never a moments peace.
05-30-2007, 11:49 AM,
I love how (actually I despise it) people continually shout and complain about being forced to do things or forced not to do certain things, how they campaign against tyranny and against cruelty and brutality yet are guilty of the very things about which they protest! Total hypocrisy.

Why should people be forced not to eat meat? Why should the fμcking animals be forced into a life of slavery, abuse, and exploitation and then forced to their deaths and usually while they scream and try to resist?

What happens to the non-human animals is egregious and barbaric beyond words. There is no justification for the atrocious way they are regularly treated. Non-human animals are regularly beaten, raped (with machines), tortured, violently abused and murdered. It is vile how this society treats them. It is nothing less than abhorrent and nauseating.

The indifference of humans towards other animals is mind-boggling. The commoditization of our fellow pain-capable, sentient earthlings is nothing less than disgusting and repugnant.

The fact that the vegan diet is nutritionally superior is a side issue.
Funny how people insist that death, murder, torture has to be a part of ones dietary needs.....fucking nutters everywhere!!

--- Purple Bex.
05-31-2007, 05:31 AM,
Oh fuck.... here we go again!

Somebody light that fucking BBQ already! I want mine medium rare.
06-02-2007, 02:10 AM,
well its not a secret anymore!! there is a raw food (vegan) documentary on the tracker here which gives a blow by blow account about what becoming a vegan is all about. i'm a vegatarian and have been for the last 10(?) years i'm never good at giving reasons because there are little mini-reasons which add up to something bigger.

my first reason was i was looking for a new identity, some kids change their clothes or listen to different music
2nd- eating meat was not my choice, it was my parents choice i wanted to be different!
3rd- I belive humans can exist on a meat free diet, our mitocondrea the cells that make energy have become lazy under our new western diet.
4th- the animals are treated as a means to an end, and there is a great dis-association between the animal and the pre-packed wedge of meat in the supermarket.
5th- take a look here at what they are trying to re-introduce into the human food chain! if it does we see an increase in childhood weaking conditions, keeping us dependant on prescription medication.
6th overuse of anti-biotics, most animals are fed antibiotics in with their food
7th the great disparity between countries as to what are acceptable animals to eat - by not eating animals I avoid the whole debate over wether to eat Whale when in Japan or Horse in France, donkey in the kebab shop.
8th- somebody went out of their way to make me a meal, more thought goes into a veggie meal.
9th- personally I think my immune system is better as a consequence of removing meat from my diet
10th- its a great topic of discussion at the dinner table, really gets some people going as it causes them to re-evaluate their food intake.

should I go on? i'm not trying to convert anybody
&Advertising has these people chasing cars and clothes they don't need.
Generations have been working in jobs they hate, just so they can buy what they don't really need.&
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 19
06-02-2007, 03:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2007, 03:28 AM by freeon.)
There's nothing in there about forcing anyone to stop eating meat. Most of this is one guy's opinion (so called "official") and he's only talking about suggesting people "go vegan".

Quote:The official goes on to say it is "unlikely" that the Environment Agency would ever suggest adopting a fully vegan lifestyle.

But the e-mail added: "Certainly encouraging people to examine their consumption of animal protein could be a key message."

The proposals are the latest in a raft of measures being promoted as helping to slow climate change.

Others include putting windmills on rooftops, driving electric cars and banning plastic bags.
^^banning plastic bags?
plastic is way overused but banning them?
&Having raised the earth's temperature 1 degree Fahrenheit in the last three decades, we're facing another increase of 4 degrees over the next century. That would imply changes that constitute practically a different planet. It's not something we can adapt to. We can't let it go on another 10 years like this.& - NASA's Goddard Space Institute Director James Hansen

ConspiracyCentral Tracker Style Mod
06-02-2007, 03:40 AM,
Quote:Vegan is the healthiest lifestyle anyway if done properly. I would only go back to eating meat if the economy totally crashed & we were forced to live as survivalists. I personally think that the industry is satanic.

That's not true at all! Vegan diet is just not natural. Humans have ALWAYS been omnivores and you just can't get all the nutrients from veggies. Look into B12, for example. There are many others.

Have you heard how some baby died recently after their vegan diet parents fed it only vegan diet? That says it all.
06-02-2007, 03:48 AM,
Not all animals grown for food are mistreated, just corporate ones. I have cattle and they free range and live a pretty decent life, except the one in the freezer, and he had a good one.
There is nothing unholy about eating meat or not eating meat, there is something bad about demanding that someone does one but not the other. Insisting is one thing but demanding is totally different.
With the GM & GE foods they can basically destroy us and they can with meat to a certain extent. Those of us who organically farm will be forced with CODEX to either stop or convert to their way. Fish already is contaminated in farm raised and many ocean waters. There is however the fear of getting uncontaminated meat from hunting which would kinda of screw up their plan of the GM & GE foods.
I am in a way a vegan. I eat the animal that ate the vegies. Got my whole food group in one bite!
06-02-2007, 12:50 PM,
Quote:Have you heard how some baby died recently after their vegan diet parents fed it only vegan diet? That says it all.
Yes I did, I reckon the baby was underfed or neglected.
If you watch the breakthrough video mentioned earlier in this topic you will see that a mother successfully had more than 1 child on the vegan diet, recovered and lost the excess flab around her stomach very quickly. Being a veggie you can still live a "normal" life and intergrate with society. Becoming vegan requires a new life structure around making your own organic food and seeking out a simpler existance.
&Advertising has these people chasing cars and clothes they don't need.
Generations have been working in jobs they hate, just so they can buy what they don't really need.&
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 19
06-02-2007, 05:12 PM,
Quote:
Quote:Vegan is the healthiest lifestyle anyway if done properly. I would only go back to eating meat if the economy totally crashed & we were forced to live as survivalists. I personally think that the industry is satanic.

That's not true at all! Vegan diet is just not natural. Humans have ALWAYS been omnivores and you just can't get all the nutrients from veggies. Look into B12, for example. There are many others.

Have you heard how some baby died recently after their vegan diet parents fed it only vegan diet? That says it all.

lol that definately does not "say it all," you have no idea if they were responsible parents or not they could have been neglegant hippies who didn't feed the child at all. Watch the file on the tracker & look into Lorraine Day's information as well as others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Secret government documents reveal vaccines to be a total hoax Easy Skanking 6 709 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: jarevfra
  Climate change skeptic makes u-turn mastermg 5 1,044 07-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  Fears over fluoride plans TriWooOx 4 924 06-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Last Post: yeti
Exclamation The end of the good life (Plans to scrap UK allotments) Dunamis 1 678 05-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Last Post: yeti
  Bolivia Ambassador to UN Pablo Solón Responds to Secret U.S. Manipulation mexika 0 516 12-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Last Post: mexika
  One third of 'extinct' animals turn up again dicktater 0 432 10-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Last Post: dicktater
  Food: The Ultimate Secret Exposed - PT 1/2 hilly7 4 836 08-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Nokturnal
  Russian Scholar Warns Of 'Secret' U.S. Climate Change Weapon mexika 0 531 08-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Last Post: mexika
  Revealed: the nasty secret in your kitchen cupboard drummer 1 551 04-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Secret of Harmonia drew hempel 1 453 11-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Last Post: drew hempel